Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I know alot of people hate Uncanny Avengers but I've always maintained my love for this book and this week's issue was another excellent installment. Thor has definitely been getting a huge push during Remender's run. But X fans should be pleased with this issue also.

New Avenger's started to dip in quality but this issue brought it back. Hickman definitely looks like he wants to write the Justice League.. with the Avengers getting that work....If I remember correctly he borrowed heavily from the Thor/Superman fight from Busiek's Avengers/JLA crossover from a few years back.

Uncanny wasn't so bad, some shyyt finally happened.....now where do we go from here.......

How so?

I mean, "Superman" just out powering and beating Hulk was a bit of a shock, but its not out of the question, especially because Hulk isn't really a focus or main character in the title, and "Flash" beating Iron Man was to expected, but Strange beasted on "Dr. Fate" and should/will win the fight for the Illuminati.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How so?

I mean, "Superman" just out powering and beating Hulk was a bit of a shock, but its not out of the question, especially because Hulk isn't really a focus or main character in the title, and "Flash" beating Iron Man was to expected, but Strange beasted on "Dr. Fate" and should/will win the fight for the Illuminati.

98614269516e7bde1ac7e3c67f3ee8e8.jpg

dfe5bcc0122112bc19fc2b3fdd1488cb.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I could have done with deus ex machina in New Avengers. That's one reason why I've never been the biggest Wanda or Doctor Strange fan.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I could have done with deus ex machina in New Avengers. That's one reason why I've never been the biggest Wanda or Doctor Strange fan.

Honestly, this was long overdue. Dr Strange is the most powerful sorcerer on earth, which makes him one of the most powerful beings on earth by default. Yes, that means he veers closely into deus ex machina territory, but I'm glad someone is finally embracing his strength again.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Storm really is one of those characters that shouldn't have a solo book, the preview is making me sleepy

http://www.newsarama.com/21442-storm-1-first-look-blows-away-her-enemies.html

My favorite Kirkman book will forever be Irredeemable Ant-Man

Lol..the top female in Marvel shouldn't have her own book? This should of happened back in 97 or some shyt...everyone knows the X line got carried by Claremont when he backed Magneto, Storm, and Wolverine jumped to popularity.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, this was long overdue. Dr Strange is the most powerful sorcerer on earth, which makes him one of the most powerful beings on earth by default. Yes, that means he veers closely into deus ex machina territory, but I'm glad someone is finally embracing his strength again.

That's the problem with characters like Strange or Wanda being on team books.....they can end most threats by themselves and in one panel but writers have to neuter them to keep the story interesting. But Strange hasn't been this powerful in almost a decade after Bendis weakened him.

Uncanny Avengers was good this week. Kang came off looking excellent.

I'm a huuuuggggggeeee fan of Kang so I'm guessing this is why I love this book so much. :feedme:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Magneto #11 cover....
BrJ_KqSCcAAZB6b.jpg:large

As for the series? The dialogue is real strong....Bunn is doing the best work of his career. It's been awhile since they had Magneto going on all cylinders in this facet. The twist from last issue was so ingenius yet so simple. Something that should of been done long ago.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That's good but Its not really something I find interesting in a team book.
Lol..the top female in Marvel shouldn't have her own book? This should of happened back in 97 or some shyt...everyone knows the X line got carried by Claremont when he backed Magneto, Storm, and Wolverine jumped to popularity.
X-men characters in general shouldn't have solo books IMO and Black Widow is the top female in Marvel lets be real its not the 80's anymore.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Widow is nowhere near the icon status as Storm. .not even close. X men characters were outselling DC comics all of the 90s...Nate Grey 's book used to be top 5 worldwide. Marvel flipped after that Morrison stuff and started backing the Bendis Avengers shyt in 2004.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

Is it really even Deus Ex Machina when it's something they have been building to with Strange? Especially as far as track record goes, it's very par the course for The Docter