Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I just read it... and no we're getting PLENTY of Thanos in the next few months. They are really riding with him heavy.

I meant Warlock, not Thanos. Starlin was gonna go some new shyt called the Infinity Duel, but Marvel said no because they don't want Warlock used in comics cause they have something planned for him in the films. :mindblown: :beli:

What do they have planned for Thanos? I know about the next ish of GOTG.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm conflicted on Infinity Revelation. The story itself was good and it had that crazy Starlin vibe only he could come up with, but I thought it was kinda cheap how he was low-key shytting on other writers using the character, and he completely jobbed the Annihilators in favor of Thanos looking cool.

DC-Comics-1.jpg

:flabbynsick:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That was some subpar art work on New Avengers.
And for all of the confused folks this issue should clear up that they had never destroyed an inhabited Earth before.
Which goes back to my statement that Cap was right...
fBJQTkX.gif

And he owes member of the Illuminati a swift kick in the ass for trying to act like he was some kind of p*ssy for not wanting to kill whole planets when they all bytched out like a bunch of punks.
And Namor's parting shot was awesome as fukk. I have always enjoyed the more dikkish aspect of the character.

Oh and Earth 2 was great as usual except Black Superman is going to have to get over that pacifist shyt. But the big Evil Superman reveal was tight as fukk.

And Darkseid is getting his own Four Horsemen! They will be showing up in the new weekly series Earth 2: World's End.

gVyrp5k.jpg

The Earth they destroyed outside of castle doom had mapmakers coming down, it may have had life

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Earth they destroyed outside of castle doom had mapmakers coming down, it may have had life
I don't think so...didn't the Map Makers wipe everyone out on that planet already?
They shouldn't have all turned into a bunch of ho ass punks if they had used the machine to destroy an inhabited Earth already.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I don't think so...didn't the Map Makers wipe everyone out on that planet already?
They shouldn't have all turned into a bunch of ho ass punks if they had used the machine to destroy an inhabited Earth already.

That's what kind of irked me about the whole situation. They have blown up AT LEAST one earth themselves, the let one get consumed by Galactus, they been making mental and physical strides towards this path the entire run. For them ALL to bytch up at the last second, AFTER killing the Great Society, just seemed off to me.

I understand the difference of talking about it and actually being about it, but for them to all spazz out at Namor when they are ALL guilty of death on some level and have been working towards this the entire run just came off really bad and made them seem unwilling to take responsibility for everything they've already done.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
I meant Warlock, not Thanos. Starlin was gonna go some new shyt called the Infinity Duel, but Marvel said no because they don't want Warlock used in comics cause they have something planned for him in the films. :mindblown: :beli:

What do they have planned for Thanos? I know about the next ish of GOTG.

Thanos will be riding with namor in New Avengers later this year.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
That's what kind of irked me about the whole situation. They have blown up AT LEAST one earth themselves, the let one get consumed by Galactus, they been making mental and physical strides towards this path the entire run. For them ALL to bytch up at the last second, AFTER killing the Great Society, just seemed off to me.

I understand the difference of talking about it and actually being about it, but for them to all spazz out at Namor when they are ALL guilty of death on some level and have been working towards this the entire run just came off really bad and made them seem unwilling to take responsibility for everything they've already done.

I think the heroes are supposed to be hypocritical in this storyline. All I know is one thing... namor needs to fight T'challa and he needs a straight up fade a full issue. Not this bullshyt lemme go shyt. Wtf hulk look like holding nikkas back?? COme on God.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I think the heroes are supposed to be hypocritical in this storyline. All I know is one thing... namor needs to fight T'challa and he needs a straight up fade a full issue. Not this bullshyt lemme go shyt. Wtf hulk look like holding nikkas back?? COme on God.

Namor is a better king and ruler than T'Challa.

When there was a choice to broker peace or go to war and cause deaths, Namor chose the peaceful route and offered it to T'Challa and all T'Challa had to do was humble himself a bit and lives and kingdoms would be spared. T'Challa instead chose war, sneak attacked Namor's people KILLING them all and it resulted in both of them losing their kingdoms.

When there was no choice between peace or go to war and cause deaths, T'Challa cried, whimpered and felt guilty because he had to actually look who he was killing in the eyes. Namor accepted his lack of options and made the only viable choice he could and never complained about it.

T'Challa will have to do a lot to re-earn my respect for him...

