Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
As a long time X-Men reader and a moderately long Avengers reader, yes its definitely one of the most entertaining. Off the top, I'd probably put it in the top 5 coming from Marvel right now and I buy like 20 something books from them each month. I LOVE New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man has been good since it started but outside of that, what else is better than UA?

Aside from Hawkeye, nothing. That pretty much rounds out Marvel's current Top 5.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Aside from Hawkeye, nothing. That pretty much rounds out Marvel's current Top 5.

Thank you. Uncanny Avengers has "almost" justified the clusterfukk AvX turned out to be because its really touching on the mutant/human dynamic from both POVs which hasn't really been done in a fair light ever in Marvel. And its building on the previous X-Force run, which was AMAZING.

And I have all of Hawkeye's title run and haven't even touched any of it yet. If its that good, I guess I need to start it soon

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
New Avengers has been the best of the Avengers books.

I LOVE New Avengers so I understand and I feel Avengers has been hit or miss but those 2 books supplement each other, but if you aren't heavy into the politics New Avengers brings, I completely understand not liking it. I think Uncanny Avengers gives the best blend of both.

But your claim here doesn't really refute mine. New Avengers being the best book doesn't mean Uncanny Avengers isn't in the top 5. If UA isn't in your top 5, what else is there?

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you. Uncanny Avengers has "almost" justified the clusterfukk AvX turned out to be because its really touching on the mutant/human dynamic from both POVs which hasn't really been done in a fair light ever in Marvel. And its building on the previous X-Force run, which was AMAZING.

And I have all of Hawkeye's title run and haven't even touched any of it yet. If its that good, I guess I need to start it soon
Start on that Hawkeye whenever you got time. shyt is great. Sounds like I need to read Uncanny Avengers. I was turned off early on but loved Remender's X-Force run.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Start on that Hawkeye whenever you got time. shyt is great. Sounds like I need to read Uncanny Avengers. I was turned off early on but loved Remender's X-Force run.

Uncanny Avengers picks up almost directly after the Dark Angel saga and it kind of builds on the idea of how you can "never escape your past" and Wolverine's point of how he doesn't want anyone else to have to enter the "underworld" of killing that he's in because it corrupts you for life.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
New, Avengers and Secret

We disagree on Avengers, but I haven't read Secret.

That said, I'm saying Uncanny Avengers is a Top 5 book in Marvel IMO. If you put those 3 as your top, does that mean UA isn't even your top 5?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
We disagree on Avengers, but I haven't read Secret.

That said, I'm saying Uncanny Avengers is a Top 5 book in Marvel IMO. If you put those 3 as your top, does that mean UA isn't even your top 5?
Don't mind me, I probably hate Uncanny Avengers because I dislike the X-Men

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
As a long time X-Men reader and a moderately long Avengers reader, yes its definitely one of the most entertaining. Off the top, I'd probably put it in the top 5 coming from Marvel right now and I buy like 20 something books from them each month. I LOVE New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man has been good since it started but outside of that, what else is better than UA?

Uncanny is decent... but it doesn't have me hungering for the next issue like Superior. I liked remender's Xforce run better. New Avengers and Avenger's are much better read's in my opinion.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I LOVE New Avengers so I understand and I feel Avengers has been hit or miss but those 2 books supplement each other, but if you aren't heavy into the politics New Avengers brings, I completely understand not liking it. I think Uncanny Avengers gives the best blend of both.

But your claim here doesn't really refute mine. New Avengers being the best book doesn't mean Uncanny Avengers isn't in the top 5. If UA isn't in your top 5, what else is there?
I loved Remender's X-Force but UA just feels off. The whole Apocakypse Twin thing got really aimless after awhile, no one on the UA team seems to be acting in previously established character, that initial Red a Skull arc was ass cheeks.
There have been cool moments throughout the series but overall the entire thing gas underwhelmed me.
My 5 favorite Marvel books right now are:

Superior Spider-Man
New Avengers
Daredevil
Mighty Avengers
Avengers

• Dap
Reactions: DMR