Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Avengers, X-Men, And Eternals Face Judgment Day
FKhQVNoX0AIv8_F

Kieron Gillen and Valerio Schiti join forces for the newest Marvel Comics event, coming this summer

The next Marvel Comics epic is here! From the brilliant mind of superstar writer Kieron Gillen and the incredible talents of acclaimed artist Valerio Schiti comes JUDGMENT DAY, a Marvel Universe spanning event launching in July.

Already redefining the Eternals mythos in ETERNALS, and soon to be shepherding in the next age of mutantkind in IMMORTAL X-MEN, Gillen will take his work on both titles as well as recent storylines in Jason Aaron and Javier Garron’s AVENGERS run for an odyssey that will usher in dramatic developments for these three core Marvel teams. And Schiti, already proven to be a masterful event storyteller in books like EMPYRE and INFERNO, will deliver the breathtaking action and high-stakes thrills that transpire when Super Hero titans clash. Together, these iconic creators have crafted an intense saga that’s destined to take its place among the most impactful events in Marvel Comics history.

The X-Men have achieved immortality and mutants have taken their place as the dominant species on the planet. The Eternals have discovered long hidden knowledge about their species, including a devastating truth about mutantkind. The Avengers have come into direct conflict with the Celestials and are currently using a fallen Celestial as their base of operations, slowly unlocking its secrets… When the Eternals brazenly target the mutant nation of Krakoa, the Avengers try desperately to de-escalate a potentially apocalyptic war. But this is no simple conflict. The Eternals’ purpose cannot be denied and mutantkind’s future will not be threatened. And after the opening battles, new players and revelations for both sides will emerge as the inhabitants of the Marvel Universe are JUDGED by the greatest power they’ve ever come into contact with.

“There's a classic metaphor to describe the Marvel Universe - a toybox, which creators take toys out of, play with and put back. I get it, but it's never quite how I've seen it - I think 'play' in another way. I think of a music shop, with all these instruments with their different qualities suggesting different songs, different stories,” Gillen explained. “For all the Marvel instruments I've played, I've never written an event. Writing an event is something different. It's not like playing an instrument. It's having all the instruments in the Marvel music shop. That's not like writing a song. That's like writing a symphony.”

“I looked at everything in Eternals and Immortal X-Men and everything else all the X and Avengers writers have done and thought... yeah, this is an event. In fact, an event is the only way to do justice to this. The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson described the music he was reaching for as Teenage Symphonies to God. I think that's what the best Marvel Events aspire to be, and it's what we're aspiring to here. I want the scale. I want the heartbreak . I want a book that wears its heart on its sleeve even as it puts a fist in your face. I want something Wagnerian in its volume as emotional as God Only Knows.”

“It is great to have the opportunity to draw another Marvel event after Empyre,” Schiti said. “The difference is that last time I was just excited, but now I know how high the expectations are, so now I am both excited and a bit scared! Luckily for me I have the great Kieron Gillen and Marte Gracia watching my back and together we can face any cosmic threat!”

Be sure to pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 on May 7 for your first taste of the action. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more information, including cover reveals, and witness the buildup to JUDGMENT DAY in upcoming issues of ETERNALS, IMMORTAL X-MEN, X-MEN, and AVENGERS.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Meet Tosin Oduye in Black Panther’s 200th Issue
Wonder if Tosin is going to eventually become Black Panther in the comics and be the solution for the T'Challa issue in the Black Panther movies like the mutants being Deviants story seems like the solution to how to introduce mutants into the MCU?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Comics writer and DC editor Brian Augustyn died over the weekend.

Longstanding comic book writer and editor Brian Augustyn, died last weekend from a stroke, aged 67.
Universally liked within the industry, Brian Augustyn was a comic book editor and writer, who began working in the comic book industry in the mid-eighties, editing books like Trollords, and both Syphons and Speed Racer for NOW Comics. In 1988, he joined DC Comics as a co-editor on Action Comics Weekly. He then became a solo editor on the likes of The Flash, Justice League and the Impact Comics line.
He hired Mark Waid as writer on The Flash in 1992 which began a long working relationship between the two, including an eight-year run on Flash, as well as editing books such as Comet and Impulse. He also wrote the first Elseworlds title Batman: Gotham by Gaslight drawn by Mike Mignola as well as its sequel Batman: Master of the Future, Black Condor, Imperial Guard, Out There and Crimson – both with Impulse artist Humberto Ramos. He also co-wrote with Mark Waid, comics such as The Crusaders, Painkiller Jane and Ash, X-O Manowar, and JLA: Year One. He also returned to The Flash to write it with Mark Waid from 1996 to 2000, which would see Wally West married Linda Park.​

FKiayIoXIAMEaJN

FKiU74JVEAM8WWD

FKia2TJXwAQ8djI

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Release your Black History Month anthology four months after Black History Month, brehs. :martin:

During pride month, brehs. :martin::dame:

I guess this Milestone book was part of the 30 comics that DC announced would be delayed because of supply chain issues.
They confirmed that Justice League, Batman/Catwoman, Nubia and a couple other would be delayed but the story said there were more books that they didn't mention that would be a effected too.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I'm sure I wont understand even half of the shyt that's on the page but I'll try to follow this one :ehh:

The gist is that The Great Darkness (a creature that existed before anything else in the universe) is behind all of the other major crises that have happened in the DCU because he wants to go back to when it was just a universe of nothing so he used The Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, Magog, The Batman Who Laughs etc. to bring it about...the only person who realizes that the Great Darkness is the ultimate big bad is Darkseid and Final Crisis was Darkseid's attempt to thwart The Great Darkness while also stealing his powers.
So now The Great Darkness is back after manipulating Darkseid in the Justice League Incarnate comic and all of the bad stuff happening with the League dying is part of TGD's master plan to finally end all life in the multiverse.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

I'm sure I wont understand even half of the shyt that's on the page but I'll try to follow this one :ehh:

I love a good absolute-fukkery-next-level-insane-over-booked DC Crossover :heh:

if they outdo the chaos of Final Crisis, Blackest night, or Darkseid War :ohlawd:

When the day is saved by the combined efforts of batman and superman and wonderwoman as always :unimpressed:

When one of the green lantern gets killed and two others get that work from Darkseid easily :umad:

When an rare but super powerful villian like Krona or Mandrakk spends the entire saga just distracting superman so it isn't a one-issue-win for Superman :cape:

The obligatory panel with Lex Luthor, Dr. Sivana and Grodd :youngsabo:

The eventual death again of mutant manhunter :unimpressed:

When Metron shows up and does nothing :troll:

Last edited: