Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hope this gets explained better. It's one thing to throw around stuff like "well, Magneto tried to push their station to the Sun twice but it didn't work" but it's not like Krakoa couldn't come up with better alternative plans than 9 failed X-Force infiltrations. There's no reason why they have to keep it as a black-ops/Magneto exclusive deal....specially because they already used a mutant circuit to help Mags, so they had to use mutants not associated with X-Force for at least 1 mission.

Orchis has too much plot armor -I get it, we gotta suspend disbelief sometimes- and it would be cool if Hickman actually tries to explain why they are such a formidable foe instead of just telling us they are one.
They are working overtime to make Orchis unbeatable.
I was reading Inferno and thought why won't they just have Fabian Cortez amp up Lila Cheney's powers so she could teleport the entire Orchis station and everyone on it into the sun?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
honestly at this point, killing sinister and burning down his lab is probably something that should have been done long before now. but realistically, who would vote destiny in on the council, and what did that fukkbag sinister get for reviving destiny? i mean they could kill her again....
Mystique is a definite yes and I could see Shaw, Sinister, Exodus voting for her just because they are all part of the "bad guy" subgroup of the council.
I also could see Frost and Nightcrawler voting for her too.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
honestly at this point, killing sinister and burning down his lab is probably something that should have been done long before now. but realistically, who would vote destiny in on the council, and what did that fukkbag sinister get for reviving destiny? i mean they could kill her again....

I mean, they had Apocalypse in the seat Destiny had so there's literally no reason to not support her, as past actions aren't or shouldn't count against you. The only reason we as readers have is that Moira doesn't want her, but that's a lousy reason for the QC, specially because most of them have no clue about Moira :heh:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They are working overtime to make Orchis unbeatable.
I was reading Inferno and thought why won't they just have Fabian Cortez amp up Lila Cheney's powers so she could teleport the entire Orchis station and everyone on it into the sun?

:heh: I thought up so many ways once I saw they were sending the same team in there

like dog, Nightcrawler just literally teleported a moon BACK INTO ORBIT. Not out of orbit... but BACK INTO ORBIT

Forget-Me-Not could solo the shyt

My bae Isca

edit: Hell.... The X-Men first beat Nimrod when Harry Leland was alive..... YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT NOW WITH THE ENTIRETY OF MUTANTDOM WITH MULTIPLE POWER AMPS :shaq2:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:heh: I thought up so many ways once I saw they were sending the same team in there

like dog, Nightcrawler just literally teleported a moon BACK INTO ORBIT. Not out of orbit... but BACK INTO ORBIT

Forget-Me-Not could solo the shyt

My bae Isca

edit: Hell.... The X-Men first beat Nimrod when Harry Leland was alive..... YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT NOW WITH THE ENTIRETY OF MUTANTDOM WITH MULTIPLE POWER AMPS :shaq2:

So far the only explanation is "this is a hush-hush operation" but again, if they made a mutant circuit for Magneto to pull that shyt into the sun they should be able to open up the mission and let anyone do the job. The station is in fukking Venus, who gives a shyt if people find out :dead:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
So far the only explanation is "this is a hush-hush operation" but again, if they made a mutant circuit for Magneto to pull that shyt into the sun they should be able to open up the mission and let anyone do the job. The station is in fukking Venus, who gives a shyt if people find out :dead:
Yeah. They're making it hard to believe that these folks can stand up to Krakoa outside of just having the mutants fail all the time. Orchis seemed like they should have been a first arc villain but some how they ran up the score.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Just finished X of Swords
:clap::popcorn:

I fukks with it. Again, the GOAT comic book title showing how vast and creative they can be even with all the multiversal, outer space fukkery.

Lady Saturnye is a bytch :francis:but a boss bytch :ehh:

Apocalypse :wow: Will stay in my Top 5 X-Men characters, now.

I know this whole shyt don't go on for much longer before some cancellations and reboots. :francis:

But, it was dope...except this snuck in bullshyt (I understand it's from a Nov 2020 issue).

ZLEVCxe.png

Nah, MCU, fukk ya'll, we not changing the X-Men brand for shyt :hhh: I'm done fukking with Marvel if they can't resist making everything thing as masculinity starved, gender neutral shyt for something as harmless as the "Men" in X-Men

I try to let ya'll cook, but, I'm glad even Twitter wasn't with that bullshyt a week ago

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Men brehs, where do I go now?

1.- Continue to read the main X-Men book. The run it has after XoS till Hickman left the title (X-Men #21) is very good, though issue #17 is literally filler so you can skip that one :heh: then the book gets relaunched and so far the three issues have been very good. You kinda need to read the Hickman issues to get into the current Inferno event, which is the next big thing for mutantdom and what will shape up the entire line for 2022 and beyond.

