Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Just got back from a Matt Fraction book signing at a sex shop :heh:

Book is piff

Guardians of the galaxy is really hit or miss. I like Bendis but I don't think this book is for him, his new issue of Ultimate Spidey was awesome tho

Its hilarious how Marvel are trying to push the likes of Black Widow, Falcon and the Inhumans like anyone really gives a fukk about them

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Book is piff

Guardians of the galaxy is really hit or miss. I like Bendis but I don't think this book is for him, his new issue of Ultimate Spidey was awesome tho

Its hilarious how Marvel are trying to push the likes of Black Widow, Falcon and the Inhumans like anyone really gives a fukk about them

Then thing is the pushes are kind of weak. Like with Falcon, they'll have him appear in comics but he doesn't actually do much. You can count on one hand the number of times Falcon has spoken in Avengers. Black Widow gets the least amount of attention possible. The inhumans pop up occasionally with an event then quickly go back to the yearly guest appearance.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Book is piff

The Inhumans are cool sometimes and i understand the need to push Black Widow because of the lack of female superheros. You are right about Falcon though dudes superpower is to fly and talk to one bird. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Then thing is the pushes are kind of weak. Like with Falcon, they'll have him appear in comics but he doesn't actually do much. You can count on one hand the number of times Falcon has spoken in Avengers. Black Widow gets the least amount of attention possible. The inhumans pop up occasionally with an event then quickly go back to the yearly guest appearance.
Falcon hasn't gotten the comics push yet. He's in the new Avengers animated show, Mighty Avengers and the Avengers. Tom Breevort said on his Tumblr that him and Black Widow are about to get a big push.

Black Widow is a generic ass character they should push Ms Marvel or Spider-Woman instead

The Inhumans are getting an event based around them and an ongoing plus Black Bolt is playing a huge role in Infinity so that's a big ass push

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Inhumans are cool sometimes and i understand the need to push Black Widow because of the lack of female superheros. You are right about Falcon though dudes superpower is to fly and talk to one bird. :camby:

Falcon is a dope character, they just don't use him correctly. People tend to boil him down to "flies and talks to birds". Sam Wilson is a highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Plus he doesn't just talk to one bird, he has the ability to communicate with thousands of birds at once and can see through their eyes. During John's Avengers run they showed he was able to control birds also.

With that said Falcon has no fukking business being in space....nor does Black Widow and Shang Chi for that matter.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish marvel would push Iron Fist

A big budget sc-fi kung fu flick would be Piff in their hands:ohlawd:

They gave Iron Fist a huge push for like 5 or 6 years. shyt just didn't take so they put him back on the shelf. He was in New Avengers stories that put him in the spotlight, he had his ongoing series, and he played roles in big events. During that bullshyt Fear Itself event they flat out let Iron Fist and the immortal weapons take over War Machine's solo book.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Falcon hasn't gotten the comics push yet. He's in the new Avengers animated show, Mighty Avengers and the Avengers. Tom Breevort said on his Tumblr that him and Black Widow are about to get a big push.

Black Widow is a generic ass character they should push Ms Marvel or Spider-Woman instead

The Inhumans are getting an event based around them and an ongoing plus Black Bolt is playing a huge role in Infinity so that's a big ass push

I don't buy that they're going to give Falcon a big push. I remember they said the same shyt about War Machine before cancelling his series and putting him in that bullshyt Iron Man 2.0 book. He was supposed to be the lead of that comic but he rarely appeared and rarely spoke when he did.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I don't buy that they're going to give Falcon a big push. I remember they said the same shyt about War Machine before cancelling his series and putting him in that bullshyt Iron Man 2.0 book. He was supposed to be the lead of that comic but he rarely appeared and rarely spoke when he did.

Yeah, Hickman's 20 man Avengers roaster is ridiculous even Spider-Man doesn't feel needed. Iron Man 2.0 was cool lol

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, Hickman's 20 man Avengers roaster is ridiculous even Spider-Man doesn't feel needed.

It's just not balanced very well. There are some characters that clearly don't need to be there. Like Falcon is supposed to be a part of Cap's unit but is never in situations where Sam could be of any help. It's also suspect as hell that Sam isn't in the War room along with Steve.

Spider-Man has no reason to be involved...Truth be told it'd have been more in character for Otto to have quit by now.

Iron Man 2.0 was cool lol

I hated that comic book SO fukking much. It's not even that it was poorly written or drawn. I just think that if you're gonna have a book called Iron Man 2.0 and have Rhodey's all on the covers and talk about evolving the character, then maybe that character should be in the book as more than just a supporting character.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Falcon is a dope character, they just don't use him correctly. People tend to boil him down to "flies and talks to birds". Sam Wilson is a highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Plus he doesn't just talk to one bird, he has the ability to communicate with thousands of birds at once and can see through their eyes. During John's Avengers run they showed he was able to control birds also.

With that said Falcon has no fukking business being in space....nor does Black Widow and Shang Chi for that matter.

good thing they gave him a power boost because i know for damn sure at one time he could only talk to his falcon.

so did they retconned his origin about being a pimp?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good thing they gave him a power boost because i know for damn sure at one time he could only talk to his falcon.

Hell initially he couldn't even fly. He got his wings from Black Panther.

The first time I remember them giving him ability to talk to thousands of birds, see through their eyes, and control them was during Geoff Johns Avengers run. Even during Hickman's current run they had Sam send some of Ex Nihilo's bird like creatures away.

so did they retconned his origin about being a pimp?

Nope it's still there. Most writers ignore it, others use it so he can be the Marvel comics equivalent of Judge Mathis.

Priest got kind of clever with it and had Falcon doing "code switching". Around Cap and the other Avengers Falcon would be on his proper negro shyt, but when he was on his own he was street nikka. Priest also had Falcon acting as a mentor for the replacement Black Panther (Casper Kole).

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Hell initially he couldn't even fly. He got his wings from Black Panther.

The first time I remember them giving him ability to talk to thousands of birds, see through their eyes, and control them was during Geoff Johns Avengers run. Even during Hickman's current run they had Sam send some of Ex Nihilo's bird like creatures away.

Nope it's still there. Most writers ignore it, others use it so he can be the Marvel comics equivalent of Judge Mathis.

Priest got kind of clever with it and had Falcon doing "code switching". Around Cap and the other Avengers Falcon would be on his proper negro shyt, but when he was on his own he was street nikka. Priest also had Falcon acting as a mentor for the replacement Black Panther (Casper Kole).

:dead:
I just had a funny ass visual in my head

i have to buy priest black panther run.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I hated that comic book SO fukking much. It's not even that it was poorly written or drawn. I just think that if you're gonna have a book called Iron Man 2.0 and have Rhodey's all on the covers and talk about evolving the character, then maybe that character should be in the book as more than just a supporting character.
I agree it shouldn't have been titled that but I guess they just wanted it to sell