Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Reading comic sites you would think Ms Marvel was the next Sandman or something

The book seems like the new Saga to me (Overrated)
Saga can never be overrated...any superlatives that are being said about it are well deserved.

I do agree on Ms Marvel though. It was an OK read but it isn't anything special.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
thats exactly why i like him, ive read action comics, love it... bt right now nothing is touching Batman & Aquaman books...
breh, you aint lying with bout that aquaman. I used to think that nikka was joke like any respectable comic fan should but got damn if they aint made this nikka epic :whew:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, you aint lying with bout that aquaman. I used to think that nikka was joke like any respectable comic fan should but got damn if they aint made this nikka epic :whew:
Woah there aqua man hasn't been a joke for years ... Since like the 90s he's been doing work , bluesuit , one handed , sword of atlantis etc . Morrison handled him well in JLA made him a real member of the big 7

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Spider-Verse-Dell-Otto-Bann-229b7.jpg

Spider-Man Man event starting in November featuring every Spider-Man the event is called Spider-Verse

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
oh forever evil # 7 delayed until may.

I must say this has been a slow boring story and the fact it has gone on several issues and this is as far as we have gotten is some bullshyt.

:wtf: @ Forever Evil delayed till MAY!?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
wonder woman was great. The first's veiny power is.... weird.

I liked DareDevil. It makes me want to go back and read the last run. I DON"T like seeing wack future movie references in EVERY DAMN THING though.

I'm happy to have Gravel back... but I wish Warren Ellis were still writing it. Art's kind of sloppy too. Eh

X-Men.... The Sisterhood is/was heavy as shyt. World class team of team wrecking threats. They got broken apart so easily....

God is Dead went sort of.... left.

Nothing else this week really held my interest.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
oh forever evil # 7 delayed until may.

I must say this has been a slow boring story and the fact it has gone on several issues and this is as far as we have gotten is some bullshyt.
Forever Evil IMO is just like Fear Itself was in Marvel

Upon first glance you're like ok ok let's see where this goes I'm intrigued....then like 3 issues in you're waiting for something to keep you interested, and now by the end it's like whatever just wrap this shyt up.

Morlun going Spider hunting again. :blessed:
Those ass whoopins were :whew:

shyt was like when Gorgon first got ahold of Logan and gave him a proper working

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Beat him across the boroughs and then ate his eye. :wow:
I like that...I like when my fav hero's meet someone new that just beats that ass proper #ATNYCDAI :banderas:

Bane and Bats
Logan and Gorgan
Spidey and Morlun

It's funny cause when they're getting their ass whooped, even they are like :damn:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
hold up, spider-man was giving Morlun the work 2. Let's not bullshyt around and front like spider-man never gave that clown the work, he beat his ass like he stole something.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
John Byrne Describes Marvel's Casual Racism In The Seventies

We're not talking Luke Cage's "Sweet Christmas" exclamations here. But in a discussion on the Byrne Robotics board about offense in comics, starting with the rejection by DC of the previously-approved Swamp Thing #88, John Byrne gave his recollection of Marvel offices back in the day.
I have commented before, on more than one occasion, that some of the current "generation", so eager to take offense at everything and anything, would suffer a severe case of exploding headitis, if they could time travel back to Marvel in the Seventies. Then the thinking was informed almost entirely by the eternally non-PC NATIONAL LAMPOON, and it seemed that no one could ever really be offended by things that were so totally off the wall -- so utterly and deliberately extreme. Some example (and watch these get ME in trouble now!):

? It was the habit in the Office to refer to CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE FALCON as "Captain America and the Fowl c00n".

? Black Goliath was frequently referred to as "The Big Nig".

? One writer expressed his desire to do a Black Goliath story titled "The Jig is Up".

? Another wanted to put the credit names on furniture on the opening splash of an issue he scripted, so the name of a Jewish member of the team could be lettered on a lampshade.

? And, of course, the various examples of "fukk", "shyt", and other such words worked into backgrounds are infamous.

And if there was anyone who didn't think these were "funny", they sure didn't say anything about it at the time!*

:pacspit:@Marvel's so called 'progressive' mentality when they were racists as fukk back in the day.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
John Byrne Describes Marvel's Casual Racism In The Seventies

We're not talking Luke Cage's "Sweet Christmas" exclamations here. But in a discussion on the Byrne Robotics board about offense in comics, starting with the rejection by DC of the previously-approved Swamp Thing #88, John Byrne gave his recollection of Marvel offices back in the day.
I have commented before, on more than one occasion, that some of the current "generation", so eager to take offense at everything and anything, would suffer a severe case of exploding headitis, if they could time travel back to Marvel in the Seventies. Then the thinking was informed almost entirely by the eternally non-PC NATIONAL LAMPOON, and it seemed that no one could ever really be offended by things that were so totally off the wall -- so utterly and deliberately extreme. Some example (and watch these get ME in trouble now!):

? It was the habit in the Office to refer to CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE FALCON as "Captain America and the Fowl c00n".

? Black Goliath was frequently referred to as "The Big Nig".

? One writer expressed his desire to do a Black Goliath story titled "The Jig is Up".

? Another wanted to put the credit names on furniture on the opening splash of an issue he scripted, so the name of a Jewish member of the team could be lettered on a lampshade.

? And, of course, the various examples of "fukk", "shyt", and other such words worked into backgrounds are infamous.

And if there was anyone who didn't think these were "funny", they sure didn't say anything about it at the time!*

:pacspit:@Marvel's so called 'progressive' mentality when they were racists as fukk back in the day.

Yeah, nothing new here.