Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The art on the Death of Wolverine book is good but I just can't bring myself to care about Wolverine dying.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Well you are either kidding yourself or are not familiar with the business side of the comic industry. Wolverine is and almost always has been a draw. His "death" will always be a significant issue on the money side of things. Now if story is well done is an entirely different issue...
I know my LCS and the owner even told me Wolverine books don't sell at the shop. They only do variants on demand so I don't see why it would do any better than the regular Wolverine book at my LCS.

Justice League was good it, the art was meh but that last page gave me a fan boy moment

Lex Joining the league is awesome and it looks like that power ring chick is staying around.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Why was Original Sin marketed as a big event book? It was a Nick Fury miniseries. That's what it should've been...Nick Fury: Original Sin. Marvel :troll:ed us.
If they said it was a Nick Fury book nobody would have bought it so they marketed it with the team ups.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I know my LCS and the owner even told me Wolverine books don't sell at the shop. They only do variants on demand so I don't see why it would do any better than the regular Wolverine book at my LCS.

Justice League was good it, the art was meh but that last page gave me a fan boy moment

Lex Joining the league is awesome and it looks like that power ring chick is staying around.

I've been fortunate enough to travel often and live in multiple states and of course I always had to find a local shop wherever I lived. Something I've noticed in talking with different shop owners is how regional certain titles and publishers are. One of my close friends owns a shop in NJ and he says DC books outsell Marvel books there almost 3 to 1, whereas my shop I grew up buying from in thr South routinely sold more Marvel every single month. His shop held double the shelf room for marvel titles vs. DC, with Xbooks selling the most.

The point of all this is that, one shop or area ain't gonna tell the whole picture. Wolverine is a top 3 drawing character in comics, even above Superman. His nationwide and worldwide sales and notoriety validate that. None of these sales necessarily define the qualityfof his book however but I've always enjoyed his title, but granted I'm biased.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I've been fortunate enough to travel often and live in multiple states and of course I always had to find a local shop wherever I lived. Something I've noticed in talking with different shop owners is how regional certain titles and publishers are. One of my close friends owns a shop in NJ and he says DC books outsell Marvel books there almost 3 to 1, whereas my shop I grew up buying from in thr South routinely sold more Marvel every single month. His shop held double the shelf room for marvel titles vs. DC, with Xbooks selling the most.

The point of all this is that, one shop or area ain't gonna tell the whole picture. Wolverine is a top 3 drawing character in comics, even above Superman. His nationwide and worldwide sales and notoriety validate that. None of these sales necessarily define the qualityfof his book however but I've always enjoyed his title, but granted I'm biased.
That's simply not true. Right now Superman books are selling better than Wolverine books

off the top of my head Batman, Spider-Man, Superman and Deadpool all sell better than him

You might have to add Harley Quinn to that list too someday

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
link to deadpool comics selling more than wolverine comics?
33Deadpool Vs X-Force1$3.99Marvel54,762

39Deadpool31$3.99Marvel49,930
45Wolverine10$3.99Marvel47,813

49Deadpool32$3.99Marvel46,829
52Deadpool Vs X-Force2$3.99Marvel45,047
61Deadpool Draculas Gauntlet1$3.99Marvel40,790
72Deadpool Draculas Gauntlet2$3.99Marvel38,683
76Deadpool Draculas Gauntlet3$3.99Marvel37,449
82Deadpool Draculas Gauntlet4$3.99Marvel36,581
92Wolverine And X-Men6$3.99Marvel32,995
146Savage Wolverine21$3.99Marvel20,050

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-07.html

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I prefer a list based off one character if possible and not just for one month. I refuse to believe that Deadpool comics have sold more than Wolverine comics in general overall

• Dap
Reactions: TNC
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
You won't find a list like that but Deadpool #31 sold more than Wolverine #10

Deadpool was also outselling him before his book got relaunched

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
You won't find a list like that but Deadpool #31 sold more than Wolverine #10

Deadpool was also outselling him before his book got relaunched

Your numbers are skewed, comics sales change from month to month. Batman can be the #1 selling character in one month and then drop out of the top ten in the next month. As I said, you might be unfamiliar with comic sales but Wolverine in a consistent draw, one of the few characters to do so. Its ok, I can accept you just not being familiar with the industry but if you are going off of one month, be prepared for a changing list every single month.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Your numbers are skewed, comics sales change from month to month. Batman can be the #1 selling character in one month and then drop out of the top ten in the next month. As I said, you might be unfamiliar with comic sales but Wolverine in a consistent draw, one of the few characters to do so. Its ok, I can accept you just not being familiar with the industry but if you are going off of one month, be prepared for a changing list every single month.
My god I posted the figures not just the rankings. The rankings don't mean shyt just the figures which Deadpool is doing better than Wolverine with.
Deadpool didn't even have a bunch of variants and incentives (I know about the incentives they give retailers) and still outsold him
The figures change every month but Deadpool outsells him regularly. Wolverine doesn't move books like he used to you need to accept that.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
My god I posted the figures not just the rankings. The rankings don't mean shyt just the figures which Deadpool is doing better than Wolverine with.
Deadpool didn't even have a bunch of variants and incentives (I know about the incentives they give retailers) and still outsold him
The figures change every month but Deadpool outsells him regularly. Wolverine doesn't move books like he used to you need to accept that.

Hmmm, good point. I could be too engrained in the sales from the 90s and 2000s when I heavily kept up with it. I looks like Logan's book still sell, but everything is taking a back seat to Spidey and Avengers right now. Ebbs and flows, the GOAT will be back eventually :smugdraper: