Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

SKY DADDY

Religion INC.
Daps
Reppin
I am
Newsarama | 1st Look: AVENGERS NOW! #1 JEROME OPEÑA Pages Page 1

That art is beautiful :ohlawd:

I'm telling you brehs, Avengers will be good.

On the DC side, the only zero issues I'm looking forward to are Team 7 and Justice League.

Justice League Of America has potential based solely on the cast. I have my fingers crossed the writing is better than it is in Justice League. I'm finding it pretty weak myself.

:leon: that black n gold get up iron man sportin is tough, what armor is that??

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just in case you guys are still not up on it
This is probably the best-looking Godzilla comic you've ever read
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I'm down to only really buying Batman, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing when it comes to superhero books. IDW has been getting the bulk of my comic money with the ongoing TMNT, TMNT Micro-Series, and all the Godzilla titles they are dropping.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And here is a page from issue 2
tumblr_m8h2h1FEW61r8tmqqo1_1280.jpg

Anguirus, Godzilla's first monster opponent.
:ohlawd: at the detail of the art

Issue 2 variant cover
GodzillaHalfCenturyWar_SheldonVariant.jpg

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I absolutely love Marvel's cosmic stuff. Everything is so well done and I love how it ties into some of the traditional comics. Just finished War of Kings. Vulcan vs Black Bolt was just fukking epic. All these cosmic wars are sick. All the supporting characters are badass as fukk. I like how characters like Dark Hawk, Rachel Summers, Havoc, and the whole Guarians of the Galaxy are big players in this. The Guardians are fukking awesome. Rocket Racc00n and Groot in the movie have the potential to make it absolutely fantastic.

I think I like te obscure shyt in comics a little more. Like how in DC my favorite comic run was the Booster Gold series. Little did everyone know, besides Batman, Booster was constantly saving the space time continuum. Same with how it's like a running joke when the Guardians show up on Earth unexpectedly that no one knows who the fukk they are lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always favored the obscure over the major players, myself. I agree that Marvels cosmic stuff is one of the best, but I just been finding myself bored with the Big Two lately. I am looking forward to a new Nova title, though.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I've never been able to get into either company's cosmic stuff. They always kinda lose me with that. I'm not a big sci-fi fan. I've enjoyed Green Lantern when I've read it but that was more because of Geoff Johns. If anyone else was writing, I would've never given it a shot.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I think I like te obscure shyt in comics a little more. Like how in DC my favorite comic run was the Booster Gold series. Little did everyone know, besides Batman, Booster was constantly saving the space time continuum. Same with how it's like a running joke when the Guardians show up on Earth unexpectedly that no one knows who the fukk they are lol

The Booster series was just good, solid stuff. Same with the original '86 series. Not essential or particularly relevant reading but good stuff if you like simple colorful comic book stories.

DMR

Killa
Daps
Marvel cosmic stuff was crack! Too bad now Loeb will propably fukk it up.

I recommend to you Hypernaturals, its by Abnett & Lanning - authors of most epic marvel cosmic stuff like Nova, GoG etc and its on par with them :smugdraper:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
AvX #11 Not Really Spoilery Spoiler

Cyclips kills Prof. X
330cxzq.jpg

And then turns into Dark Phoenix Cyclops

155l76d.jpg

Is anyone really surprised by this turn of events?

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Cyclips kills Prof. X
330cxzq.jpg

155l76d.jpg

Not really surprised. A couple weeks ago Marvel dropped some teasers. One of them said :Wanted: and the other said :Killers: I'm thinking that Cyclops team (Magneto, Emma Frost, and Magik) are gonna be on the run with X-Force looking for them. But, I guess we'll know not long from now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know I may be in the minority but I would have deaded Cyclops and Emma before Prof. X, Chuck is a cool ass character that has never gotten enough shine in my opinion.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
How Emma walks away from these events is anyone's guess...but Magik had the ETHER of the year nominee in Uncanny #18. She str8 played Colossus like a fukking JACKASS:laugh: What a wonderful flip that was.

Bendis dialogue in #11 of A v X was nearly terrible. He had Iceman sounding like a whole different character and why would Hope be that concerned over Xavier..she's only met him like once. LOL@that dramatic scene with Rogue and Hulk and they did NOTHING the whole fukking issue:laugh:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

Cyclips kills Prof. X
330cxzq.jpg

155l76d.jpg

Not at all. What's even more :Rudy: is that this like his 3rd time dying this decade. He'll be back though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk