Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Atlantis didn't have any edge that's why they lost. BP argued for peace because he didn't want to see anymore Wakandans die in that.

I think Namor made the right decision by blowing up the Great Societies earth but I'm not going to ignore this
1407519750776.jpg

You think Namor's claim was just hubris? Or that Wakanda would have won without a sneak attack?

And I fully agree, Namor was in straight "I don't give a fukk mode" right there, but that is what makes him a great KING/RULER and not a HERO. Heroes don't make great kings. T'Challa wasn't willing to do anything he had to do to ensure the safety and survival of his people, Namor was.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
You think Namor's claim was just hubris? Or that Wakanda would have won without a sneak attack?

And I fully agree, Namor was in straight "I don't give a fukk mode" right there, but that is what makes him a great KING/RULER and not a HERO. Heroes don't make great kings. T'Challa wasn't willing to do anything he had to do to ensure the safety and survival of his people, Namor was.

I just reread infinity wakanda got fukkED up. LoL.... No wonder Namor caught the losing end of that fade. Black Panther's gauntlet's ws the takeover... Naor's revelation... was ETHER.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I just reread infinity wakanda got fukkED up. LoL.... No wonder Namor caught the losing end of that fade. Black Panther's gauntlet's ws the takeover... Naor's revelation... was ETHER.

LOL, I feel you.

And straight up man, what Namor did was grimey, but was it really any dirtier than what T'Challa did to him and Atlantis with that sneak attack after Namor was TRYING to broker peace?

As far as I'm concerned, that was T'Challa just letting Namor know there are levels to this shyt, so then Namor anted up.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Grayson #2 was pretty good. I think I might actually end up enjoying dikk Grayson, Secret Agent far more than I thought I would.
And I can't wait for him and Midnighter to clash.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I have a feeling Steel will be boning Lana Lang soon. They've been getting mighty close in Superman Doomed

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
That was some subpar art work on New Avengers.
And for all of the confused folks this issue should clear up that they had never destroyed an inhabited Earth before.
Which goes back to my statement that Cap was right...
fBJQTkX.gif

And he owes member of the Illuminati a swift kick in the ass for trying to act like he was some kind of p*ssy for not wanting to kill whole planets when they all bytched out like a bunch of punks.
And Namor's parting shot was awesome as fukk. I have always enjoyed the more dikkish aspect of the character.

Oh and Earth 2 was great as usual except Black Superman is going to have to get over that pacifist shyt. But the big Evil Superman reveal was tight as fukk.

And Darkseid is getting his own Four Horsemen! They will be showing up in the new weekly series Earth 2: World's End.

gVyrp5k.jpg
Nah, fukk Cap. They didn't mindwipe him and kick him out just because he didn't want to kill inhabited planets, it was because he wouldn't even entertain the idea, and indicated he would do everything in his power to stop them if they tried. They were on the fence about, and Cap was all barking and being hardline about it. He would've called the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and whoever else on them if they didn't take planet-killing off the table. So they sonned him.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I'm conflicted on Infinity Revelation. The story itself was good and it had that crazy Starlin vibe only he could come up with, but I thought it was kinda cheap how he was low-key shytting on other writers using the character, and he completely jobbed the Annihilators in favor of Thanos looking cool.

DC-Comics-1.jpg

:flabbynsick:
Yeah, didn't like the jobbing the Annihilators did. Also, how did Warlock take down the Surfer that easy? Surfer can go toe-to-toe with Thanos.

I respect the hell out of Starlin's work and legacy, but I don't know if bringing him back to the cosmic scene now is a good idea. He's still good, but the landscape has moved in a different direction. It seems like he's bringing it back to his themes: Thanos and Warlock being the center of all the cosmic going-ons, and a lot of Infinity, Eternity, and the Living Tribunal.

It seems like he was acknowledging the work of DnA and Giffen, but still kinda dissing it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah, fukk Cap. They didn't mindwipe him and kick him out just because he didn't want to kill inhabited planets, it was because he wouldn't even entertain the idea, and indicated he would do everything in his power to stop them if they tried. They were on the fence about, and Cap was all barking and being hardline about it. He would've called the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and whoever else on them if they didn't take planet-killing off the table. So they sonned him.
And then the first time they have to destroy a planet they all turn into a bunch of crying bytches.
They need to mindwipe themselves and just let Namor create his own group of Illuminati with Dr. Doom and Magneto and whoever else isn't a hypocritical ho.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
And then the first time they have to destroy a planet they all turn into a bunch of crying bytches.
They need to mindwipe themselves and just let Namor create his own group of Illuminati with Dr. Doom and Magneto and whoever else isn't a hypocritical ho.

That was my problem with it. Its inconsistent with how they have been portrayed the entire run. They already blew up a planet outside of Castle Doom, first of all, and I didn't see any tears or bytch nikka tendencies then. Strange trying to sell his soul off, , BP killing half of Atlantis, Black Bolt dropping Attilan in the middle of NYC and letting the Terrigen Mists out, etc.

These cats BEEN on that grimey shyt, how is taking one step deeper now the line crossing? These guys just felt bad because they actually had to look the people they were killing in the face (Great Society).

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The first earth they destroyed was empty, this earth was inhabited there is a huge difference between the two.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
That was my problem with it. Its inconsistent with how they have been portrayed the entire run. They already blew up a planet outside of Castle Doom, first of all, and I didn't see any tears or bytch nikka tendencies then. Strange trying to sell his soul off, , BP killing half of Atlantis, Black Bolt dropping Attilan in the middle of NYC and letting the Terrigen Mists out, etc.

These cats BEEN on that grimey shyt, how is taking one step deeper now the line crossing? These guys just felt bad because they actually had to look the people they were killing in the face (Great Society).

Once again, the planet they killed outside of Castle Doom was uninhabited.

No, they are not hypocrites. Once again, their beef with Cap was that he wasn't even willing to consider destroying planets, and indicated he would do what he could in his power to stop and expose them. They're logical, analytical men and wanted to keep all options on the the table. They never stated that they were comfortable doing, or would do it.