Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Moon Knight 7: What kind of "yes he's definitely a Batman knockoff" shyt is this!? :dwillhuh:

"What are you doing in MY city?" "This is MY city!"

:what:REALLY!?

:what: You really just wrote a generic Batman issue and put Moon Knight in it!?

:scusthov: Who is htat chick at the end supposed to be!?

:mindblown: Do you have any idea how obscure a character is that even I don't know who it is!?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Original Sin :snoop:

I wish I knew ahead of time that this was going to be a Nick Fury book instead of what was advertised with characters I'm actually interested in so I could skip this rubbish

Earth 2 Futures End was dope. Mr Terrific got a new squeeze

about to read Justice League, Nailbiter and Punisher

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Moon Knight 7: What kind of "yes he's definitely a Batman knockoff" shyt is this!? :dwillhuh:

"What are you doing in MY city?" "This is MY city!"

:what:REALLY!?

:what: You really just wrote a generic Batman issue and put Moon Knight in it!?

:scusthov: Who is htat chick at the end supposed to be!?

:mindblown: Do you have any idea how obscure a character is that even I don't know who it is!?

And I came her to ask you who that chick was supposed to be too. :wow

Then again, I'm not even sure if it matters since I'll probably drop this book now that it's clear Ellis' level clearly won't be reached.

Anyway:

Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool had me dying at the page where they parodied the Hawkeye/dog issue. :dead:

I'm shocked how good all those Future's End issues were, or at least the ones I read. The Action Comics tie-in might actually be my favorite post-New 52 Superman story since Morrison left AC.

That Danger & Warlock scene in All-New X-Factor is the kind of scene that makes me want to give up on trying to become a writer. I will never be able to touch such brilliance.

Original Sin... Maybe there's hope after all if this can actually get printed on paper and sold for money. :ohhh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Said it in the next to last post I made.

Tom Taylor seriously gives no fukks.

He be trying to either make you cry or give you a stroke every damn issue.

It really is a testament to what a writer can do with established properties and no executive.editorial meddling.

Imagine if 6 years ago they would have given hickman the entire Marvel U to play with like "do what you want. We're rebooting in 2014 anyway."

I hope the series gets collected in a complete edition. I'd cop to add to my collection.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Said it in the next to last post I made.

Tom Taylor seriously gives no fukks.

He be trying to either make you cry or give you a stroke every damn issue.

It really is a testament to what a writer can do with established properties and no executive.editorial meddling.

Imagine if 6 years ago they would have given hickman the entire Marvel U to play with like "do what you want. We're rebooting in 2014 anyway."

Tom Taylor is a damn good writer that makes me go :ohhh: every issue of Injustice and in Earth 2.

People need to realize that DC ain't simplistic chump material.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Any of yall read East of West or Saga?

I dip into cape books from time to time but yall are on a whole nother level with that shyt

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Any of yall read East of West or Saga?

I dip into cape books from time to time but yall are on a whole nother level with that shyt

Those are the two best Sci-fi comics out right now. East Of West for its pure density in the story/world building and Saga because that is that BKV excellence.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Original Sin ended up being as big of a shytty waste of time ass I thought it would be.

Justice League was great. Lex Luthor and The Chief going back and forth was great.

Nailbiter and Southern b*stards continue to be really great reads.

The Futures End tie-ins have been good for the most part and I am liking some of the explanations for why certain characters are not as involved in this event as you would expect.

UNcanny X-Men was ass. They spent all this time on this fukking brand new omega level mutant that I have no interest in while ignoring the one thing that is interesting about Xavier's will...namely that he is married to Mystique. I suspect Bendis hasn't figured out how or why Xavier would knowingly marry Mystique but he thought it would be cool to just throw out there.

I want Euroforce to take over as the focus of the Avengers World book. Those characters are so much more fun and interesting than the Avengers are in that book.