Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wonder why?

In Percy's case, his comics sell pretty well compared to the rest of the line not associated with the main X-Men team or stuff written by Hickman. Granted, he's in charge of the mutant that sells the most (Wolverine) but I think it's no surprise the next big project is a weekly series starring Logan, and Percy is the one in charge of him right now so he gets to do it. I'm not a fan of his run in X-Force (shyt's boring as hell) but his Wolverine has had some really good issues.

Williams I have no clue, but what book did she get? I didn't see any promotion of the relaunch with her. Is she writing a Scarlet Witch book?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
In Percy's case, his comics sell pretty well compared to the rest of the line not associated with the main X-Men team or stuff written by Hickman. Granted, he's in charge of the mutant that sells the most (Wolverine) but I think it's no surprise the next big project is a weekly series starring Logan, and Percy is the one in charge of him right now so he gets to do it. I'm not a fan of his run in X-Force (shyt's boring as hell) but his Wolverine has had some really good issues.

Williams I have no clue, but what book did she get? I didn't see any promotion of the relaunch with her. Is she writing a Scarlet Witch book?
Wanda's book is coming but the creative team has been kept a secret..it would be too good to be true to get Kurt Busiek.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah DC is a mess. They can never decide on an solid universe structure
I keep seeing this being said and I don't understand the complaint.
Everything that ever happened in a DC comic is in continuity.
The characters know that they're universe has been reset over and over and over and there is now a team in place (Justice Incarnate) who's job is to police The Multiverse but we are now in a Multiverse where the one true Darkseid exists and he is on a new mission that threatens to destroy the entire reconstituted Multiverse.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Trial of Magento was awful as an event mini-series and would've been just as awful as part of the canceled X-Factor comic. It was just trash as a concept.

I was shocked by the character heel turn in S.W.O.R.D. not because that character wouldn't do something like this but because of just how mustache twirling stock villain it all was. There is no gray with that character anymore, they are just a bad guy with selfish reasoning.

Nightwing was :blessed:

I am a sucker for alternate universe stuff and the different versions of characters which is the thing that hooked me into Justice League Incarnate and is what is keeping me buying the book but I really do think it is way too soon to be doing another gigantic "multiverse in jeopardy" story and even too sooner to be having Darkseid as the villain at the center of it.

As I just stated, I'm a sucker for alternate universe stuff but I just was not feeling Avengers mostly because I hate how Aaron writes the Avengers and I hate even more the characters Aaron focuses on with his horrible takes on the Avengers.
I don't give a fukk about Maya Lopez. Period. And Jason Aron writes a shytty Phoenix so combining Maya with The Phoenix just makes me want to set any book with them in it on fire.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I keep seeing this being said and I don't understand the complaint.
Everything that ever happened in a DC comic is in continuity.
The characters know that they're universe has been reset over and over and over and there is now a team in place (Justice Incarnate) who's job is to police The Multiverse but we are now in a Multiverse where the one true Darkseid exists and he is on a new mission that threatens to destroy the entire reconstituted Multiverse.
Yeah but that seems like lazy writing after so many reboots. I also don't like Grant Morrison influenced stories.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah but that seems like lazy writing after so many reboots. I also don't like Grant Morrison influenced stories.
I agree that the last thing they need to be doing is another Multiverse in danger event with Darkseid at the center of it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Kieron Gillen did a interview and said Exodus is gonna get a big push in Immortal X Men

ad9880895c6a41bb1591edb630a5bf5219a00944.jpg