Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
yeah, I've read it. The mystery/new take was handled well enough. What's your take on it?

Soooooooooooo......

who do you think Earth 2 Batman is?

That little blurb about Earth 2 Annual #2 had me scrambling to see if I had the issue. lol

I don't want to say it's Thomas Wayne, cause that would be too..... predictable, even though he has the outfit, the build and has no problem busting his guns.

I wanna say it's Jason Todd on Venom.

the reply I was about to type made me realize just how close Bane's Venom is to Rex Tyler/Hourman's Miraclo formula.

I was incredibly close.

I'm just mad that I was wrong about them using Thomas Wayne. lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked that they used Thomas Wayne and made him into a bit of a dikk too so it basically was his fault that Martha Wayne got killed. And having Bruce Wayne find out his dad wasn't worth shyt was a nice touch too.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Goddamn. I feel like a lame asking this, but as the dude is the one who really brought me back into comics, I have to ask....

Is Richard Rider still dead? He's gone for good, isn't he? :to:

I mean, how the fukk did Star-Lord get back and he dont even got any powers? Thanos back too? This shyt aint right, man...

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Goddamn. I feel like a lame asking this, but as the dude is the one who really brought me back into comics, I have to ask....

Is Richard Rider still dead? He's gone for good, isn't he? :to:

I mean, how the fukk did Star-Lord get back and he dont even got any powers? Thanos back too? This shyt aint right, man...
He is, blame that fukk boi Jeph Loeb :pacspit:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
He is, blame that fukk boi Jeph Loeb :pacspit:
Damn. So its really been confirmed? fukk. I'm actually somewhat legitimately upset. Nova vol 3 is probably my favorite comic book ever. Put me on to the Guardians and my nikka Gladiator and all that dope galactic shyt. That's messed up. I read 3 issues of that new Nova and it was aite, but Rider was my dude. Same with the new GOTG and blonde Starlord. Like...shyt wasn't that good. I dunno. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, waxing poetic about old shyt. But Richard Rider was seriously that fukking dude as Nova and he went through some shyt.

I swear if somehow I had a billion dollars, I would be like YO MARVEL. I WILL FUND THIS shyt COMPLETELY IF YOU LET ME PICK THE CAST, WRITER, AND DIRECTOR.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The GotG relaunch with Bendis has bored me to tears. It just seems so pointless......nothings happening... After the trial of Jean Grey I'm dropping that shyt. Nova hasn't been bad but it hasn't been great either. I wouldn't care if it got canned. Did they really cancel the DnA books for this horseshyt?!?!?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The worst is that GotG is almost doing double sale numbers because of Bendis. DnA's run was consistently struggling to hit 30,000 whereas this run is hitting close to 50-60,000.

But what's even worse is that I just found out that Origin II was actually the bestseller of December. Who the fukk bought that crap?