Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Can't agree with that. Doomwar was dope for the most part (although editorial did everything they could to fukk it up), I know people don't like the ending which has T'Challa win by 'losing', but it just emphasized the lengths T'Challa would go to get the better of his enemies. Also, it paved the way for Hickman making T'Challa lord of the dead and basically be twice the Panther he ever was.

Doomwar lost me the moment they decided that T'challa would be so outsmarted by Doom he would have to hire Deadpool (aka the new hot Marvel Character) and destroy all the vibranium. The whole thing stunk of a storyline made only to depower and degrade T'challa because Hudlin had portrayed him as to smart and competent. Then after that we have most dangerous man alive which decided that T'challa needed to leave his ruined country to come and work in a diner in NYC and sub for Daredevil. Then after it concluded its been quietly retconned since no one talk's about how T'challa destroyed the vibranium and you see mentions of Vibranium here and there in other books.

T'challa is cool right now but basically only because they are writing him as smart and competent again.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doomwar lost me the moment they decided that T'challa would be so outsmarted by Doom he would have to hire Deadpool (aka the new hot Marvel Character) and destroy all the vibranium. The whole thing stunk of a storyline made only to depower and degrade T'challa because Hudlin had portrayed him as to smart and competent. Then after that we have most dangerous man alive which decided that T'challa needed to leave his ruined country to come and work in a diner in NYC and sub for Daredevil. Then after it concluded its been quietly retconned since no one talk's about how T'challa destroyed the vibranium and you see mentions of Vibranium here and there in other books.

T'challa is cool right now but basically only because they are writing him as smart and competent again.

Deadpool being introduced was actually the only part of Doomwar I got excited about because i didn't see it coming.

I agree with everything else though

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always had this theory about Marvel and "Events".

They've gone to shyt since World War Hulk.

My theory is that they took every legit class 100 character off the board and then made up World War Hulk on the fly and was shook as hell to release it month after month.... but hyped it up so much that people bought it anyway.

After that, they felt like they could slap "Event" on any story, no matter how horrible it was, hype it up and it would triple in sales.

They were right.

WWHulk is the Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz of Comic Crossovers.
Yeah wwhulk was ehh

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is Scott lobdell getting to write superman still ??! He's bringing back krypton as if last time the kryptonians returned it was so great :snoop: can anyone explain how forever evil ties into the main character books ??? Seems like some are business as usual

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Why is Scott lobdell getting to write superman still ??! He's bringing back krypton as if last time the kryptonians returned it was so great :snoop: can anyone explain how forever evil ties into the main character books ??? Seems like some are business as usual
Scott Lobdell killed superman, I dropped it once Hel on Earth ended that shyt was terrible and now I read Superman Unchained. If you aren't reading it you need too. Most books take place before Forever Evil and then they will jump to after Forever Evil, which books I'm not sure but I'm sure you can google it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scott Lobdell killed superman, I dropped it once Hel on Earth ended that shyt was terrible and now I read Superman Unchained. If you aren't reading it you need too. Most books take place before Forever Evil and then they will jump to after Forever Evil, which books I'm not sure but I'm sure you can google it.
Ok I thought I heard that but I couldn't remember ... It's like I'm reading uncanny avengers and they have apocalypse twins meanwhile in avengers they have infinity going on and don't mention how they solved that problem it's just weird

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Black Panther: The Man Without Fear was pretty bad too I hated that they reduced him to a street character and he was basically below daredevil. Hickman is really doing great work with BP he's definitely the best to write him since Priest and might even be better if he keeps up like this

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Superman and Superboy have been extremely shytty lately

and Battle of the Atom starting tomorrow

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
never understood writers desires to have black panther as a street level hero?

At least when priest did it he changed who the guy was.