Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
grant morrison.

uther-clapping.gif

If you haven't read Multiversity, well, there's noting I can say about all the easter eggs I saw without spoiling it except for the fact that all the easter eggs tied themselves up storywise exactly like they were supposed to.

I WILL say that this feels like a DIRECT continuation of Final Crisis, with the first person we're introduced to is Anthro, The First Boy (remember Anthro showed up wearing Mr. Terrific's jacket in the beginning of Final Crisis?). Will it end with Kamandi?

I've also wondered if DC cuts Warren Ellis a check every time they mention The Bleed?

Also, it's very fukking scary to me how Ellis' ideas feed into Morrison's ideas, who feeds into Alan Moore's ideas, who feeds into Ellis' ideas.

There's even a VERY faint but extremely broad nod to Morrison's "The Invisibles" here, if you're paying attention.

I'm thinking about rereading The Invisibles, but that' some truly scary shyt.

Oh, it also feels like his JLA stuff post that first arc with the White Martians. It even feels like it art wise.

Have I mentioned that this whole "Batman/Prep-Time™" bullshyt wouldn't exist if it weren't for Morrison's JLA? Without it, Batman would still be losing to Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke, and locking KGBeast in sewers to starve to death instead of fighting him.

Anyway, deep thinkiers and comic historians, drop your thoughts.

I don't blame him for not wanting to fight KGBeast.
Thats just good decesion making right there.

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah. The original New Gods concept really is a dope philosophical concept, if you think about it.

Highfather's gods represent chaos. And while we are taught to see Chaos as "bad", there can be no creativity or growth without it. Order is a blank sheet of paper or a dark, silent room.

Introduce chaos and you get stuff written on paper, noise and light. But you need orderly chaos for form those sounds into music or letters and stories. or those things combined to get movies and music videos. Either can exist on it's own, but one without the other is nothing but what it is.

Take Mister Miracle. The ultimate escape artist. He really represents the concept of freedom from control.

I'm really not a fan of the stories themselves, because I find them kind of corny. But as a concept? :ohlawd:

Never knew this!

Props for dropping this knowledge!!!!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
grant morrison.

uther-clapping.gif

If you haven't read Multiversity, well, there's noting I can say about all the easter eggs I saw without spoiling it except for the fact that all the easter eggs tied themselves up storywise exactly like they were supposed to.

I WILL say that this feels like a DIRECT continuation of Final Crisis, with the first person we're introduced to is Anthro, The First Boy (remember Anthro showed up wearing Mr. Terrific's jacket in the beginning of Final Crisis?). Will it end with Kamandi?

I've also wondered if DC cuts Warren Ellis a check every time they mention The Bleed?

Also, it's very fukking scary to me how Ellis' ideas feed into Morrison's ideas, who feeds into Alan Moore's ideas, who feeds into Ellis' ideas.

There's even a VERY faint but extremely broad nod to Morrison's "The Invisibles" here, if you're paying attention.

I'm thinking about rereading The Invisibles, but that' some truly scary shyt.

Oh, it also feels like his JLA stuff post that first arc with the White Martians. It even feels like it art wise.

Have I mentioned that this whole "Batman/Prep-Time™" bullshyt wouldn't exist if it weren't for Morrison's JLA? Without it, Batman would still be losing to Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke, and locking KGBeast in sewers to starve to death instead of fighting him.

Anyway, deep thinkiers and comic historians, drop your thoughts.

I'm most continuously impressed by Morrison's ability to put the kind of stuff in one issue that Marvel stretches out over an eight issue event. Or maybe that's what Marvel keeps disappointing me with. :patrice:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I hope Exodus is just "knocked out" at the moment.

No way some "new" character get to take out a heavyweight like Exodus.

Exodus "Fatal Attraction" storyline beat down X-Force AND The X-Men like they were preschoolers.
what book did this happen in??? im just gettin caught back up...

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Does anyone know what the details are on this new black Captain America?
Are they rebooting Isiah Bradley, or is this somebody new entirely?

Also... If the new chick Thor is a PAWG, do the coli comic-heads support BlackCap smashing... or is does that make him a c00n?
:sas2:
:patrice:
I miss Dwayne McDuffue :(

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Does anyone know what the details are on this new black Captain America?
Are they rebooting Isiah Bradley, or is this somebody new entirely?

Also... If the new chick Thor is a PAWG, do the coli comic-heads support BlackCap smashing... or is does that make him a c00n?
:sas2:
:patrice:
I miss Dwayne McDuffue :(

It's The Falc-

wait is this a troll post!? :russ:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
oh futures end is a glorified what if so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
The new black Robin in the Future's End issue is an already established character named Duke Thomas.
He was the little kid who was trying to make himself smarter in Batman: Zero Year so he could beat the Riddler's riddle traps.
I am liking how there are all of these possible Robins running around in the Batman books. I think they are up to about 4 or 5 different characters that could possibly end up becoming Robin.
EGHJbLH.jpg

CVXijdD.png

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new black Robin in the Future's End issue is an already established character named Duke Thomas.
He was the little kid who was trying to make himself smarter in Batman: Zero Year so he could beat the Riddler's riddle traps.
I am liking how there are all of these possible Robins running around in the Batman books. I think they are up to about 4 or 5 different characters that could possibly end up becoming Robin.
EGHJbLH.jpg

CVXijdD.png
Thanks for the info . Why is batman acting like he's 70 in the fe stuff , are they saying that the war with earth 2 did that ? It's 5 years not 30-40.
How you feel about what's marvel doing ? This inversion stuff just seems like stuff marvels been doing for a few years and definitely seems like a typical remender story .im more intrigued by what Hickman did in avengers 35 with avengers vs illuminati

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Thanks for the info . Why is batman acting like he's 70 in the fe stuff , are they saying that the war with earth 2 did that ? It's 5 years not 30-40.
How you feel about what's marvel doing ?
In the Earth 2 War Batman got fukked up and his back was broken again on top of a ton of other injuries. I am interested in seeing how Hickman ends his Avengers time travel storyline but I am not looking forward to Axis because it seems to rely too much on stuff Remender set up in Uncanny Avengers which I just can't stand. Plus it seems like Marvel is going overboard with all of the different individual time travel storylines going on.