Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Last week of villains month and my store was sold out of 2 of the 3 books I wanted to buy. No Justice League/Secret Society, or Aquaman/Ocean Master. Only got to read JLA/Black Adam. @R=G :myman:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
any one read uncanny avengers?

I like the way they are using wanda's guilt to fuel the story with her helping the apocalypse twins. Although i am kind of confused about her powers? I thought she had the power to manipulate probability but now it is magic? :manny:
anyway they need to get captian america out off this book because it not allowing Havok to shine and i will like to see him deal with the problems of being one of the only mutants who seems to still believes in Prof x dream even when his brother abounded it. (shyt even though wolverine kept the school open he pretty much is just wants to isolate the mutants and give them a place where they won't be killed)
Although i think Wanda would have made for a better and more interesting leader of this team but Decemation and house of M fukked her up for life.

I did enjoy the apocalypse twins outsmarting Kang. But it has been a year now and not much has happened in this book expect now the red skull is the most powerful telapath in the world. I am sorry but with how manipulative the red skull is that should have been a marvel event but :manny:

Also I read Avengers # 20 and I think Captain America needs to change his name ( fat chance now but still). How is the symbol of america saving the unverise and giving orders to aliens. At least when he goes off world he should go by his nomad name.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
the art in uncanny was on some kinda.... :patrice: maybe I just need to get out the damn house. Yeah, Kang got sonned. Now that the art is on some sexy shyt, I'm very much enjoying the book. They severely need to get Jan out of her 1967 costume, though. and yes, I do understand the need to keep their current cash cows in as many books as possible. But Cap's really not needed here. Immortus helped Cap because Kang got sonned? It was good to see Days of Future's Past be referenced.

Speaking of Kang/Immortus, Doom was verbally smacking the shyt out of folks over in FF. It was also cool to see a literal redrawing of an issue of Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (deluxe edition) being used as a reference... IN the comic. Cool lil piece of metafiction right there. We were just discussing our love for these very books in this very thread just a week ago. I started to dig out my copy of that very book and post a picture of it. Then I thought... how much of a geeky ass nerd am I, really? :snoop: It never crossed my mind, either, how Marvel really DOES have this thing for attaching "evil" to the color green. lol Changed my whole perspective of every marvel comic I've ever read.

Speaking of punked out Annihilus clones, Infinity is kinda eh... it's just that after being spoiled by DnA's Cosmic run, this space stuff does nothing for me.

:patrice: I guess I'm the only person here enjoying Young Avengers. This issue was great, with the crazyness on page 1 and 2, Loki and Mother playing politics, that.... support group. It was cool to see Ultimate Nullifier and Noh-Varr's whores get some screen time, even though I NEVER liked that dominatrix themed one.

SaGa FINALLY came out.
Saga014-020_zps5f4cfb1e.jpg
:hug::hug::hug:

The Crime Syndicate issue was cool... I just never dug the whole "Let's switch the literal definitions of the words bad and good" thing they've always done with that earth/Those characters. Always seemed forced and corny. Just let them act it out in character. No need for Bizarro World language.

Sex came out too...... I need to reread it, though. lol

East of West.... :blessed:

I couldve sworn I read more today, but.... yep that's all I got right now. :old:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
oh. I read Nova, which kinda felt like a waste. I was really enjoying this book when it first dropped. At least they sorta kinda referenced the cancerverse and dikk Rider (sorry).
It did have a coolish moment.

Thanos: *looks out the window of his ship* :salute:

Corvus: :dwillhuh:Who you waving at, breh?

Thanos: :heh: Nobody really important!

The Watcher: *waving back from the moon* :to:

And read GotG.... despite... well... you know how I feel about Bendis. I'm sure somebody thought it was a cool fight scene, with Iron man being out of place, everybody else being out of character.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
And read GotG.... despite... well... you know how I feel about Bendis. I'm sure somebody thought it was a cool fight scene, with Iron man being out of place, everybody else being out of character.

:deadrose:

Speaking of GotG and Nova, Marvel needs to make a huge calendar that says The Watcher intervening can only be used once every ten years. That specific moment must be clearly defined and approved of five years in advance and every other appearance has to be marked on the calendar, but only three usages of the Watcher are allowed per year. It's the only way we stop the abuse of the character.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:deadrose:

Speaking of GotG and Nova, Marvel needs to make a huge calendar that says The Watcher intervening can only be used once every ten years. That specific moment must be clearly defined and approved of five years in advance and every other appearance has to be marked on the calendar, but only three usages of the Watcher are allowed per year. It's the only way we stop the abuse of the character.

Ha! I was JUST coming back to say this! The Watcher is severely overexposed. Dude makes like 5 appearances a year now.

The last time he should have legitimately showed up, IMHO, was during that whole Phoenix thing. He should ONLY be appearing for Secret Wars II/Infinity Gauntlet type stuff.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Uncanny Avengers was good. Does anyone else think Remender let's the bad guys brutally fukk up the good guys a little TOO much in all his books? Banshee sonic screaming in Cap's face at close range...geez. That should've scrambled his brains like eggs.

Not the biggest Bendis fan, but I like his GOTG.

Battle of the Atom still sucks. :snoop:@it just being an X-version of Age of Ultron.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Battle of the Atom has just gotten tedious. Every issue has just been X-Men bytching at one another and I really don;'t give a fukk about the future X-Men. Plus the art in Wolverine and the X-men was straight ass cheeks.

A+X was the best the book has ever been. That Wonder Man/Beast team-up was long overdue and just reminded me how much the various writers at Marvel fukked up by giving Beat back to the X-Men. He may be an original X-Man but he always fit better in the Avengers and his bromance with Wonder Man was always one of the better friendships in comics.
That Cap/Jubilee team-up was better than I expected it to be too. Its always nice to see Cap written like he is supposed to be and not the overbearing storm trooper that so many of the A-List writers at Marvel write him as.

Until I saw that cover for GOTG I completely forgot that Angela was in the Marvel U. The book sucked though because it focused on Angela too much. No one cares about this trick. They should have spent more time with Star Lord and Thanos.

My favorite Forever Evil books this week were the Ocean Master, Black Adam and Secret Society ones. Ocean Master's disdain for humans is comical and it was cool to see that they made him multi-layered.
Black Adam is that dude. Ever since Johns got hold of him in the old JSA book I have always felt he was like a more aggro version of Doctor Doom. Good to see they are keeping that spirit in this new version.
And the look at life on Earth 3's Gotham City was cool. We got to see which Wayne is under the Olwman cowl, I am even more interested in Evil Alfred, and now we know why the Crime Syndicate didn't just kill Nightwing. Good stuff all around.

I am a bit bored with Uncanny Avengers. it feels like the book has been around forever and nothing happens. We should have gotten to the culmination of the Apocalypse Twins plan months ago. And Remender is shytting the bed with the character interaction between the members of this Avengers team.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it just hit me that all of this apocalypse/time travel stuff in Uncanny Avengers is Remender ramping up the overarching story from his Uncanny X-Force. I loved it there, and now that the walk (art) is matching the talk (the talk), I'm loving it here.

meanwhile.....

if I get my hands on this, you guys may never see me on this board again.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
^^ watching that vid.... we all have these.... "social outcast" hobbies.... but some people need to get off that overly caffeinated socially awkward personality shyt.

it is a stigma to us all.