Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I have no idea what is going on in infinity.

best art i have seen in a marvel book in awhile though.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
okay, Im looking at the solicits for Valiant's upcoming Unity book (which has nothing to do with the multiverse spanning epicness of the last two Unity stories)...

and basically, Harada's going to assemble the most dangerous team on earth to kill X-O.

Okay so Aric and the X-O armor have just all but wiped out a galactic empire.

Why the hell you gonna throw Ninjak and Eternal Warrior at him?

It's like saying Iron Man is a threat... lets send Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
okay, Im looking at the solicits for Valiant's upcoming Unity book (which has nothing to do with the multiverse spanning epicness of the last two Unity stories)...

and basically, Harada's going to assemble the most dangerous team on earth to kill X-O.

Okay so Aric and the X-O armor have just all but wiped out a galactic empire.

Why the hell you gonna throw Ninjak and Eternal Warrior at him?

It's like saying Iron Man is a threat... lets send Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

not reading the Valiant stuff but Eternal Warrior is a good choice because 1 you can not kill him and 2 he has thousands (could be millions in this new one :manny:) of years of experience. He of all people will stand a chance. yeah but ninjak sounds purely random.
There is no rai or perhaps Magnus?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
not reading the Valiant stuff but Eternal Warrior is a good choice because 1 you can not kill him and 2 he has thousands (could be millions in this new one :manny:) of years of experience. He of all people will stand a chance. yeah but ninjak sounds purely random.
There is no rai or perhaps Magnus?

noap.

Actually I dont think they can even use Magnus, Turok or Doctor Solar because they dont own the characters anymore.

I think.

And you should be reading the Valiant stuff, dude.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
noap.

Actually I dont think they can even use Magnus, Turok or Doctor Solar because they dont own the characters anymore.

I think.

And you should be reading the Valiant stuff, dude.

i will catch up in a TPB. but damn they lost all the Golden Key guys that sucks. I remember Solar and x-o were friends in the last Valiant series.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i will catch up in a TPB. but damn they lost all the Golden Key guys that sucks. I remember Solar and x-o were friends in the last Valiant series.

yeah, that's the one thing I hate about the new Valiant books. Solar and Magnus were like the two central characters in the universe's mythology.

But I promise you the books are so good that you'll barely miss them.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wolverine #8 was pretty cool. I would never pick up a Wolverine book but it had T'Challa in it :yeshrug:

The ending was mad random though.

*discussing story relevant stuff*
"Hold up, my phone is going off."
*random picture of Mystique swagging in Logan's school*
"NoooOOOooo!"

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
I literally can only read spider man, because that's the only thing i'm caught up with. I'm starting over on the x-men though..starting from the 1991 revamp. Wish me luck.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Infinity had a shytload of cool moments (especially with Black Bolt) and the art was gorgeous but I am worried that no one at Marvel has a clue how to write Thanos anymore especially after that shytty Thanos Rising mini-series. Thanos doesn't sit around grinning a lot while other people hog the spotlight. Thanos is a hands on maniacal genius. This felt more like Darkseid than Thanos to me.

Johns and Lemire nailed the characterization of Lex Luthor in JLA #7...Lex is supposed to act like he is the smartest man in existence and be unphased by anyone and everything that goes on around him. Him dismissing Pandora was classic. Martian Manhunter also had some cool moments in the issue. The way he was just wrecking Dr. Psycho mentally was cold blooded.

Has anyone read Sidekick? It was really good, depressing as hell but a damn good read. Might be the best thing that Strazcynski has done in years.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh: Finally read Archer and Armstrong 12... they dropped a bunch of clues where it looks like they MAY JUST have a future book like Rai or Magnus: Robot Fighter somewhere down the line.

Although there's some differences.... like Ax apparently not killing Bloodshot this time around. Eh.... We'll see what happens if Torque gets Kris pregnant over in Harbinger. lol