Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Jeph Loeb gotta go, sick of his crap. EVERYTIME I get into a character

or series, Jeph Loeb gets assigned to it and RUINS it. The WHOLE Ultimate

Marvel Universe, the old X-Force series, Superman, Batman, now Cosmic

Marvel. Nova is gonna suck soooo bad, :sadbron:

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So is it understood that Joker "knows"? The way it seems like he's targeting the family it makes it seem like he knows now and that's the joke.

Things were going so well...the Robins were starting to understand each other, Batgirl was crackin skulls, even Jason showed up for a lil mini reunion during the Owl shyt. How much further can they push it? Bats shot Joker in the head once, so we already know he's willing to break the code for that one exception.

LOL @ Joker calling Bats out for getting worn down by the Court of Owls too

No he didn't. That was one of the substitute Batmen if you're talking about the story Grant Morrison wrote leading up to Batman R.I.P.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
So is it understood that Joker "knows"? The way it seems like he's targeting the family it makes it seem like he knows now and that's the joke.

Things were going so well...the Robins were starting to understand each other, Batgirl was crackin skulls, even Jason showed up for a lil mini reunion during the Owl shyt. How much further can they push it? Bats shot Joker in the head once, so we already know he's willing to break the code for that one exception.

LOL @ Joker calling Bats out for getting worn down by the Court of Owls too

that was an imposter batman, i hated what they did to the joker after that sh1t he became less entertaining and he was just a psycho who couldnt stop smiling looking like a sleeveless barber with strait razors, only cool thing that came out of that was when damien thought he had him cornered when he started beating his ass with a crowbar he wasnt expecting jokers blood to be toxic rendering him paralyzed

"A robin that brings his own crowbar to the party?...You might be the funniest one yet!"

tumblr_l7h2e9Oax41qcpzzmo1_500.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I cant even remember what those fake batmans were for i remember they even had one that looked like bane

2561697-1023633-batman664p21_super_super.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant even remember what those fake batmans were for i remember they even had one that looked like bane

2561697-1023633-batman664p21_super_super.jpg

The fake Batmen were failed experiments. They were being made in case the real Batman ever died in the line of duty.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Jeph Loeb gotta go, sick of his crap. EVERYTIME I get into a character

or series, Jeph Loeb gets assigned to it and RUINS it. The WHOLE Ultimate

Marvel Universe, the old X-Force series, Superman, Batman, now Cosmic

Marvel. Nova is gonna suck soooo bad, :sadbron:

You didn't like his Superman or Batman stuff? I thought he was good on the Batman minis that he did with Sale, and at least competent on Superman.

It wasn't until his son died that we got shyt like Ultimates 3, Ultimatum and his utterly, utterly reprehensible Wolverine garbage. I mean, Daniel fukking Way had to save that shyt. Daniel fukking Way.

Oh yeah, and Hulk. Can't forget about that. Thank goodness Grek Pak was around to save THAT one....

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You didn't like his Superman or Batman stuff? I thought he was good on the Batman minis that he did with Sale, and at least competent on Superman.

It wasn't until his son died that we got shyt like Ultimates 3, Ultimatum and his utterly, utterly reprehensible Wolverine garbage. I mean, Daniel fukking Way had to save that shyt. Daniel fukking Way.

Oh yeah, and Hulk. Can't forget about that. Thank goodness Grek Pak was around to save THAT one....

Loeb has been mostly hit or miss his entire fukking career.

It's just that his hits were REALLY big hits and all came around the same time. The majority of his work is crap.

I still say his son was Ghostwriting for him.......

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Im looking for the walking dead comics

If one of you post it can you @ me cause I might forget to check the thread again

+rep for whoever drops the links

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Loeb has been mostly hit or miss his entire fukking career.

It's just that his hits were REALLY big hits and all came around the same time. The majority of his work is crap.

I still say his son was Ghostwriting for him.......

True. He went from mediocre to good to fukking awful after his son died. Hulk and Wolverine was legitimately some of the worst nonsense I've ever read and was a waste of 2 good artists. But his good work was him. His son wasn't ghostwriting for him from the ages of 11 to 17 (at least I hope not).

Why the fukk did they put this guy back on Wolverine though? :scusthov::snoop:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True. He went from mediocre to good to fukking awful after his son died. Hulk and Wolverine was legitimately some of the worst nonsense I've ever read and was a waste of 2 good artists. But his good work was him. His son wasn't ghostwriting for him from the ages of 11 to 17 (at least I hope not).

Why the fukk did they put this guy back on Wolverine though? :scusthov::snoop:

This is the conclusion I've come to when reading his work through the years. Loeb's drop off has been so damn dramatic.

Loeb has been making the most critically panned shyt for years now, but they keep giving him work.

The Last good thing Loeb wrote was Ultimate X (which surprised the hell out of me).