Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Fanboys are :whoo::whew::ohlawd: that they didn't off dikk.

What was with Owlman saying something to dikk? I can't really remember what it was, but I can recall it felt like an opening for a future storyline.
dikk got them Fatal Attraction problems...Owlman is all like:
aNl4cmT.gif

Also, is Futures End leading into anything? I don't know if I should continue reading. I enjoyed 52 and thought Countdown was all right, but I'm not sold on FE.
I know that September will be Futures End month where all the titles will be fast forwarding to the Futures End year to give the rundown in detail on what is going on with the characters in the future. And then in October a new weekly series starts called Earth 2: World's End that looks to be leading into the Earth War that is referred to a lot in Future's End.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
on the end to Forever Evil:

Anti Monitor looks like he still remembers Darkseid bytch slapping him at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths. ":whoa: hell nawl I need to eat some more universes!" :russ:

Daredevil with the Saga reference: "Bzzt! Lying Cat says "Lying!"

Original Sin: THESE are your big bads!?

tumblr_lt1x48vmnG1qb80v7_zpsc2694883.gif

fukk outta here, Marvel! :laff:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We’re only three issues into the off-beat and excellent Moon Knight series by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire, but from the looks of August’s solicits issue #6 the series – or the creative team at least – won’t make it past one collected edition.
Dubbed as “the conclusion” of this trio’s run on the book, it would be shorter than expectations fans had for a longer run akin to Hawkeye or Deadpool, but for Ellis it wouldn’t be entirely without precedent. Since Ellis returned to Marvel in 2004, the British writer has only done short stints on books – his longest being twelve issues on Nextwave. His seminal run on Iron Man only lasted six issues but went on to influence Marvel movies to a large degree, and since then he’s only done limited series or short runs redefining flagging titles.

And while Moon Knight is seen as a “coming out” party for Shalvey as a headlining artist, the Irish-born creator has stated repeatedly that if Ellis left the title he would follow to maintain the creative vision they shared for the book.

Speaking to the title itself, it’ll be interesting to see how Marvel follows up on what these creators have done with the first six issues. The first two sold quite well with a below-average second issue drop, so I imagine Marvel already has the wheels turning to find who and how to follow up on the redefined crescent crusader’s new lease on life.

:stopitslime: Dammit, Ellis

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i gotta disagee wit the brehs that hink this....
Forever Evil was worth the wait! Cant wait for the next crisis event.

im not a DC dude & this event actually got me into & lookin up more of their characters, i like some dudes... this endin on top of the way batman came back to gotham :snoop:... lex findin out some shyt that should be obvious by now.... did deathstroke lose his arm & be irrelevant but still get paid... super lex was wack.. all that build up & a wait for nothin epic but owlman up to some fukkery & superwoman baby... all i cared about by the end...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Earth 3 Owlman will cause havoc in the future, mark my words. Imagine him joining the Court of Owls?

Fanboys are :whoo::whew::ohlawd: that they didn't off dikk.

What was with Owlman saying something to dikk? I can't really remember what it was, but I can recall it felt like an opening for a future storyline.

Also, is Futures End leading into anything? I don't know if I should continue reading. I enjoyed 52 and thought Countdown was all right, but I'm not sold on FE.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I want another DC event like right now:feedme:

Forever evil was great, o and wouldn't mind a Lex book right about now either

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Them motherfukkers had a gigantic issue ending splash page revealing the fukking Orb!!! The Orb is one of the lamest villains in all of comics.

I really had been sitting there trying to figure out who was behind this.....

":ohhh: hmmm... two people went to the moon and shot the watecher in the face, took out his eyes. Who's that powerful?. What they doing with those Mindless ones, though?

Is that some dude with a red suit and long white hair? I don't know anybody that looks like that but like... obscure Alpha Flight members. :patrice:

:dwillhuh: what if it's that Magneto clone, Joseph!? It sorta looks like- naah

:ohhh: Wait- is that that dominatrix broad that was on Noh-Varr's nuts? :gladbron: Noh-Varr has white hair! Did Noh-Varr go rogue again? I really CAN see him pulling off killing The Watcher- :krs::krs:Oh shyt what if it's GENIS-VELL!?

Wait that's not hair, it's a fukking sheet with a hole in it. Wtf who woul- :dwillhuh: wtf!? :why::mindblown::dahell::mjlol::russ::russ: WTFFFFFFF!?!?"

And to make it so bad.... his head with the sheet on it and his head without ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE!

But for real.... watch it turn out to be The Hood or someshyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really had been sitting there trying to figure out who was behind this.....

":ohhh: hmmm... two people went to the moon and shot the watecher in the face, took out his eyes. Who's that powerful?. What they doing with those Mindless ones, though?

Is that some dude with a red suit and long white hair? I don't know anybody that looks like that but like... obscure Alpha Flight members. :patrice:

:dwillhuh: what if it's that Magneto clone, Joseph!? It sorta looks like- naah

:ohhh: Wait- is that that dominatrix broad that was on Noh-Varr's nuts? :gladbron: Noh-Varr has white hair! Did Noh-Varr go rogue again? I really CAN see him pulling off killing The Watcher- :krs::krs:Oh shyt what if it's GENIS-VELL!?

Wait that's not hair, it's a fukking sheet with a hole in it. Wtf who woul- :dwillhuh: wtf!? :why::mindblown::dahell::mjlol::russ::russ: WTFFFFFFF!?!?"

And to make it so bad.... his head with the sheet on it and his head without ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE!

But for real.... watch it turn out to be The Hood or someshyt.
The one hole in the sheet was stupid enough but when he pulled it off and had that big ass round eyeball for a head yet with the sheet on his head looked like a normal humans I was done.
Marvel has some serious work to do to get me to not dismiss the rest of this series outright.