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I like Black Panther as much as the next guy but him going head up with Namor on some mano y mano shyt is ridiculous fan wank and Hickman is showing his favoritism. When the confrontation happens it should be in a controlled scenario where BP has stacked the deck against Namor. Namely they need to go full Batman and have BP use the dreaded ultimate power of "Prep Time" to take Namor out.
This issue of NA with Panther losing his temperand trying to beat up Namore should have ended in Namor opening up an ungodly can of whoop ass on him and then dropping the ether about how he doesn't give a fukk about Wakanda before flying away.
Marvel has been moving Namor away from that weight class for years now. Within the last two years he has lost fights with Luke Cage (in water lol), SpOck, robot Wakandan people etc

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

When there was a choice to broker peace or go to war and cause deaths, Namor chose the peaceful route and offered it to T'Challa and all T'Challa had to do was humble himself a bit and lives and kingdoms would be spared. T'Challa instead chose war, sneak attacked Namor's people KILLING them all and it resulted in both of them losing their kingdoms.

When there was no choice between peace or go to war and cause deaths, T'Challa cried, whimpered and felt guilty because he had to actually look who he was killing in the eyes. Namor accepted his lack of options and made the only viable choice he could and never complained about it.

What issues were you reading?
newavengersv3007-0246gi9a.jpg

From the beginning of New Avengers he said his problem was with Namor and not the Atlantean people. Namor is the terrible king here for actually starting this.

Murdering innocent people is obviously not a problem for Namor like it was for any of the other members of the Illuminati. He has been characterized like Hitler in this book its not appealing to me.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

They've been making T'calla take L's for the last 4 years. :mjpls: His product got took, got invaded, lost his throne, lauce his hoe, lauce his cafe in NYC, got invaded again, repeated Namor sonnings, got invaded again. Did i miss any?

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
They've been making T'calla take L's for the last 4 years. :mjpls: His product got took, got invaded, lost his throne, lauce his hoe, lauce his cafe in NYC, got invaded again, repeated Namor sonnings, got invaded again. Did i miss any?

He finally fought namor and won after being besties with him for a year straight.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
What issues were you reading?
newavengersv3007-0246gi9a.jpg

From the beginning of New Avengers he said his problem was with Namor and not the Atlantean people. Namor is the terrible king here for actually starting this.

Murdering innocent people is obviously not a problem for Namor like it was for any of the other members of the Illuminati. He has been characterized like Hitler in this book its not appealing to me.

Don't have scans of it... yet, but are you ignoring Namor and T'Challa's confrontation before Wakanda's sneak attack on Atlantis and Infinity?

The WHOLE reason T'Challa is even arguing for peace here is that he Namor was upfront with him about having the edge in a straight forward battle and he TOLD T'Challa this. It was actually one of the few moments of humbleness Namor has shown this entire series, because he had the edge there and he didn't take advantage and he requested T'Challa to broker peace instead of more unneeded violence.

That of course went out the window after Wakanda killed and ravaged his people, but Namor did make a sincere effort towards a truce.

And to Namor, its not about innocent people, because NONE of them are innocent, its about practicality. If Namor didn't blow up the Great Society's planet, then BOTH of their universes would die, negating everything both sides did until that point. Its not an easy or even good choice, but Namor's choice was practical and it saved the most lives and killed the least amount of people.

I respect Cap and Sun God's stance in having faith and believing in a better way, but that's a goal, not a solution. Right now, these guys need solutions and I'm not gonna knock a hard choice if I don't have a better one.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Don't have scans of it... yet, but are you ignoring Namor and T'Challa's confrontation before Wakanda's sneak attack on Atlantis and Infinity?

The WHOLE reason T'Challa is even arguing for peace here is that he Namor was upfront with him about having the edge in a straight forward battle and he TOLD T'Challa this. It was actually one of the few moments of humbleness Namor has shown this entire series, because he had the edge there and he didn't take advantage and he requested T'Challa to broker peace instead of more unneeded violence.

That of course went out the window after Wakanda killed and ravaged his people, but Namor did make a sincere effort towards a truce.

And to Namor, its not about innocent people, because NONE of them are innocent, its about practicality. If Namor didn't blow up the Great Society's planet, then BOTH of their universes would die, negating everything both sides did until that point. Its not an easy or even good choice, but Namor's choice was practical and it saved the most lives and killed the least amount of people.

I respect Cap and Sun God's stance in having faith and believing in a better way, but that's a goal, not a solution. Right now, these guys need solutions and I'm not gonna knock a hard choice if I don't have a better one.
Atlantis didn't have any edge that's why they lost. BP argued for peace because he didn't want to see anymore Wakandans die in that.

I think Namor made the right decision by blowing up the Great Societies earth but I'm not going to ignore this
1407519750776.jpg