Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't like regular nikkas being able to hurt Superman?
No the superman dictator / evil angle i guess I misjudged it :yeshrug: cause you guys constantly big it up I'll look at the trade if I can get it from the library

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Avengers #35 was dope, The future Marvel looks fukked up and the new Illuminati
They got my dude Hank Pym along with Cho and Captain Britain

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 was meh, I was expecting so much better.

Lol at the Cops shooting the black spider-man in USM

I can already see that Bendis wants to hook up Jean and Miles in All New X-Men

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avengers #35 was dope, The future Marvel looks fukked up and the new Illuminati
They got my dude Hank Pym along with Cho and Captain Britain

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 was meh, I was expecting so much better.

Lol at the Cops shooting the black spider-man in USM

I can already see that Bendis wants to hook up Jean and Miles in All New X-Men
Miles ? He's in all new xmen

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
grant morrison.

uther-clapping.gif

If you haven't read Multiversity, well, there's noting I can say about all the easter eggs I saw without spoiling it except for the fact that all the easter eggs tied themselves up storywise exactly like they were supposed to.

I WILL say that this feels like a DIRECT continuation of Final Crisis, with the first person we're introduced to is Anthro, The First Boy (remember Anthro showed up wearing Mr. Terrific's jacket in the beginning of Final Crisis?). Will it end with Kamandi?

I've also wondered if DC cuts Warren Ellis a check every time they mention The Bleed?

Also, it's very fukking scary to me how Ellis' ideas feed into Morrison's ideas, who feeds into Alan Moore's ideas, who feeds into Ellis' ideas.

There's even a VERY faint but extremely broad nod to Morrison's "The Invisibles" here, if you're paying attention.

I'm thinking about rereading The Invisibles, but that' some truly scary shyt.

Oh, it also feels like his JLA stuff post that first arc with the White Martians. It even feels like it art wise.

Have I mentioned that this whole "Batman/Prep-Time™" bullshyt wouldn't exist if it weren't for Morrison's JLA? Without it, Batman would still be losing to Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke, and locking KGBeast in sewers to starve to death instead of fighting him.

Anyway, deep thinkiers and comic historians, drop your thoughts.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
grant morrison.

uther-clapping.gif

If you haven't read Multiversity, well, there's noting I can say about all the easter eggs I saw without spoiling it except for the fact that all the easter eggs tied themselves up storywise exactly like they were supposed to.

I WILL say that this feels like a DIRECT continuation of Final Crisis, with the first person we're introduced to is Anthro, The First Boy (remember Anthro showed up wearing Mr. Terrific's jacket in the beginning of Final Crisis?). Will it end with Kamandi?

I've also wondered if DC cuts Warren Ellis a check every time they mention The Bleed?

Also, it's very fukking scary to me how Ellis' ideas feed into Morrison's ideas, who feeds into Alan Moore's ideas, who feeds into Ellis' ideas.

There's even a VERY faint but extremely broad nod to Morrison's "The Invisibles" here, if you're paying attention.

I'm thinking about rereading The Invisibles, but that' some truly scary shyt.

Oh, it also feels like his JLA stuff post that first arc with the White Martians. It even feels like it art wise.

Have I mentioned that this whole "Batman/Prep-Time™" bullshyt wouldn't exist if it weren't for Morrison's JLA? Without it, Batman would still be losing to Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke, and locking KGBeast in sewers to starve to death instead of fighting him.

Anyway, deep thinkiers and comic historians, drop your thoughts.

A damn fine read. I enjoyed them meeting the DC version of the avengers.
Black superman was doing his thing and I also believe it is a continuation of finial crisis I hope it ends well because Final Crisis was not well received (except from those of us who enjoy Morrision style of writing)