Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Just wait for those final chapters with Pepe's art :banderas:

It's just the beginning and the tournament is nothing like I expected.

The art is all over the place, but, decent overall.

New Mutants #13 had amazing art, IMO

0c86c09e4dd2f65958783eb8ed7c8da1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did a stealth cancellation of Guardians of the Galaxy with issue #18 this week.

I guess they'll come out with a new series once the first trailer for GotG 3 comes out.

Oh shyt, so the Last Annihilation stuff was Ewing's farewell? :ohhh:

I hope he stay in SWORD or whatever new name they give it :feedme:

I was very disappointed because the ending was very abrupt and it seemed like Ewing had more plans beyond Last Annihilation. They also rushed through a lot of the character arcs in the end.

Guardians was the best book Ewing had been doing too, but at least Venom is coming next month. :whew:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just found out Marvel canceled Jim Zub's Conan. :damn: God damn Marvel stay on some fukk shyt lately. :snoop:

I know they're doing the King Conan, and I liked Aaron and Asrar's previous run (it was the first Conan of any kind I had every read), but that's only a six issue mini, so I see no reason they couldn't keep both titles going concurrently.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Inferno #1 was like reading the season premiere of a series finale. Not a lot happened, a good number of recaps/flashbacks for the "new audience", some much awaited dialogues and a big cliffhanger to get the show going :lupe:

BTW, Dyson rockets are basically the most powerful devices in the Marvel Universe :lolbron: :dead:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If Krakoa is a sovereign nation isn't Orchis then a terrorist organization? I mean they're attacking a race of people who are recognized as having a sovereign nation at every turn aren't they basically Hydra?

IIRC, Orchis hasn't attacked Krakoa oficially. Xavier's assasination wasn't Orchis (at least not directly). They've done some CIA shyt and mostly planning for the future. It's the mutants who have attacked them constantly because they wanna stop those plans.

Inferno even mentions Orchis has baited mutants to attack their Earth posts so Krakoa looks like the agressor to the public eye. So I'm not sure they qualify as a terrorist organization.

This has always been Hickman's biggest weakness though. Orchis has been untouchable to the point it makes no sense whatsoever, and it's an organization that even though it's been mentioned in some books, it has been doing very little in 2 years, so duddenly finding out it's been a priority to mutants, but only on a black ops level, is weak storytelling, imo.

Victor Lavalle?

Yes.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Inferno #1 was like reading the season premiere of a series finale. Not a lot happened, a good number of recaps/flashbacks for the "new audience", some much awaited dialogues and a big cliffhanger to get the show going :lupe:

BTW, Dyson rockets are basically the most powerful devices in the Marvel Universe :lolbron: :dead:
The ending of Inferno #1 was money for me.
Also this issue really just drove home that Destiny was right about Moira. She needs all chances of Destiny coming back wiped out because she plans on doing more of the dumb shyt that caused Mystique and Destiny to kill her the last time.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:russ: gotta give props to the artist for drawing both Magneto and Charles as being an arrogant jackass and a paranoid jackass.

I'm sure some feminist is gonna write an essay on their treatment of Moira

But really, Moira at fault too. Destinny did too good a job of instilling fear in her.

edit: oh and we been ALL saying it since this shyt started: DONT TRUST SINISTER :laff::laff::laff: