Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
New Avengers was aight I just wish hickman would focus more on the 616 illuminati than some alternate team that won't be around in five issues.

Iron Patriot was cool I don't get the hate its getting from these comic review sites

I haven't read spidey yet

Survive #1 by Bendis was dope

Real Heroes by Bryan Hitch reminded me of the Ultimates in a good way

Avengers was great I really like the other Banner

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
If you are not reading Superior Spiderman
a1ZES.gif

Damn that was a good ending. I like the way peter came back. And it looks like the Goblin King is not Norman and that makes me happy.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:dwillhuh: and Marvel never gets into trouble like that?

If they didn't get into trouble when they created Gladiator, a super strong alien called Kallark who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes, they sure as hell won't get into any for creating a homage version of a DC character.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No rogues rebellion love ?,??? My nicca mirror master :to: him and the rouges always have a space in my heart loved the last page of all the rouges even cold and heat wave . Steve Trevor :salute: these two series >>>>>>> forever evil as a time and money waster ...
____ gon ____. Fill in the blanks.

I know a lot of them dudes are still racist today. Frank Miller's crazy neocon ass definitely.

Anybody read that Astonishing X-Men issue a few years back that Warren Ellis wrote where he had Wolverine go into this condescending colonialist narrative about how fukked up Africans are? That irked me a bit and I stopped reading the book after that. It wasn't very good anyway. It was obvious Ellis was just using Wolverine as a ventriloquist dummy for his British cac colonialist mindset ranting.

I wonder about Rick Remender too with that c00ning he has Havok doing. To be fair, he did voice a more realistic counterargument (imo) via Rogue, so at least he's framing a layered debate with his foray into metaphorical politics.

But Havok is his guy he's propping up, so I tend to think he agrees more with that "don't call me ____, I'm just a human, I see no difference, blah, blah, blah" approach, which is a tacit acquiescence to oppression no matter what minority group says it.

Plus, dude just looks racist.

Rick_Remender.jpg

I know that sounds judgmental, but what's the over/under on how many times he's said ******?

I'm not gonna lie though. I did chuckle at "fowl c00n" :lolbron:

Idk why I'm even buying uncanny any more ? Uncanny is :camby: I think I read only for Thor and hiro other than that the team sucks and idk why magneto would revert to being villain magneto and where the hell is cyke. And them . They would never go along with this planet x foolishness that's going on , if you don't want to write stories pertaining to 616 then label this bullhshyt something else cause it's holding. No bearing anymore on real marvel events

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No rogues rebellion love ?,??? My nicca mirror master :to: him and the rouges always have a space in my heart loved the last page of all the rouges even cold and heat wave . Steve Trevor :salute: these two series >>>>>>> forever evil as a time and money waster ...

Idk why I'm even buying uncanny any more ? Uncanny is :camby: I think I read only for Thor and hiro other than that the team sucks and idk why magneto would revert to being villain magneto and where the hell is cyke. And them . They would never go along with this planet x foolishness that's going on , if you don't want to write stories pertaining to 616 then label this bullhshyt something else cause it's holding. No bearing anymore on real marvel events
Uncanny Avengers could have been great if someone besides Remeder was writing it. It is becoming very evident that dude shot his creative load on X-Force and he is just not that good.