Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I enjoyed all of the Batman books this week even Batman Eternal.
That scene at the end of Batman where Alfred envisioned the normal future for Bruce Wayne was some sad shyt.

All of the X-Men books suck but Wolverine and the X-Men is pure dog shyt.

Storm was :beli:; I am a fan of Pak's writing and the art was decent but the first issue was so blah.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
That scene at the end of Batman where Alfred envisioned the normal future for Bruce Wayne was some sad shyt.

Storm was :beli:; I am a fan of Pak's writing and the art was decent but the first issue was so blah.

Pak is on x-men?

going to give it read

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
The X-men franchise is complete utter garbage and has been for years. I'm sorry but this is not the franchise I grew up on. The stories are uneventful and unimaginative and I won't even talk about the lame ass villains. The X line has pretty much been trash since M day occurred. That storyline killed the line because it shoehorned the franchise into a corner that was hard to maneuver out of.

The best X-Men stories haven't even taken place in the main titles. Uncanny X-Force with the Apocalypse Solution and the Dark Angel Saga and Magneto's curret solo title, is light years better than anything Uncanny or adjective less X-Men has produced in a loooonnng time. Hell Peter David's X-Factor was the best X-book going for years and they pretty much ignored what was going on in the MU.

The fact that everyone hates cyclops is the STUPIDEST plot going right now. He gets demonized for killing Xavier while possessed by a cosmic entity but Scarlett Witch nearly wiped out the entire species and no one bats an eye(except for Rogue) while she runs around again with the Avengers? She gets a passed because she was manipulated/possessed but Scott is a criminal. Phoenix Jean destroyed a planet yet the X-Men had no qualms accepting her back with in their ranks.

Schism was incredibly retarded. Wolverine of all people gets offended because Cyclops is training young mutants to defend themselves?!? Did he sleep through the the killing of all the students?? How many times has the school been attacked? Utopia was on the verge of being attacked again by a killer Sentinel. Those who chose to fight did just that. They CHOSE.

The line is directionless. Meandering from one storyline to the next. It needs to be reorganized and given a central theme ala Avengers was given. Then you can branch off on other titles who follow that central theme but from different perspectives. Hire some writers who want to tell X-men stories not stories using X-men characters. [/rant]

To be honest I think you will see a change in x-men when writers who grew up with x-men in the 90's (all us 80's babies who are now prob just breaking into comics) become in charge. Just like you saw a shift in the avengers and spiderman when those writers who born in the 60's and 70's came on the scene and took over comics.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

you really can't do much with Storm as a solo character this just proves it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah..Storm #1 was decent. Any real fans of Storm will recognize it as a Storm throwback to Claremont's greatness.
If Marvel were to ever give Claremont another shot at the X-Men I think writing a Storm solo book would have been the best fit for him.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daredevil was very good.

Amazing Spider-Man was good so was Aquaman and Flash.

Batman Eternal?? Where is this going and what's up with the supernatural direction? I'm not sure I'm liking this.

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Claremont was at the Phoenix Comic Con signing shyt for 5 bucks and there was no fukking line. In between panels when my friend was bored he would just find something else to buy for Claremont to sign.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Caught up with Jason Aaron Thor, and I am so glad that this is the first Thor solo book I've ever read.
Also the new Loki book is great too....despite the suspect covers.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I hate that Marvel are relaunching Mighty Avengers and retitling it Captain America and the Mighty Avengers like Falcon wasn't the second worst person on the team.

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I that Marvel are relaunching Mighty Avengers and retitling it Captain America and the Mighty Avengers like Falcon wasn't the second worst person on the team.
After the Cap movie, Marvel has to promote Falcon....cant blame them:yeshrug:

I haven't read Mighty Avengers yet though, but I want too.....if it wasn't for Greg Land