Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If Krakoa is a sovereign nation isn't Orchis then a terrorist organization? I mean they're attacking a race of people who are recognized as having a sovereign nation at every turn aren't they basically Hydra?
Is Henry Peter Gyrich involved on the down low or is he working with Orchis with the full backing of the US government?
Because its possible that Orchis is being backed by multiple countries and as a result wouldn't ever have to face the consequences of being a terrorist organization.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Is Henry Peter Gyrich involved on the down low or is he working with Orchis with the full backing of the US government?
Because its possible that Orchis is being backed by multiple countries and as a result wouldn't ever have to face the consequences of being a terrorist organization.
Gyrich needs to be killed. He's a threat to damn near every superhero in the world.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought there'd be multiple pages about Inferno already.

The Destiny/Mystique/Moira stuff was cool but I'm a little lost with the timeline fukkery.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:russ: gotta give props to the artist for drawing both Magneto and Charles as being an arrogant jackass and a paranoid jackass.

I'm sure some feminist is gonna write an essay on their treatment of Moira

But really, Moira at fault too. Destinny did too good a job of instilling fear in her.

edit: oh and we been ALL saying it since this shyt started: DONT TRUST SINISTER :laff::laff::laff:
The big shyt-eating grins Sinister had when he supposedly gave Xavier all of Destiny's DNA and then when Destiny came strolling into the Quiet Council meeting were great.
How Chuck and Mags have allowed Moira to convince them that Destiny is the most dangerous mutant to bring back while they allow Sinister to not only have a position of power but to be all deep in the resurrection process pretty shows how fukked Krakoa was destined to be from the jump.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

It's Gyrich.

Plus look at Inferno: you got Orchis, AIM, and SHIELD working together on the same page literally.

on a side note, mutants on Mars. They could prolly nuke Orchis.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The big shyt-eating grins Sinister had when he supposedly gave Xavier all of Destiny's DNA and then when Destiny came strolling into the Quiet Council meeting were great.
How Chuck and Mags have allowed Moira to convince them that Destiny is the most dangerous mutant to bring back while they allow Sinister to not only have a position of power but to be all deep in the resurrection process pretty shows how fukked Krakoa was destined to be from the jump.

:russ: breh! He was literally doing the birdman handrub!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The ending of Inferno #1 was money for me.
Also this issue really just drove home that Destiny was right about Moira. She needs all chances of Destiny coming back wiped out because she plans on doing more of the dumb shyt that caused Mystique and Destiny to kill her the last time.

Yeah, I think it's even in Destiny's diaries that Moria X (in the current time line) would try to find a mutant "cure" again, at least that's how I read that panel of her going to the lab and having a page of the diaries that read "Project: Cure".

That's why Moira doesn't want Destiny. But I think it's more about Moira just wanting to die peacefully than her actually hating mutantkind and wanting to eradicate them...or maybe it's just petty revenge, I'm not sure yet. That cure will probably be what Destiny meant when she said Moira had a choice to make and that would basically mean a 11th life or not.

I was also excited to see the Doug/Warlock/Krakoa story being touched upon. Seems Hickman still wants to say something about the Phalanx :lupe:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, I think it's even in Destiny's diaries that Moria X (in the current time line) would try to find a mutant "cure" again, at least that's how I read that panel of her going to the lab and having a page of the diaries that read "Project: Cure".

That's why Moira doesn't want Destiny. But I think it's more about Moira just wanting to die peacefully than her actually hating mutantkind and wanting to eradicate them...or maybe it's just petty revenge, I'm not sure yet. That cure will probably be what Destiny meant when she said Moira had a choice to make and that would basically mean a 11th life or not.

I was also excited to see the Doug/Warlock/Krakoa story being touched upon. Seems Hickman still wants to say something about the Phalanx :lupe:

"I havent slept peacefully in a thousand years"

good catch.

I had to do some Doctor Who type lifetime cycle match to see if she was right. :whew:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
on a side note, mutants on Mars. They could prolly nuke Orchis.

I hope this gets explained better. It's one thing to throw around stuff like "well, Magneto tried to push their station to the Sun twice but it didn't work" but it's not like Krakoa couldn't come up with better alternative plans than 9 failed X-Force infiltrations. There's no reason why they have to keep it as a black-ops/Magneto exclusive deal....specially because they already used a mutant circuit to help Mags, so they had to use mutants not associated with X-Force for at least 1 mission.

Orchis has too much plot armor -I get it, we gotta suspend disbelief sometimes- and it would be cool if Hickman actually tries to explain why they are such a formidable foe instead of just telling us they are one.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

honestly at this point, killing sinister and burning down his lab is probably something that should have been done long before now. but realistically, who would vote destiny in on the council, and what did that fukkbag sinister get for reviving destiny? i mean they could kill her again....