Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
My God, I just read Wolverine & The X-Men #16 and it really has me hoping that Jason Aaron gets removed from the book as part of all the Marvel Now! stuff.
His love of these baby Hellfire Club kids is stupid and the character of Kade Kilgore is the most forced ridiculous creation in recent memory.

I like them although he should have left Kade some more mystery and did a bit on each of them instead of focusing on Kade.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Lol. I like Warbird though. Heard the bad reviews for that issue though. The complete opposite reaction to Uncanny.

SKY DADDY

Religion INC.
Daps
Reppin
I am
its about 2 be on, they finally got t'challa on a team book, im tryna see if he on his king of the dead shyt tho. collectively speakin, just off who's on the roster so far, these nikkaz is doin somethin major, seems like instead of tryna fix problems they're gonna be pre-emptively situating possible future dilemmas. illuminati = 2013 new avengers

Newsarama.com : Marvel NOW! Variants & Interview Reveal Lineups, New Titles

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The ONLY way that AvX redeems itself Bishop/Cable/Cyclops/Rachel/Jean/X-Men is if Hope steps up and absorbs the Phoenix Force. Then she MUST give Rachel back her piece, revive Jean, restore the mutant x-gene and then does something like murder a bunch of people in the process.

It's the only thing that makes sense at this point. It makes Cyclops right all along, the Avengers wrong in that she restores mutantdom and can control it; right in that she still does something destructive (Marvel can be happy). It makes Cable right for saving her, Bishop right for wanting to kill her. Rachel wins and gains part of her power back and Jean is back which turns everyone's world upside down. Drama in the X-Men is always a must.

c/s. something along those lines would have to happen to justify the bullshyt. A massive power upgrade (i.e. phoenix force) followed by either some polarizing actions that may put civiliation at risk while seeming beneficial to mutankind... or just a complete 180 heel turn with only a slim chance of redemption...

only problem with them ideas tho... is that they just DID that angle with the phoenix five :snoop:

take the 5 outta that spot and give it to Hope like everyone figured would happen, or have a different group for the P5 with her playing the role they gave to Cyclops (and have Cyclops play the role Magneto had towards the end) and a lot of shyt would have been wrapped up fairly well.

issue 12 would have had Bishop coming in with the "i told you so's" and Cable coming in to ultimately have that last father/daughter moment with a phoenix possed Hope before she gets beat/killed. Cyclops would have avoided character assassination since he would've came to his senses in the 11th hour and notified xavier and the Avengers.. it all would have come to an end.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
What happened to that Marvel Event with The Punisher going to war with the avengers? Has that been scrapped since the Marvel semi reboot is happening?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What happened to that Marvel Event with The Punisher going to war with the avengers? Has that been scrapped since the Marvel semi reboot is happening?

It wasn't an event, it was just a mini series set in another universe.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel needs to start developing some new characters.

Whenever they try and do that fanboys start crying like little bytches.

DC has the same problem, they try and introduce new characters and sensitive ass fanboys start crying about some older character that nobody was paying attention to previously not getting the same push.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Whenever they try and do that fanboys start crying like little bytches.

DC has the same problem, they try and introduce new characters and sensitive ass fanboys start crying about some older character that nobody was paying attention to previously not getting the same push.

How many stories can you tell about the same people i mean damn. You kill them they come back to life somehow. Even the villains. Creatively bankrupt.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many stories can you tell about the same people i mean damn. You kill them they come back to life somehow. Even the villains. Creatively bankrupt.

Like I said it aint the creators, it's the fanbase of the big two companies.

The smaller comic book companies don't have that problem. They try out new stuff all the time and will kill off a character and replace them with little backlash.

They offed Savage Dragon a while ago and replaced him with his son.

Al Simmons hasn't be Spawn in over 5 years.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
My God, I just read Wolverine & The X-Men #16 and it really has me hoping that Jason Aaron gets removed from the book as part of all the Marvel Now! stuff.
His love of these baby Hellfire Club kids is stupid and the character of Kade Kilgore is the most forced ridiculous creation in recent memory.

Jason Aaron is one of the worst writers Marvel has.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is this what you're talking about:

Marvel_Universe_Vs._The_Punisher_Vol_1_1.jpg