Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Kieron Gillen has a bad habit of sometimes writing stuff that is "too cool for the room". it was what happened on his Young Avengers and he slips into it a lot with The Wicked + Divine.
Man I hated his Young Avengers

Most of us here read non cape shyt. I'm currently buying Lazarus,Nailbiter (Awesome book) East of West, Rat Queens, Fatale (It just ended) and the bunker. I dropped Sex Criminals the hype really killed that book for me. Speculators usually make me miss the image books by the time I get to my LCS them shyts are sold out and I always forget to preorder.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That panel of Kamala hugging Lockjaw in Ms Marvel might be panel of the years, my brehs.

Meanwhile, surprise surprise! Axis has struck early as the inevitable tie-in has given us the first mediocre issue of Magneto. Ruin good books by forcing them to participate in awful events, brehs.

Through sheer coincidence (read by accident) I downloaded Annihilator, only to find out it was written by Grant Morrison. A solid start, although alongside Multiversity the Morrisonisms in his writing are more in your in face than ever, and it's not necessarily a good thing.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Annihilation was Grant Morrison dialed up to one hundred. The art was incredible though.

Wild's End #1 was good. I am a fan of Abnett and his doing what amounts to a comic version of the Fantastic Mr. Fox but adding the aline invasion twist is cool.

I thought all of the Future's End tie-ins were good this week with Batgirl and Constantine being my favorite of the bunch. Gail Simone still writes the best Bane; hopefully she gets to use him in her Secret Six book.

I can't take Red Skull's S-Men seriously. They all look stupid and have awful code names. Magneto losing to them is just shameful.

Lockjaw makes everything better.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The Futures End tie-ins are some other shyt. What Batman does to himself is :merchant:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
New Suicide Squad's Futures End issue was the most cringe worthy book I've read since the Jokers Daughter villains month book last year

Slott continues to ruin black cat :snoop:
Al Ewing is really one of Marvels best writers that Hyperion story in Avengers #34.1 :whew:

Edge of Spider-Verse was dope, Spider-Man Noir :ohlawd:

Imma read Lazarus tomorrow.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Lazarus and Velvet continue to shine....thats all I was able to read today though :to:

New Suicide Squad's Futures End issue was the most cringe worthy book I've read since the Jokers Daughter villains month book last year

Slott continues to ruin black cat :snoop:
Al Ewing is really one of Marvels best writers that Hyperion story in Avengers #34.1 :whew:

Edge of Spider-Verse was dope, Spider-Man Noir :ohlawd:

Imma read Lazarus tomorrow.
I think Al Ewing is Marvel's best kept secret. Mighty Avengers and Agent of Asgard are pretty damn good.

And I think it's high time Slott got off Spider-Man myself

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I haven't finished reading today's stack.

Suicide Squad sucked. Hard. I only read it out of loyalty to the brand.

Birds of Prey sucked. I tuned the page and saw Barbara Gordon, I literally was like

disgusted.gif

Constatine was great. I have no idea why people hating on this book right now.

East of West... the other three horsemen got styled on.

Justice League sucked.

I'm gonna say it every week, but Tom Taylor is killing his shyt every week. I really can't recall a writer being this consistent. Not on a WEEKLY basis.