Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I never read the old Priest issues of Q+W but want to sometime. Funny you mention Kelly's run on Deadpool since I know you weren't a huge fan of Priest's run on that book.

Priest (and nearly everyone else who's written Deadpool besides Kelly, Nicieza and Simone) just never understood that Deadpool is more than him acting nutty, it's him acting nutty to cover up his pain. That's also what I like about Q+W right now. Asmus isn't just throwing out jokes, he also touches on the past of the brothers and their bond, which makes the comic earn its jokes about them accidentally touching dikks and whatnot.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It actually works out pretty well...because even if the Avengers explain to the public that it was'nt really Spiderman per se, it will just reinforce the whole thing where half of NY loves Spidey and the rest think he's a menace or worse.

fukk the minions but he needs a base of operations...call it the Web or something but give him a damn place to kick it and plan shyt other than a shytty apartment.
Lol@the web

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Priest (and nearly everyone else who's written Deadpool besides Kelly, Nicieza and Simone) just never understood that Deadpool is more than him acting nutty, it's him acting nutty to cover up his pain. That's also what I like about Q+W right now. Asmus isn't just throwing out jokes, he also touches on the past of the brothers and their bond, which makes the comic earn its jokes about them accidentally touching dikks and whatnot.
Yeah yeah yeah.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Infinity better not concentrate on the avengers shyt

I tried picking up the prelude issues and that shyt had me :mindblown:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
detail.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #14
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art and cover by CHRISTOPHER BACHALO
MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VARIANTS ALSO AVAILABLE
• The effects of X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM are felt!
• Magneto goes off on personal mission that sets him at odds with much of the X-Men and Marvel Universe.
• The new Xavier School has changed, but how?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

It begins....

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody got a link to Superior Spidey Teamup #2. The website where I download my books has the new Scarlet Spider but it's part 2 of the story that starts in Teamup.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just finished reading Invincible #1 to 102. gotdamn that comic is the shyt :lawd:

Robert Kirkman>>>>>>>>that pos Bendis

Invincible is the Dragonball of American superhero comics. It's one of the greatest superhero comics period. If you ain't reading it I don't know where the fukk you at.

And Infinity was awesome. The scale of this event is enormous, yet Hickman kept it focused and easy to follow, and he immediately G'd up Black Bolt to boot.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Wolverine #8 was pretty cool. I would never pick up a Wolverine book but it had T'Challa in it :yeshrug:

JLA was great too my Luthor is a G brehs the way he was dismissing Pandora was funny af