Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I may be in the minority but I would have deaded Cyclops and Emma before Prof. X, Chuck is a cool ass character that has never gotten enough shine in my opinion.

The character that the team has been named after hasn't gotten enough shine? :childplease:

A big part of why the X-franchise became stagnant was because they wouldn't kill him or magneto off and push the new blood. Then when they finally decided to give Cyke his big pushed they fukked it up by having him be a mixture of Magneto and Xavier...

I swear X-Men comics aint been shyt since Messiah Complex.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Magneto was never going anywhere. He drew more money for that shyt than any character in the X-Universe. Xavier? He's been dead weight since Legacy switched over to Rogue.

Scott killing Xavier will fukk his character up though. Not even the Phoenix influence is gonna be enough of an excuse.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Magneto was never going anywhere. He drew more money for that shyt than any character in the X-Universe. Xavier? He's been dead weight since Legacy switched over to Rogue.

Scott killing Xavier will fukk his character up though. Not even the Phoenix influence is gonna be enough of an excuse.

:snoop:

Stop it....

No character has made more money for the X Franchise than Wolverine. I can't stand the character but It can't be denied that he's one of the biggest money makers for Marvel.

And yeah Marvel has fukked Scott's character up royally. It's actually worse than what they did to Iron Man during Civil War. I'm assuming though they're gonna use the younger time displaced Cyclops as an out.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Stop it....

No character has made more money for the X Franchise than Wolverine. I can't stand the character but It can't be denied that he's one of the biggest money makers for Marvel.

And yeah Marvel has fukked Scott's character up royally. It's actually worse than what they did to Iron Man during Civil War. I'm assuming though they're gonna use the younger time displaced Cyclops as an out.

No Wolverine story I know of has ever topped any Magneto story in sales. The biggest Wolverine story to date was when he got his metal ripped out by Magneto in his Fatal Attractions story at best. The Magneto and Acolytes story pushed 8 million copies. shytted on Superman/Batman/any relaunch/Spawn/McFarlene's Spider Man #1...any of that shyt. That's why his character runs the shows and movies.

As for Cyclops? They might give him a solo but that won't make it. We'll see...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they pretty much made cyclops public enemy number 1...from a corny ass boy scout to the guy that killed Xavier

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Stop it....

they did fukk iron man character royally..but then them movies came out and he in good graces

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Wolverine story I know of has ever topped any Magneto story in sales. The biggest Wolverine story to date was when he got his metal ripped out by Magneto in his Fatal Attractions story at best. The Magneto and Acolytes story pushed 8 million copies. shytted on Superman/Batman/any relaunch/Spawn/McFarlene's Spider Man #1...any of that shyt. That's why his character runs the shows and movies.

As for Cyclops? They might give him a solo but that won't make it. We'll see...

in comic public opinion he always a lame....wolverine will always trump him because he the anti-hero that does whatever the fukk he wants and shyts anybody thats will question his methods....cyke was just the opposite of that always does the right thing or what was professor x tell him...people just love the tough guy

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The character that the team has been named after hasn't gotten enough shine? :childplease:

A big part of why the X-franchise became stagnant was because they wouldn't kill him or magneto off and push the new blood. Then when they finally decided to give Cyke his big pushed they fukked it up by having him be a mixture of Magneto and Xavier...

I swear X-Men comics aint been shyt since Messiah Complex.

He has spent the majority of his time in existence sitting in a wheelchair in his study fretting over the X-Men so I stand by my statement.
And how the fukk is Cyclops new blood? He was introduced in the same fukking comic book that Prof. X was.
The X-franchise becoming stagnant had shyt all to do with Xavier and more to do with writers bending over backwards to make that "mutants being hated in the same world that The Thing is a beloved celebrity" work while introducing way too many shytty mutant characters (Maggot anyone?) to the point that mutants seemed to outnumber the general populace and lame ass mutants outnumbered the cool ones.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And now we can look forward to years of comics of Cyclops running around crying in his soup and whining about what a horrible person he is because he killed Chuck.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah...that dumb ass angst is coming. What is interesting is this..next year is the 50th anniversary of the X-Men and Xavier was killed off. I suspect Jean Grey is returning in her REAL age, not the damn teenage one that is about to come back, around that timeframe too. I think someone from Uncanny is getting a solo....but who knows. It's not confrmed or proven. Only new books have shown are "Wanted" and "Killers" as hype with a creative team attached to both. Everyone thinks it's Cable related and MAYBE the other deals with the Extinction team. I doubt Cable's direction matters more than the leftovers of the Uncanny team..he didn't do jack shyt in the event.