Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Marvel announced a She-Hulk ongoing

They basically announced a Dan Slott Silver Surfer book too

nice at she hulk getting her own comic again (even though i did not read her last run)

Silver Surfer is tricky to get right. dude is one of the more powerful beings in the universe so who will he be fighting?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both of the big two companies need to stop hiding behind their big names so much. I don't need to see Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor everywhere.

If they want to have a level of connectivity between their titles just use the government agencies and the occasional 4 part crossover.

And seriously what the fukk is the point of Iron Man being on GOTG? That's gotta be the dumbest shyt I've seen in a minute.

And Fraction on Fantastic Four has been a complete and utter failure.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Both of the big two companies need to stop hiding behind their big names so much. I don't need to see Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor everywhere.

If they want to have a level of connectivity between their titles just use the government agencies and the occasional 4 part crossover.

And seriously what the fukk is the point of Iron Man being on GOTG? That's gotta be the dumbest shyt I've seen in a minute.

And Fraction on Fantastic Four has been a complete and utter failure.

i agree. spiderman got 4 books no need to be on 5 different teams as well. I can not speak on GOTG but i guess it was just iron man's turn to be in space. :manny:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree. spiderman got 4 books no need to be on 5 different teams as well. I can not speak on GOTG but i guess it was just iron man's turn to be in space. :manny:

And you know what I wouldn't be so fukking against Iron Man being in space if it wasn't so fukking transparent why they did it (Attempt to boost sales) and he was heavily featured in two other books that take place on earth.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Is anyone reading Ninja Turtles? Some crazy ish is going down in this City Fall arc....it's actually quite good. It's been hard for me finding issues monthly though. I also picked up the latest issue of Peanuts for some good ol Chuck Brown.

I'm not sure if I want to keep getting New Avengers & Avengers for the Infinity tie-ins

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
it just hit me that all of this apocalypse/time travel stuff in Uncanny Avengers is Remender ramping up the overarching story from his Uncanny X-Force. I loved it there, and now that the walk (art) is matching the talk (the talk), I'm loving it here.

meanwhile.....

if I get my hands on this, you guys may never see me on this board again.

I dropped Uncanny Avengers after like issue 3-4. Literally, nothing was happening but Rogue & Scarlet Witch arguing or whatever...and Red Skull doing something.... But Banshee is back, so I think I'll probably try to start it back up again. My question is where are the Final Horsemen? I thought they were supposed to be the last.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Is anyone reading Ninja Turtles? Some crazy ish is going down in this City Fall arc...

I may read up on it this weekend. I"d been planning on it but it kept slipping my mind.

I dropped Uncanny Avengers after like issue 3-4. Literally, nothing was happening but Rogue & Scarlet Witch arguing or whatever...and Red Skull doing something.... But Banshee is back, so I think I'll probably try to start it back up again. My question is where are the Final Horsemen? I thought they were supposed to be the last.

The drummer and the geisha are still around I think...I think. I really wanna say they got.. sacrificed or something.

Damn.... the last 20 years or so of X-Men comics have more or less been about not letting Apocalypse fully wake up.... with other stories sprinkled in dealing with the consequences of it.

DMR

Killa
Daps
For me Uncanny Avengers is meh at best.

That Red Skull storyline was so stupid :mindblown: I lost almost all respect for Remender after this crap.

Im not really feeling Apocalypse Twins too, they are kinda wack as villians. Still WAY better than Skull arc tho.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't wait for Forever Evil #2. Thanks to this week's DC books we know that Owlman wants Nightwing to join the team, and Lex and Black Adam are not liking the take over of the world.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Remember this? Guess they've completed it

AvengersTimeline3.jpg

Where is the rest of Red She-Hulk? I loved that book.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I never got the hype for Remender. His Uncanny X-Force had some nice ideas but he's too much of a one-trick pony. The same goes for Aaron, all his Marvel work except for his current Thor book has been awful, and Thor stretched out that Godkiller story so long it nearly lost me as well.

• Dap
Reactions: DMR

DMR

Killa
Daps
I never got the hype for Remender. His Uncanny X-Force had some nice ideas but he's too much of a one-trick pony. The same goes for Aaron, all his Marvel work except for his current Thor book has been awful, and Thor stretched out that Godkiller story so long it nearly lost me as well.

I agree its hard to belive that the same Aaron that wrote Scalped is writing mediocre shyt like Wolverine and the X-Men. His Thor story was really good tho.

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You thought the Wolverine: Mystique story was awful?

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Thor arc actually did lose me. Scalped is almost required reading though. I haven't read too much of his X-Men - it didn't grab me. But I thought Wolverine was fun at times.