Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Punisher is back in a new prestige series that looks to redefine the character

The latest volume of Punisher is a 13-issue, prestige format limited series that will explore both Frank Castle's bloody past and a very surprising status quo shift in the present. The series also boasts quite the impressive creative team, including writer Jason Aaron (The Avengers, The Mighty Thor), artists Jesús Saiz (Star Wars) and Paul Azaceta (Outcast by Kirkman & Azaceta) and colorist Dave Stewart. Saiz and Azaceta will collaborate on each issue, with Saiz handling the present-day portions of the story and Azaceta the flashbacks.
The status quo change in question involves Frank Castle taking control of the ninja cult known as The Hand and becoming "The King of Killers," a servant of The Beast. Along with that new job comes a brand new costume and an even bigger arsenal of weapons.
Why Frank makes that choice is unclear, but it seems to tie back to previously unrevealed secrets about his past. And as Marvel teases, this change is merely a prelude for something even bigger on the horizon.
Read More...

FHESnRoXMA4mNfE

FHEHntAXoAkaykm
I never check for his books...I might do a download of the Kingpin, Thanos, and last Domino series though.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The Punisher is back in a new prestige series that looks to redefine the character

The latest volume of Punisher is a 13-issue, prestige format limited series that will explore both Frank Castle's bloody past and a very surprising status quo shift in the present. The series also boasts quite the impressive creative team, including writer Jason Aaron (The Avengers, The Mighty Thor), artists Jesús Saiz (Star Wars) and Paul Azaceta (Outcast by Kirkman & Azaceta) and colorist Dave Stewart. Saiz and Azaceta will collaborate on each issue, with Saiz handling the present-day portions of the story and Azaceta the flashbacks.
The status quo change in question involves Frank Castle taking control of the ninja cult known as The Hand and becoming "The King of Killers," a servant of The Beast. Along with that new job comes a brand new costume and an even bigger arsenal of weapons.
Why Frank makes that choice is unclear, but it seems to tie back to previously unrevealed secrets about his past. And as Marvel teases, this change is merely a prelude for something even bigger on the horizon.
Read More...

FHESnRoXMA4mNfE

FHEHntAXoAkaykm
This is the Nightwing/Red Hood thing all over again. They basically have him following DD's foot steps

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Consequences
He's off! The Master Of Magnetism is repulsed, leaving Krakoa, and it's all behind Immortal X-Men
ONE OF MUTANTKIND'S MOST POWERFUL LEADERS WALKS AWAY FROM KRAKOA IN DESTINY OF X! Find out what causes Magneto to abandon the Quiet Council when Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck's IMMORTAL X-MEN launches in March

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
fukk man, I did not need to know that shyt about Magneto even though it was implied already in the Immortal X-Men teaser :francis:

Trial of Magneto's finale was I guess the best of the bunch but once again it showed this was nothing more than a cash grab. Five issues that could've been an annual. Toad is a real one, that's what you call devotion, holy shyt :picard:

S.W.O.R.D's finale was also unexpected. I did not see THAT kind of turn coming, I mean I guess I did but not in the way it was portrayed
I mean sure, we all knew Brand wasn't really fukking with the Krakoan Era but this bytch is ready to wipe this nation out :dahell: I'm really interested in learning what the fukk is this big end game she's been talking about since day 1. We better not spend 2 years without knowing :ufdup:

I'm glad they are giving it a better name for the relaunch, I hope X-Men Red sells better. And I hope the red is because of Arakko. Ewing going wild with these new mutants would be dope as fukk.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Moon Knight woulda been my Book of the Week AGAIN...... if S.W.O.R.D. wouldn't have smacked the shyt out of me :whew:

Props to Tom Taylor for coming up with the concept (he mentioned tryig the idea a few months ago) and Props to Bruno Redondo for actually pulling it off! @Neuromancer right, though. The issue practically ZOOMS by, cause the lack of panels makes your brain look at it like animation

:heh: what's up with Wolverine and all these aquatic/beach adventures lately!? They prepping us for a Wolverine/Namor story? :mjlol:

I hate to see Kang go. I really enjoyed this story.