Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Thor-Design_View.jpg

3475282-7963003790-Brunn.jpg

at first i was thinking the female thor was either angela or one of thor's granddaughters traveling back in time from the future. the more i look at her though the more familiar she seems. like she's actually been in the 616 for a long time. i'm 75/25 sure it's Valkyrie since they was pushing her hard last year.

....or maybe it's jane she's been getting cozy with the all mother :lupe:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I got the :beli:face at all three of Marvel's big announcements.
Don't give a fukk about a woman Thor and all the announcement has done is annoyed me that all of a sudden Thor is a title instead of the character's name.
FalCap is stupid because we just got the OG Cap back and they are already going back to the replacement well again?
And Apple Store Iron Man with a bad attitude is just stupid. Stark has been an annoying, egotistical borderline villain since Civil War. What is new about him that makes Superior Iron Man any worse than the guy who hunted his fellow heroes and created a robot that killed the black Giant Man?

Plus all of this shyt will get reversed by May 1, 2015 anyway.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Don't give a fukk about a woman Thor and all the announcement has done is annoyed me that all of a sudden Thor is a title instead of the character's name.
FalCap is stupid because we just got the OG Cap back and they are already going back to the replacement well again?
And Apple Store Iron Man with a bad attitude is just stupid. Stark has been an annoying, egotistical borderline villain since Civil War. What is new about him that makes Superior Iron Man any worse than the guy who hunted his fellow heroes and created a robot that killed the black Giant Man?

I'm tired of unlikable Tony Stark, and if Thor is just a title then who the hell is Thor.........Donald Blake? I agree with all of what you just said

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

:patrice: i don't know breh i don't think thor has ever been a title(unless you're talking the times when a human has had thor inside them). every incarnation of marvel's thor has been the odinson or thor residing in a human. the only i can think of that wasn't a host to the odinson was thor 2099. this female thor sounds completely different imo because the information we've been given is saying thor is still there and unworthy of his hammer. i agree with everything else though ironman has been a dikk for going on a decade now and falcap is pretty :manny:

edit:

actually i think you might be right about thor being a title. thunderstrike actually separated from thor once and assumed the role of "thor".

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Trying to get back into reading comics more, definitely picking up Saga Vol 3 in the near future.

Thinking of trying out Rat Queens, Powers, or 100 Bullets. Any thoughts on those series?

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The X-men franchise is complete utter garbage and has been for years. I'm sorry but this is not the franchise I grew up on. The stories are uneventful and unimaginative and I won't even talk about the lame ass villains. The X line has pretty much been trash since M day occurred. That storyline killed the line because it shoehorned the franchise into a corner that was hard to maneuver out of.

The best X-Men stories haven't even taken place in the main titles. Uncanny X-Force with the Apocalypse Solution and the Dark Angel Saga and Magneto's curret solo title, is light years better than anything Uncanny or adjective less X-Men has produced in a loooonnng time. Hell Peter David's X-Factor was the best X-book going for years and they pretty much ignored what was going on in the MU.

The fact that everyone hates cyclops is the STUPIDEST plot going right now. He gets demonized for killing Xavier while possessed by a cosmic entity but Scarlett Witch nearly wiped out the entire species and no one bats an eye(except for Rogue) while she runs around again with the Avengers? She gets a passed because she was manipulated/possessed but Scott is a criminal. Phoenix Jean destroyed a planet yet the X-Men had no qualms accepting her back with in their ranks.

Schism was incredibly retarded. Wolverine of all people gets offended because Cyclops is training young mutants to defend themselves?!? Did he sleep through the the killing of all the students?? How many times has the school been attacked? Utopia was on the verge of being attacked again by a killer Sentinel. Those who chose to fight did just that. They CHOSE.

The line is directionless. Meandering from one storyline to the next. It needs to be reorganized and given a central theme ala Avengers was given. Then you can branch off on other titles who follow that central theme but from different perspectives. Hire some writers who want to tell X-men stories not stories using X-men characters. [/rant]

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
If you are going to write jaded poisonous paragraph's hating on the x-books

Perhaps you should call upon your allies (friends ), plan an accidental experiment with a anti hero (gather creative drugs or at least bud):yeshrug:.

:ohhh:Meet new special people, Survive by not getting arrested, your Imagination goes on a personal adventure. Then maybe go back to try and find some enjoyment in these books you invested so much time in.

Positive piff recommendations I seriously just found out about
1872948-ult_avg_vs_new_ultim_05001.jpg

The%20Wake%20Scott%20Snyder%20issue%201_a.jpg

marvel-infinity-3.jpg

:troll:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The X-men franchise is complete utter garbage and has been for years. I'm sorry but this is not the franchise I grew up on. The stories are uneventful and unimaginative and I won't even talk about the lame ass villains. The X line has pretty much been trash since M day occurred. That storyline killed the line because it shoehorned the franchise into a corner that was hard to maneuver out of.

The best X-Men stories haven't even taken place in the main titles. Uncanny X-Force with the Apocalypse Solution and the Dark Angel Saga and Magneto's curret solo title, is light years better than anything Uncanny or adjective less X-Men has produced in a loooonnng time. Hell Peter David's X-Factor was the best X-book going for years and they pretty much ignored what was going on in the MU.

The fact that everyone hates cyclops is the STUPIDEST plot going right now. He gets demonized for killing Xavier while possessed by a cosmic entity but Scarlett Witch nearly wiped out the entire species and no one bats an eye(except for Rogue) while she runs around again with the Avengers? She gets a passed because she was manipulated/possessed but Scott is a criminal. Phoenix Jean destroyed a planet yet the X-Men had no qualms accepting her back with in their ranks.

Schism was incredibly retarded. Wolverine of all people gets offended because Cyclops is training young mutants to defend themselves?!? Did he sleep through the the killing of all the students?? How many times has the school been attacked? Utopia was on the verge of being attacked again by a killer Sentinel. Those who chose to fight did just that. They CHOSE.

The line is directionless. Meandering from one storyline to the next. It needs to be reorganized and given a central theme ala Avengers was given. Then you can branch off on other titles who follow that central theme but from different perspectives. Hire some writers who want to tell X-men stories not stories using X-men characters. [/rant]
And Bendis has the keys for the foreseeable future. :snoop:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've been saying for the longest they need to stop the X-Men from fighting amongst themselves. Just make an event to rekindle the team, get the band back together, no hard feelings, and finally tell some fun stories again. How do you take a franchise that is built on team dynamics and make sure those dynamics are completely broken for nearly a decade?

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been saying for the longest they need to stop the X-Men from fighting amongst themselves. Just make an event to rekindle the team, get the band back together, no hard feelings, and finally tell some fun stories again. How do you take a franchise that is built on team dynamics and make sure those dynamics are completely broken for nearly a decade?

This is pretty much why the X men line has been trash. This is what made the franchise go. Now they are just a bunch of angry angst filled super powered azzwipes. Do they even do the team baseball game anymore?

tumblr_mop6t3k1B81s62094o5_1280.jpg