2.- If you want another "event" after XoS, then it's Hellfire Gala. Though more than an event it's a collection of books telling what happened during a single evening. In most cases it just set up future stories for each book. In that sense, only Planet-Sized X-Men and the SWORD book that tied in to the Gala are must reads.

3.- If you just want good books then Hellions, SWORD, New Mutants (after XoS) and Way of X are the go to titles.

Just finished X of Swords

ZLEVCxe.png

Nah, MCU, fukk ya'll, we not changing the X-Men brand for shyt :hhh: I'm done fukking with Marvel if they can't resist making everything thing as masculinity starved, gender neutral shyt for something as harmless as the "Men" in X-Men

I try to let ya'll cook, but, I'm glad even Twitter wasn't with that bullshyt a week ago

I think you are mixing shyt up. That data page is just set up for what comes next: having an actual X-Men team. Hickman got away with having an X-Men title and a bunch of mutant shyt without an actual X-Men team, so after XoS that seizes to be the case. The data page is just explaining why there was no team in-universe.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
1.- Continue to read the main X-Men book. The run it has after XoS till Hickman left the title (X-Men #21) is very good, though issue #17 is literally filler so you can skip that one :heh: then the book gets relaunched and so far the three issues have been very good. You kinda need to read the Hickman issues to get into the current Inferno event, which is the next big thing for mutantdom and what will shape up the entire line for 2022 and beyond.

2.- If you want another "event" after XoS, then it's Hellfire Gala. Though more than an event it's a collection of books telling what happened during a single evening. In most cases it just set up future stories for each book. In that sense, only Planet-Sized X-Men and the SWORD book that tied in to the Gala are must reads.

3.- If you just want good books then Hellions, SWORD, New Mutants (after XoS) and Way of X are the go to titles.
I definitely been waiting to finish this read Way of X; A Nightcrawler central book is interesting.
I think you are mixing shyt up. That data page is just set up for what comes next: having an actual X-Men team. Hickman got away with having an X-Men title and a bunch of mutant shyt without an actual X-Men team, so after XoS that seizes to be the case. The data page is just explaining why there was no team in-universe.

I more or less knew that, It just hit me different with the recent twitter bullshyt

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anyone notice the differences between the Destiny+Mystique/Moira scenes from House of X and what was shown in Inferno? I assumed it was just a copy of what we saw before but there were differences in dialogue and in setting in some instances. Makes me wonder if Destiny and Mystique hvae killed Moria more than once which would explain why Moira is so desperate to get rid of Destiny once and for all.

7LTykjh.jpg

oDOQKgf.jpg

GDmEBbc.jpg

8MZQWYL.jpg

JKzJP2C.jpg

4YE5zhV.jpg

pBVkJ1M.jpg

4NKdXU1.jpg

KfeiGug.jpg

7cHWTsH.jpg

OL1NBF3.jpg

wSufbtl.jpg

iHmpD12.jpg

mfBMPn4.jpg

FO1qJ9I.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Anyone notice the differences between the Destiny+Mystique/Moira scenes from House of X and what was shown in Inferno? I assumed it was just a copy of what we saw before but there were differences in dialogue and in setting in some instances. Makes me wonder if Destiny and Mystique hvae killed Moria more than once which would explain why Moira is so desperate to get rid of Destiny once and for all.

7LTykjh.jpg

oDOQKgf.jpg

GDmEBbc.jpg

8MZQWYL.jpg

JKzJP2C.jpg

4YE5zhV.jpg

pBVkJ1M.jpg

4NKdXU1.jpg

KfeiGug.jpg

7cHWTsH.jpg

OL1NBF3.jpg

wSufbtl.jpg

iHmpD12.jpg

mfBMPn4.jpg

FO1qJ9I.jpg

We know how Mira has died in each of her past 9 lives so Destiny only killed her that 1 time. I think it was just Hickman giving us the same scene from a new perspectiva so he could justify doing the scene again (he usually does that kind of thing).

I'm more interesed in the difference of Emma resurrecting Chuck & Erik, and Chuck resurrecting Jean and Scott in HoX #1. Seemed to me the eggs broke different but not sure if that was intentional or an artístic choice.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We know how Mira has died in each of her past 9 lives so Destiny only killed her that 1 time. I think it was just Hickman giving us the same scene from a new perspectiva so he could justify doing the scene again (he usually does that kind of thing).

I'm more interesed in the difference of Emma resurrecting Chuck & Erik, and Chuck resurrecting Jean and Scott in HoX #1. Seemed to me the eggs broke different but not sure if that was intentional or an artístic choice.
I really didn't see much difference aside from swapping the characters in the scene:

daWZv3m.jpg

rL09iOi.jpg

rNvNUpc.jpg

x0hdiMw.jpg