Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jonathan Kent, The New Superman, Out As Bisexual From DC Comics (bleedingcool.com)

I mean, they can obviously have more than one bi character, but it does seem to cut the legs out of them outing Tim Drake just a couple months ago.
Seems like they are setting it up for Jon and Tim to start dating down the line since they aged Jon to around Tim's age and now both are coming to terms with their sexuality at around the same time.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like they are setting it up for Jon and Tim to start dating down the line since they aged Jon to around Tim's age and now both are coming to terms with their sexuality at around the same time.

I don't think that's impossible, but that does speak to my larger problem with this: it's lazy AF.

You're gonna have them both come out as bi, in very similar storylines, within two months of each other, just to pair them together? :scust: That's some lame ass fanfic shyt.

And have Tim and Jonathan even interacted that often since he's been aged up?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think that's impossible, but that does speak to my larger problem with this: it's lazy AF.

You're gonna have them both come out as bi, in very similar storylines, within two months of each other, just to pair them together? :scust: That's some lame ass fanfic shyt.

And have Tim and Jonathan even interacted that often since he's been aged up?
They haven't had any interaction but it wouldn't be hard to put them together.
And I doubt it would be done anytime soon since they are establishing Jon's relationship with his very own intrepid reporter in Jay Nakamura and Tim is dancing around with a couple different dudes in his various appearances.
So if at some point down the road the two character find themselves on a titans team at the same time they could conceivably become a couple.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I said it in the other thread, but DC has done so much fukked shyt to this character that this is the least fukked up thing. It's absolutely amazing how much DC is fukked.
had something good with the super sons.. but they decided to age him up :laff:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Never forget
E-jD1UdWYAoW_4c
E-jD3T1XMAIAhTt
E-jEDflXIAEG3nZ
E-jG12qX0AQRYp8
E-jDuCMXIAEpQVK

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Making a new legacy character black (for clout) with no plans to do anything with the character after the introduction/initial run

:hula:

Having an existing black character (Bishop, Voodoo, Rhodey) thot with a premier white woman (Jean, Wanda, Carol) with no plans to do anything with the character after the thot

Not sure which one is lazier :patrice:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anybody read Amazing Spider-Man #76?

I'm cautiously optimistic with where this is going so far. Spencer's run was a bit of a mess but I'm interested enough to keep reading this new run. I don't particularly care about Ben Reilly, but he's only going to be the main Spider-Man in ASM for a brief minute before they spin him off into his own book in January.

The pacing seems a bit off to me though. Since Peter and Ben were very contentious in 75 and then Ben begged for Peter's blessing to be Spider-Man in 76. Seems like there needed to be a couple issues in between, especially since it's shipping three times a month again.