Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys weren't kidding about Trial of Magneto #3. That book is hot :trash:, but I really shouldn't be surprised. It's the de facto finale to X- Factor and that book was :trash: too.

This is why I'm dropping most of the X-Books after Inferno. :unimpressed:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
3654bae54b711f4790fb74993ccbeecda5d64ca4.jpg
95f05272e393a6c9b5dcbb92b58a06fd9976529d.jpg

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Making a new legacy character black (for clout) with no plans to do anything with the character after the introduction/initial run

:hula:

Having an existing black character (Bishop, Voodoo, Rhodey) thot with a premier white woman (Jean, Wanda, Carol) with no plans to do anything with the character after the thot

Not sure which one is lazier :patrice:

:snoop: I just want a decent Cyborg run.

They reconned him as an OG member of the Justice League...and what now?

I got hope for Naomi, but, it's looking like they are rushing to shove her down our throats via a CW show I'm never watching.

Guess we'll have to wait for them to make Green Arrow black or sumthing.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
#3 hit #1 too..lol

Not surprised, Hickman said the X-book sell increíble well in digital and beat every other marvel book (aside from n°1s I suppose) by a good margin consistently. It's why he thought about taking the line to digital exclusive during the pandemic before Diamond went back to shipping.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
SWORD #9 :lupe: another good issue. Seems the mole is a double agent for Brand, which would make the most sense.

Inferno #2. The trials and tribulations of a Chuck & Erik, a couple who can't get anything right :russ: I thought Moira was going to be their candidate for the QC but they went with an even worse option. Interesting that X-Force is basically the only book which latest developments tie in directly to his event.

That conversation between Nimord and Omega Sentinel :lupe: I'm intrigued.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
SWORD #9 :lupe: another good issue. Seems the mole is a double agent for Brand, which would make the most sense.

Inferno #2. The trials and tribulations of a Chuck & Erik, a couple who can't get anything right :russ: I thought Moira was going to be their candidate for the QC but they went with an even worse option. Interesting that X-Force is basically the only book which latest developments tie in directly to his event.

That conversation between Nimord and Omega Sentinel :lupe: I'm intrigued.
I was wondering if that tight shot on the last page of Colossus' face was to let readers know that he is under his brother's control now or if I was just reading too much into it and they were going to ignore the events of X-Force.

This is just going to be yet another thing that blows up in Chuck and Xavier's face. They have to deal with Mystique+Destiny, they have lost Emma's trust and now they have just placed a mind-controlled puppet on the Quiet Council.
All because they are keeping secrets for reasons that don't make much sense. The circle of people who knew the truth about Moira should've been opened up a while ago to people like Emma and Storm at the very least.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Them Sinister Secrets stay on point, 51 was obvious but #52:wow:
FCuMkT5XIAEfRlE

I was wondering if that tight shot on
the last page of Colossus' face was to let readers know that he is under his brother's control now or if I was just reading too much into it and they were going to ignore the events of X-Force.

This is just going to be yet another thing that blows up in Chuck and Xavier's face. They have to deal with Mystique+Destiny, they have lost Emma's trust and now they have just placed a mind-controlled puppet on the Quiet Council.
All because they are keeping secrets for reasons that don't make much sense. The circle of people who knew the truth about Moira should've been opened up a while ago to people like Emma and Storm at the very least.

Considering X-Force ended with Xavier going to Colossus' house to talk about something, what happened in Inferno has to be the nature of that conversation. Now, I'm not sure it can explained how Chuck wouldn't be able to figure out Piotr is being mind controlled :patrice:

Moira being a secret makes sense to me. And both issues of Inferno have helped me understand a little better why Chuck & Erik don't follow Moira's plan to a T...they are aware she's hiding something. No matter how much she's lived and how much she knows about stuff, they won't follow instructions just because she says so, and she never explains why she wants certain things done.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I was wondering if that tight shot on the last page of Colossus' face was to let readers know that he is under his brother's control now or if I was just reading too much into it and they were going to ignore the events of X-Force.

Only thing is Magneto and Xavier are smarter than all the characters mentioned..if it blew up in their face, I would consider that horrible writing.