Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The concept behind Ant-Man's strength increase was actually pretty clever, it just made no sense that Doom of all people was defeaten. Marvel allows too many writers to throw powerful characters under the bus all too often. There was that whole period where they had Galactus take more L's than the Silver Surfer, his herald and undisputed champion of L's.

The concept was clever, I agree.......I actually didn't mind Doom catching that L because it took a character receiving a massive power up to do so it was acceptable.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The concept behind Ant-Man's strength increase was actually pretty clever, it just made no sense that Doom of all people was defeaten. Marvel allows too many writers to throw powerful characters under the bus all too often. There was that whole period where they had Galactus take more L's than the Silver Surfer, his herald and undisputed champion of L's.
Exactly, its clear Doom got jobbed because Scott Lang has a movie coming out

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In Earth 2 the black Kryptonian (Val) said that 4 ships were sent out from Krypton: his, Superman's and Power Girl's we know about. So what happened to the fourth Kryptonian?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm hyped for Johns on Superman but I'm already dreading the John Romita Jr art.
That preview image looked remarkably non-Romita like but I am not looking forward to it either. Dude has really fallen off with his art. Everything s stiff and blocky.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bah. Doom shouldn't really be losing to Avenger characters at all. Power up or not, he has too many contigency plans and power dampners. He's come too far to be stopped by any one earth level threat.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Anybody read that Ms Marvel book?
The art was cool but the writing was not working for me. It was like the writer had to make sure you knew that the lead of the comic was a Muslim and every panel was used to remind you of that fact in the most heavy-handed way possible.

I agree, but the book was alright. I think Marvel is forgetting that Monet is Muslim

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I agree, but the book was alright. I think Marvel is forgetting that Monet is Muslim

In Marvel's defense, I think they forgot about Monet altogether, lol. That's why David could use her freely in X-Factor all those years. The second a bigger writer stepped in and wanted to use the character (Brian Wood on X-Men) they took her away from him.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
In Marvel's defense, I think they forgot about Monet altogether, lol. That's why David could use her freely in X-Factor all those years. The second a bigger writer stepped in and wanted to use the character (Brian Wood on X-Men) they took her away from him.

You think Brian Wood is a bigger writer then Peter David?? Why what has he done on the level of Peter David?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You think Brian Wood is a bigger writer then Peter David?? Why what has he done on the level of Peter David?

In terms of Marvel corporate hierarchy, he is. Wood was brought in specifically to write that X-Men book so Marvel gave him the keys to the kingdom. It's similar to how he brought Polaris and Havoc into X-Factor only to be forced to write him out of the story because Remender wanted the character for Uncanny Avengers. Marvel editorial has fukked with David's X-Factor so much there was a time where I genuinely believed they did it on purpose.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
As a guy who doesn't read Marvel I have a question, during AvX the avengers had so many members including Luke cake. After AvX they had marvel now which reset some books, avengers was reset to #1 and had captain America recruiting members. If AvX is canon how did they explain the new avengers team? Did captain America just kick everyone out and start new?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
As a guy who doesn't read Marvel I have a question, during AvX the avengers had so many members including Luke cake. After AvX they had marvel now which reset some books, avengers was reset to #1 and had captain America recruiting members. If AvX is canon how did they explain the new avengers team? Did captain America just kick everyone out and start new?
Pretty much, he recruited new and old members in Avengers #1