Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Aliens vs Avengers was fukking HEAT, my god :ohlawd: :whew:

Hickman really going for an epic tale here and I'm all for it. His shout out to Krakoa :blessed: . Loved that the mutants said fukk this planet and went to Mars to thrive on their own. His depiction of Apocalypse was:wow: in just two panels. Let that man write an En Sabah Ur mini please :feedme:

Ribic's has something against blondes because he always draws his worst faces to those characters :mjlol: the rest of the book looked fukking amazing though. Cinematic shyt :wow:
I wasn't expecting that.
Hickman strikes again. That comic had no business being that good.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I know Reed is his one true beloved, but Hickman and T'Challa are like Phil Jackson and Jordan

Time Runs Out, Secret Wars, now this, you just know it's winning time
I don't know, he writes a great Doom and he seems to be the only writer that enjoys writing Valaria.
His starting 5 of characters: Doom, Reed, T'Challa, Valaria and Apocalypse.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
is anyone else tired of mutants playing victim in this arc?

yeah, orchis dunked on you. and hard as hell at that, but max, charles, emma and sinister were doing peak shiesty shyt

like its hard to feel sympathy for the big talkers when you had max talking about mutants are your new gods, emma is mind probing and controlling anyone high enough who disagreed with krakoa. and charles playing beatrix kiddo with reed richards mind of all places. and scott just sat there and let it happen
its like house of M all over again

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Get Fury is low key heat. I didn’t expect there to be another story in that series.

:ehh:

Also yeah Hickman is doing Some real interesting stuff with Wolverine and Avengers vs. Aliens. Both companies need to let their best writers create more mature comics without having to worry about repercussions.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
is anyone else tired of mutants playing victim in this arc?

yeah, orchis dunked on you. and hard as hell at that, but max, charles, emma and sinister were doing peak shiesty shyt

like its hard to feel sympathy for the big talkers when you had max talking about mutants are your new gods, emma is mind probing and controlling anyone high enough who disagreed with krakoa. and charles playing beatrix kiddo with reed richards mind of all places. and scott just sat there and let it happen
its like house of M all over again
Idk what else could they do, but mourn Krakoa?

Like I get that that Marvel wanted to go back status quo of Mutants as outsider, but Krakoa made them gods. They was talking big shyt because they were doing bigger things.

I still think outside of a reboot to erase it and start fresh they took the characters too far to their long term goal to have them go back to this status quo. I mean Krakoa showed that Mutants are better when they don’t associate with humans.The logical next step was they should have moved to Mars. Which would have been a much more interesting story but also too similar to Krakoa.

All these marvel books seem like they are struggling to figure out what to do next because I am pretty sure they are struggling to figure out what to do next.

Me personally I would lean into it and have a familiar character go evil in an attempt to unify mutants to leave humans behind. Maybe that is the end goal of changing Doug. However, right now the x-books seem aimless.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Idk what else could they do, but mourn Krakoa?

Like I get that that Marvel wanted to go back status quo of Mutants as outsider, but Krakoa made them gods. They was talking big shyt because they were doing bigger things.

I still think outside of a reboot to erase it and start fresh they took the characters too far to their long term goal to have them go back to this status quo. I mean Krakoa showed that Mutants are better when they don’t associate with humans.The logical next step was they should have moved to Mars. Which would have been a much more interesting story but also too similar to Krakoa.

All these marvel books seem like they are struggling to figure out what to do next because I am pretty sure they are struggling to figure out what to do next.

Me personally I would lean into it and have a familiar character go evil in an attempt to unify mutants to leave humans behind. Maybe that is the end goal of changing Doug. However, right now the x-books seem aimless.

It kinda goes back to that discussion on here from a couple weeks back about continuity. i.e. nearly a decade ago they had Peter Parker realize his "Reed Richards" potential and become a billionaire with Parker Industries... they reset that, just like they reset his marriage 20 years ago, just like they bushed his daughter 30 years ago. So now, what is there left to explore with 616 Peter Parker? You walked every progressive thing back.

Same concept with the 616 X-Men. The whole woe is us/everybody hates us been forced bullshyt for a while now, but at least Krakoa gave them a proper avenue to progress organically. But they promptly fukked all that up and hit the reset button yet again. So now what? Jean gon resurrect and die again? Xavier gon heel turn again?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Camp's Ultimates keeps getting better and better.

This Reed's life, my god :mjcry: :mjcry:

The Maker is such a huge piece of shyt, real evil stuff :wow: