Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
These panels :whew:
uz0d6mzu6f181.jpg

cetdfuqv6f181.jpg
Wonder Woman: Black & Gold is a gorgeous book.
I haven't been so visually satisfied by a comic since JH Williams III was drawing Batwoman.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Of the two big #1 issues that came out this week from Marvel, Black Panther #1 and Hulk #1, I loved Black Panther.
The super spy angle that John Ridley is taking with this kickoff story is working for me.
As for Hulk #1...I don't like to shyt on books after one issue and I'm a fan of Cates but this issue did not click for me at all. Banner turning Hulk into a starship might be Top 3 dumbest fukking things I have ever seen in a comic book.

My favorite book this week is DC vs Vampires #2 though. This comic is executing its story perfectly so far.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Black Panther.
The super spy angle that John Ridley is taking with this kickoff story is working for me
He really brought our king back.
As for Hulk #1...I don't like to shyt on books after one issue and I'm a fan of Cates but this issue did not click for me at all. Banner turning Hulk into a starship might be Top 3 dumbest fukking things I have ever seen in a comic book.
Yeah I like Cates too but what the fukk does turning the HULK into a starship even mean?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Commercially speaking, it made sense to make Trial of Magneto an event but this week's issue basically showed that #2 and #3 were completely and utterly useless and could've been 5 pages instead of 50 :dead: the only thing left now is a "mystery" no one gives a flying fukk about but Wanda is back at least, and that was the outcome everyone wanted. A total cash grab by Marvel coupled with false advertisement :mjlol:

Reis' art on New Mutants continues to be :wow: :wow: a lot of talking on the issue but I liked how Vita did this arc.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Commercially speaking, it made sense to make Trial of Magneto an event but this week's issue basically showed that #2 and #3 were completely and utterly useless and could've been 5 pages instead of 50 :dead: the only thing left now is a "mystery" no one gives a flying fukk about but Wanda is back at least, and that was the outcome everyone wanted. A total cash grab by Marvel coupled with false advertisement :mjlol:

Reis' art on New Mutants continues to be :wow: :wow: a lot of talking on the issue but I liked how Vita did this arc.
They basically are doing to Wanda what has been done to Hank Pym for decades...taking her back to her biggest mistake and ignoring all the other times that a writer has fixed her/made her come to terms with what she did and accept that she is not that person anymore but a stronger one who owns her past.
The Scarlet Witch solo book did all the things that this issue of Trial of Magneto tried to do and did it much better.

The thing I love most about the art on New Mutants is how it is an homage to Bill Siekewicz's style.

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons is a beautiful book. Phil Jiminez doesn't get enough credit for how good he is. The guy stopped being a George Perez cover artist and while you can still see the Perez inspiration, Jiminez's style is his own.
And Kelly Sue DeConnick's take on the Greek Gods and the origins of The Amazons is brilliant.

King of Spies was a good read. Mark Millar has a knack for making great first issues of books and then things tend to drop in quality and this first issue was really good so I am hoping he keeps the quality up.

Human Target #2 was just as good as issue #1. I could see this book very easily being adapted to a TV show or movie and is one of the better attempts at doing a super-hero noir story.

I enjoyed Marauders #26 because I'm probably the only person on the planet besides Gerry Duggan who was a legitimate fanboy of the Harry Leland character and was :mjcry: when Nimrod killed him. That is probably why I hate the Nimrod character so much.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Immortal X-Men gotta be a Ewing book, right? :ohhh: I hope it's a new name for Sword because that book and team was pretty dope and it would suck to lose them. Specially when fukking Marauders is still a thing :why:

Legion of X I suppose is the Si Spurrier continuation of Way of X, glad they didn't go with "The Legionaires" :heh:

Vita staying for New Mutants :obama:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
DESTINY OF X: The Second Krakoan Age of X-Men
FF9jxMoWUAQMOrL

The new lineup of X-books:
  • Immortal X-Men
  • Marauders
  • X-Force
  • Knights of X
  • X-Men
  • Legion of X
  • Wolverine
  • New Mutants
  • X-Men Red
Marvel also released the following teaser images:

FFvDmmaXwAMXIsK

FFvDtZgWUAIh6eF

FFvDtZhWUAEfz_R

FFvDml1XwAUzZHE

FFvDml3WUAItjak

FFvDml1XsAc494Q

I can't get excited about this without Hickman.