Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope somebody throws it all in the trash with the real Nick Fury making and old gray-haired LMD of himself and turning to us, breaking the fourth wall, saying "Mind fukk."

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Action Comics was really boring. I did enjoy the Lana and Steel parts but yeah the issue in whole was boring

Nailbiter might be my favorite Image book now

Lazarus was piff as always

Bendis killed it on Ultimate Spidey this week. lol at miles girl's reaction to him telling her that he's spidey

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Action Comics was really boring. I did enjoy the Lana and Steel parts but yeah the issue in whole was boring

Nailbiter might be my favorite Image book now

Lazarus was piff as always

Bendis killed it on Ultimate Spidey this week. lol at miles girl's reaction to him telling her that he's spidey
I am loving Nailbiter more with each issue.

Southern b*stards is really good too. It is the best thing Jason Aaron has written in years.

I recommend The Woods too, it is a cool book.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
caught up on some comics.

How is original sin so far?

oh and Forever Evil ending was pretty good. How is Lex knowing who batman is going to affect batman? Is Lex Luthor going to be a batman villian now or is he going to try and lure batman to his side against aliens?
Glad they kept Ultraman, Owlman and Superwoman around though.

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A guy goes back home to move stuff out of his old house now that his Uncle's in a nursing home. We see his dad was a badass sheriff that walked around with a big stick like Walking Tall. He just wants to pack up and leave but of course there's an a$$hole running the town and hurting people (like Walking Tall). The guy is old but still kicking ass. He gets drawn in. It sounds bad now that I've typed it out but if you liked Scalped you'll probably like this. Aaron is pretty good with this small town violence stuff.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Green Arrow Comic is Taken Over by Arrow TV Show Writers

Two of the minds behind CW's Arrow TV show will be taking the reins of DC's Green Arrow comic this fall.

BY JESSE SCHEDEEN 3 JUL 2014

Up until last year, Green Arrow had been among DC's more troubled comics in the New 52. But that all changed when writer Jeff Lemire and artistAndrea Sorrentino took over the series with Green Arrow #17 last year. Since then, Green Arrow has consistently numbered among DC's best, delivering a stylish and creative new take on the franchise.

Unfortunately, Lemire and Sorrentino's run on the series is coming to an end, and soon. Today, DC announced via the L.A. Times' Hero Complex that a new creative team will be taking over Green Arrow as of October's issue #35. Lemire and Sorrentino have one issue remaining in their "Longbow Hunters" storyline. Their final issue together will be the September one-shot Futures End: Green Arrow #1, which explores the fate of Oliver Queen five years into the future.

green-arrow35-720x1098.jpg

Green Arrow #35 cover by Garry Brown

Replacing Lemire and Sorrentino are a pair of writers whose names should be familiar to Green Arrow fans by now - Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski. Kreisberg is executive producer on the CW series Arrow, while Sokolowski is one of the show's writers. Both men have worked on various DC comics as well, including the Arrow digital comic that ties into the show. The two writers will be joined by artist Daniel Sampere (Batgirl, Trinity of Sin" Pandora).

The natural assumption is that DC wants to bring the comic more in line with the TV series (having already introduced the John Diggle character into the New 52 last year). And as Sokolowski told Hero Complex, that's true to an extent. "Yes, some of our favorite Arrow characters will feature prominently in the comic. Though they may not necessarily be clones of their TV personas. I think our goal with this comic is to make it an echo of the TV series. It’s a way to bridge the two universes. That being said, we’re not trying to make this 'Arrow: The Comic.' That’s what the digital tie-ins are for."

He continued, "This is more about cross-pollination. How can we incorporate what is working so well for Arrow into the New 52 DCU, while at the same time, keeping what makes the original 2-D Oliver Queen so special? To that end, comic Oliver and TV Oliver have distinct voices and attitudes. We’ll do our best to keep them unique. We really want to bring the old-school Oliver Queen voice back to the character. In other words, the opinionated, liberal Robin Hood-esque hero that has fallen through the cracks a bit, both in the comics and TV models."

Arrow_1_NOT-FINAL-COVER_0-610x906.jpg

Kreisberg elaborated, "I think the version Ben and I are going for now is an amalgamation of the TV version and his comic book persona. As our TV partner, Greg Berlanti, puts it, at his core, Oliver is an optimist. He believes in people. On the TV show, that optimism is buried under years of torture and suffering, but it’s still there. In the comics, he’s been a bit more fun, a bit faster with a quip, so we are trying to add some of that zest for life."

We definitely want to hear your thoughts on this unexpected announcement. Are you disappointed that Lemire and Sorrentino's collaboration is almost done? Are you looking forward to a Green Arrow comic that pulls more from the TV show and the pre-New 52 version of Oliver Queen? Sound off in the comments section below.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...sokolowski-to-take-over-dcs-green-arrow-comic
"