Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I've always had this theory about Marvel and "Events".

They've gone to shyt since World War Hulk.

My theory is that they took every legit class 100 character off the board and then made up World War Hulk on the fly and was shook as hell to release it month after month.... but hyped it up so much that people bought it anyway.

After that, they felt like they could slap "Event" on any story, no matter how horrible it was, hype it up and it would triple in sales.

They were right.

WWHulk is the Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz of Comic Crossovers.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
While we're talking about shytty event lets talk about how trash AvX was

The Thing owning Namor under water :snoop:

Storm beating Black Panther in combat (She didn't even use her powers) :snoop:

The Phoenix 5 :snoop:

Completely shytting on Scott :snoop:

Wolverine c00ning hard :snoop:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
let's talk about the Marvel Event that wasn't:

chaos-war.jpg

right now, you're like ":ohhh: I remember that now that you bring it up!"

DMR

Killa
Daps
Its hard to decide which was the worst, but for me Fear Itself takes the cake, followed very closely by AvX. The stupidity was just oozing from these events.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't believe I bought 10 issues of that shyt when the only useful issue was the last one :snoop:
Well didn't fear itself have a bunch of side issues and shyt to read while in the main story it's like oh some guys got hammers and umm Paris is destroyed like in one panel lol age of ultron was bad too but idk After the first issue I realized that it was a waste

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could be bc I just got back into reading comics book 2 years ago and started with Thanos Quest, then Infinity Gauntlet, Then Annihilation Wars, and War of kings. Those events were str8 fire
War of kings guardians of the galaxy portion :blessed: casualties were had ( I'm not sure how who died came Back but :manny: )
You need to read thanos imperative

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Man I'm reading Fear Itself right about now all 170 somewhat book and I must say it ain't that good. I think Marvel Cosmic events are better than their earth ones.
Yeah it was pretty bad lol

And AvX did make Wolverine look stupid because as a mutant, there's no way he should have been on board with the Avengers agenda in the first place .

Not after the events of the past few years where the mutant race has been repeatedly targeted, and placed under threat.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it was pretty bad lol

And AvX did make Wolverine look stupid because as a mutant, there's no way he should have been on board with the Avengers agenda in the first place .

Not after the events of the past few years where the mutant race has been repeatedly targeted, and placed under threat.
He's been acting corny since schism he turned c00n

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always had this theory about Marvel and "Events".

They've gone to shyt since World War Hulk.

My theory is that they took every legit class 100 character off the board and then made up World War Hulk on the fly and was shook as hell to release it month after month.... but hyped it up so much that people bought it anyway.

After that, they felt like they could slap "Event" on any story, no matter how horrible it was, hype it up and it would triple in sales.

They were right.

WWHulk is the Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz of Comic Crossovers.

It's seems pretty obvious that they had no real plan aftert WWH. :pachaha:

nikkas just started making new hulks whenever they ran into a brickwall :beli:

I actually like WWH (up until the last issue) but I can agree that they just churn out "Events" just cause now.

WWH was the last event that had me :gladbron: just watching Hulk beat the shyt outta nikkas. Secret Invasion was decent. AVX had a spark and a few good moments

Everything in between (Fear Itself, Seige, etc) :pacspit:

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While we're talking about shytty event lets talk about how trash AvX was

The Thing owning Namor under water :snoop:

Storm beating Black Panther in combat (She didn't even use her powers) :snoop:

The Phoenix 5 :snoop:

Completely shytting on Scott :snoop:

Wolverine c00ning hard :snoop:

Dawg :snoop:

Wolverine with the c00ning on his on people

It was funny watching that nikka get jumped and thrown off a plane in the middle of nowhere tho :russ:

And I did like the issue where Scott became Dark Phoenix

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Marvel and DC need to take a break from the universal big events. Let people deal with there own shyt for a year or two and then make everyone come together.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
let's talk about the Marvel Event that wasn't:

chaos-war.jpg

right now, you're like ":ohhh: I remember that now that you bring it up!"

shyt ruined Hercules which was a pretty good comic.

Also you can put Doomwar into this category which also not for nothing helped ruin Black Panther for a couple of years

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
shyt ruined Hercules which was a pretty good comic.

Also you can put Doomwar into this category which also not for nothing helped ruin Black Panther for a couple of years

Can't agree with that. Doomwar was dope for the most part (although editorial did everything they could to fukk it up), I know people don't like the ending which has T'Challa win by 'losing', but it just emphasized the lengths T'Challa would go to get the better of his enemies. Also, it paved the way for Hickman making T'Challa lord of the dead and basically be twice the Panther he ever was.