Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seems like marvel is going Hollywood.

Marvel been done gone Hollywood.

Just watch, they gonna fukk around and piss of Hickman too.

I'm still shocked they talked Waid into working for them again and actually gave him high profile work.

As much as I like Hickman Waid probably would have been a better fit on Avengers and New Avengers.

DMR

Killa
Daps
Hickman is great at building up plots but when it comes to finish :snoop:

Waid >>>>>

They should give Gillen more work, and why the fukk they moved him away from x-men? :mindblown: and they are giving it to Bendis :why:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
So just finished AVX12.

LOL @ when Nova acts all amazed and stuff when asked to be an Avenger. I mean, this nikka ripped Annihilus's fukking spine out of his throat. He prevented the galaxy from being destroyed multiple fukking times. Him and Star-Lord held off fukking Thanos.

Dumb.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So just finished AVX12.

LOL @ when Nova acts all amazed and stuff when asked to be an Avenger. I mean, this nikka ripped Annihilus's fukking spine out of his throat. He prevented the galaxy from being destroyed multiple fukking times. Him and Star-Lord held off fukking Thanos.

Dumb.

Not to mention they had already offered him Avengers membership in the past.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So just finished AVX12.

Dumb.

Not the same dude; this Nova is entirely different than the Richard Rider original. This new guy is Sam Alexander; he's a creation of writer Jeph Leob.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top 300 Comic Sales from September
ICv2 - Top 300 Comics Actual--September 2012
:snoop: How the superhero comics dominate in the US and most good titles rank 100 and down

Top 300 Graphic Novel/Trades Sales from September
ICv2 - Top 300 Graphic Novels Actual--September 2012

It's as simple as promotion and availability.

Some of the best stuff comes from smaller publishers who cant ship as many books nor promote them.

Even when it comes to the big companies they push the stuff they KNOW will sell hardest.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's as simple as promotion and availability.

Some of the best stuff comes from smaller publishers who cant ship as many books nor promote them.

Even when it comes to the big companies they push the stuff they KNOW will sell hardest.

I know. It's sad, really. Even some long term fans seem scared to venture away from the capes.
I think comic shops can help to sway people away from the norm.

Two local comic shops owned by older (40-50 yrs old) people are heavy with the superhero stuff, but the comic shop near VCU where the hipsters/trendy people are is way more balanced. Not only is it the comic shop near the University more balanced, it is less threatening to someone who is new to comics.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
X-Men Legacy> that Gambit bullshyt in sales..they probably gonna commit suicide over that on CBR. As expected, Batman still selling more than any other DC book and Avengers vs X-Men has been a hit sale wise.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
wanna see how this new avengers going to look with all these leaders forming together

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wanna see how this new avengers going to look with all these leaders forming together

If Panther doesn't shyt on Namor or Iron Man at some point it's a fail in my eyes.

Namor has to pay for what he did to Wakanda and Panther always embarrasses Stark at some point.

I just want to see a return of that quiet cool T'Challa who will style on muthafukkas and act like it's nothing.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
If Panther doesn't shyt on Namor or Iron Man at some point it's a fail in my eyes.

Namor has to pay for what he did to Wakanda and Panther always embarrasses Stark at some point.

I just want to see a return of that quiet cool T'Challa who will style on muthafukkas and act like it's nothing.

He needs to fukk up Namor bad

TheScarsOnSealsFace

Kiss From A Rose
Daps
Top 300 Comic Sales from September
ICv2 - Top 300 Comics Actual--September 2012
:snoop: How the superhero comics dominate in the US and most good titles rank 100 and down

Top 300 Graphic Novel/Trades Sales from September
ICv2 - Top 300 Graphic Novels Actual--September 2012

I did my part. I try to steer people to good non-superhero comics, to damn near no avail. I've only had one taker in my life, but he wasn't much of a comic fan to begin with. Oh well. :manny:

Oh, and I didn't know Aquaman was that popular. :ehh: