Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Immortal Hulk # 50

So Hulk's potentially limitless strength was explained as him literally being the physical manifestation of the wrath of the One Above/Below All. I doubt it sticks, but it is an interesting concept.
I expect it to be quickly forgotten and never spoken of again by the next lineup of writers for Hulk.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I expect it to be quickly forgotten and never spoken of again by the next lineup of writers for Hulk.

Same. It would be a cool concept to explore, along with this Bruce Banner who is at peace with his core alters, but it deviates a bit too much from the status quo of the character. This is especially true when you consider that the next writer is Donny Cates.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Immortal Hulk # 50

So Hulk's potentially limitless strength was explained as him literally being the physical manifestation of the wrath of the One Above/Below All. I doubt it sticks, but it is an interesting concept.
dope ass ending
I doubt the Sterns and Banner familial ties will stick either but we'll see I hope Cates keeps the status quo Ewing is keeping the status quo of Cates Venom run.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope the Hickman FF omni doesn’t get the same treatment. :sadcam:

I don't know about FF, but Hickman's Avengers omnibus vol. 1 was supposedly pushed back to Q4 2022 (it was supposed to be out in like March).

A lot of books are getting delayed and canceled due to paper and printing issues. I pre-ordered that Something Is Killing The Children hardcover with the slipcase, but apparently Boom Studios didn't print enough copies and my order might get canceled. :lupe:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I don't know about FF, but Hickman's Avengers omnibus vol. 1 was supposedly pushed back to Q4 2022 (it was supposed to be out in like March).

A lot of books are getting delayed and canceled due to paper and printing issues. I pre-ordered that Something Is Killing The Children hardcover with the slipcase, but apparently Boom Studios didn't print enough copies and my order might get canceled. :lupe:
FF supposed to be out next month. :lupe:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
so thoughts on Immortal Hulk #50

the idea of Gamma being a way to mainline the power of the one below all (which is revealed to be the one above all's "Hulk" form) and the Hulk and the Leader being distant cousins and the battle theyve been fighting is a hundred year blood feud is...interesting?

My main issue with the ending of Immortal Hulk is it attempts to tie up Ewings run wiht a theme that wasnt really present in the Run. The main theme of IMH IMO was the idea of the righteousness of rage and finding a balance between justice and vengeance. The Devil Hulk was often time too vengeful and the way the series went, i was under the impression the ending would be Banner/Devil Hulk realizing the OBA was banking on him choosing vengeance over justice and succumbing to those impulses is what led us to Hulk-Lactus ending the Universe.

But instead to go with the idea that the Hulk is a product of righteous (but unbridled) fury and that the ultimate test of Banner/The hulks righteousness would be could he overcome the decades long rage in his own bloodline, to forgive the impetus of his families curse, is a deep ending....but not as satisfying a bow to tie up the series.

I guess when i really think about it...that is what Ewing ended up saying. Justice over Vengeance. He just did so in a far more subtle way than I thought. I think a great scene wouldve been as Joe Fixit attempts to finish off Sterns, flashes of Hulk Lactus appears and the OAA/OBA smirks, but child hulk stops him and says the same thing he said.

when i think about it, this ending reminds me of 3 other series: naruto (the idea of a generations long feud playing out with the main protagonist/antagonist), Remender X Force (the idea of vengeance being a never ending cycle) and Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre (the idea that the wrath of god must make peace with himself to end his own suffering)

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC launches the Milestone Initiative to identify and empower Black and diverse creators
FB1sAfbXMAAMVDD

DC is looking to "identify, educate, spotlight, and empower" the next generation of Black and diverse creators in the comic book industry with the Milestone Initiative, a new program as part of the publisher's new talent development program, Next Generation DC (NGDC), designed so that "the stories of the next century are truly reflective of the world around us."

The program is a collaboration between DC, parent company WarnerMedia, Milestone Media, and Ally, a digital financial services company.

Hudlin says that the Milestone Initiative is already taking applications by aspiring writers and artists at DC Milestone through Sunday, November 14.

For accepted participants, the Milestone Initiative development program includes a one-week in-person training summit in DC's Burbank, CA offices from February 14 to February 18, 2022, where they will "make connections, create community, and begin an immersive course to help hone creative skills and better understand the comic book industry."

The summit will be followed by an eight-week virtual at-home course where participants will receive technical training via the Dover, NJ graphic art-focused The Kubert School to "hone their storytelling skills and become part of the next wave of great comic book writers and artists."

DC promises that after the coursework is over, it will remain in contact with participants and work with them to find comic book assignments and other work to help them develop as creators and advance their careers at DC and in the comics industry.

Read more...