Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Dead at Moira getting a new arm in Inferno and ripping it apart in 2 issues of XDoW :mjlol: this series is miles better than the "X Lives" one though.

The gist is that The Great Darkness (a creature that existed before anything else in the universe) is behind all of the other major crises that have happened in the DCU because he wants to go back to when it was just a universe of nothing so he used The Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, Magog, The Batman Who Laughs etc. to bring it about...the only person who realizes that the Great Darkness is the ultimate big bad is Darkseid and Final Crisis was Darkseid's attempt to thwart The Great Darkness while also stealing his powers.
So now The Great Darkness is back after manipulating Darkseid in the Justice League Incarnate comic and all of the bad stuff happening with the League dying is part of TGD's master plan to finally end all life in the multiverse.

Sounds like a whole buch of convoluted fukkery which sounds like classic DC. I'll try to keep up with this one, though I gotta be honest I was done with huge, multiversal threats 7 years ago (after Secret Wars) and DC insists on making every fukking big crossover about the multiverse and all of existence being in danger of ending :francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Blackest Night was fun, so was Darkside War.

Final Crisis :scusthov: Morrison at his worst.

I liked final crisis :manny: but because i'm a mark for anything Darkseid lol

It was absolute bananas nonsense but once i was able to track it A LONG time after I first read it, i appreciated it.
The thing I most enjoyed about Final Crisis was that it was basically a lot of existing DC lore (some of which was obscure as fukk) being funneled through the wacky mind of Grant Morrison.
So it was always going to be a tough sell for people who weren't DC diehards and even the diehards were going to have to decipher all the Morrisonisms in the story.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The thing I most enjoyed about Final Crisis was that it was basically a lot of existing DC lore (some of which was obscure as fukk) being funneled through the wacky mind of Grant Morrison.
So it was always going to be a tough sell for people who weren't DC diehards and even the diehards were going to have to decipher all the Morrisonisms in the story.
yeah, countdown and final crisis was almost exclusively about digging up old IP and giving them some shine. even I had to do a lot of research to get everything in context

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dead at Moira getting a new arm in Inferno and ripping it apart in 2 issues of XDoW :mjlol: this series is miles better than the "X Lives" one though.
I was done with X Lives of Wolverine after that first issue. The book sucks and the last thing I give a fukk about is more deep dives into Wolverine's past.
Giving dude an origin story was the worst thing that has been done with the character yet Marvel continues to peel that rotten onion for some reason.

And X Deaths of Wolverine is just a hunting Moira story but I guess Marvel didn't think anyone would buy a book about cat and mouse game of Mystique chasing Moira McTaggart all over the world trying to kill her.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I saw the post about the JLA dying and I didn't even care.

And at this point, I kinda believe the only people who would care about them dying in the DCU would be villains happy for a break and heroes miffed at the extra work load.

We really don't need another "Crisis". We really don't need another "This is why the JLA important" story.

"They inspire HOPE :gladbron:" Please shut the fukk up we heard you the other 1500 times.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
so I guess if the league is dying then we're going to reboot the universe soon?
I knew the minute they killed Alfred that it was coming