Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Trial of Magneto preview:

FSvouQu.jpg

s3rWfic.jpg

Rwy8sQq.jpg

k2BCbkY.jpg

mX61DWG.jpg

k7sYIc5.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Jason Aaron is introducing a new version of The Masters of Evil with a twist...The Multiversal Masters of Evil (which I guess are alternate universe versions of characters we know) will be led by an alternate universe Dr. Doom.

bKPOn32.jpg

Looks like a Doom/T'Challa hybrid
Crimson Dynamo
Punisher/Venom hybrid
Kid Thanos
Ghost Rider/Green Goblin hybrid
Wolverine
Have no clue who the woman is but she looks to be wearing either a Madam Masque mask or a Destiny mask

That looks like mystic armor doom and a symbiote that was bonded to 2099 spider man

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good idea on paper as manga and webtoons are eating western comics' lunch, but I hate the webtoons format.

Scrolling up and down like that is so counterintuitive to me, especially being used to swiping left and right as most western comics apps do.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Welp, Hickman about to be gone from X-Men.

Jonathan Hickman Is Leaving X-Men With Inferno's Conclusion

Here's hoping this is similar to when Fantastic Four got bodied, and he just switched to a bigger property to finish the story.

Yeah, really interesting he's staying at Marvel and just writing "big shyt". I'm also not entirely sure he wont comeback to the X-line eventually :dead:

Some excerpts
Hickman tells EW that his initial plan for the X-line has been massively expanded, thanks to contributions from the other writers and artists who came in to write comics alongside him (including Vita Ayala, Gerry Duggan, Al Ewing, Tini Howard, Benjamin Percy, Si Spurrier, Zeb Wells, Leah Williams, and more).

"Oh, plans have changed entirely," Hickman says. "When I pitched the X-Men story I wanted to do, I pitched a very big, very broad, three-act, three-event narrative, the first of which was House of X. And while this loosely worked as a three-year plan, I told Marvel upfront that I honestly had no idea how long the first part would last because there were a lot of interesting ideas that I had seeded that other creators would want to play with, and so, we left this rather open-ended. I was also pretty clear with all the writers that came into the office what the initial, three-act plan was so no one would be surprised when it was time for the line to pivot."

"However, I also knew that I was cooking with dynamite, and it was very possible that what I had written in House of X, and the ideas contained within, was not actually the first act of a three-act story, but something that resonated more deeply and worked more like Giant-Size X-Men, where it would represent a paradigm shift in the entire X-Men line for a prolonged period of time. So, during the pandemic, when the time came for me to start pointing things toward writing the second-act event, I asked everyone if they were ready for me to do that, and to a man, everyone wanted to stay in the first act. It was really interesting, because I appreciated that House of X resonated with them to the extent that they didn't want it to end, but the reality was that I knew I would be leaving the line early."

(...) "Marvel doesn't really pay me to just write ongoing monthly books, there's an expectation for me to write bigger books that have a wider reach than that," Hickman tells EW. "In an effort to facilitate both things, we've all spent the last six months or so reorienting the line, me creating Inferno to assist with that, and then bringing in some new writers to add to the existing team, and then plan for the next several years of X-books. So after Inferno, I'll be leaving to go work on my 'Next Big Marvel Thing™' and starting in January the X-Line will rocket forward starting with a weekly series that leads into the very cool, refocused, line of books. Yes, it's taken us a little while to get everything assembled correctly, but the end result — everything that's coming after Inferno — is going to be pretty great."

Not sure I understood that tweet :patrice: are they trying to boost sales with a "final issue" and then relaunching with a new n°1 with Chip still writing it?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, really interesting he's staying at Marvel and just writing "big shyt". I'm also not entirely sure he wont comeback to the X-line eventually :dead:

Some excerpts
I'm curious to see who is going to be the lead dog on the next wave of the X-books once Hickman moves on to his Substack stuff and only does big events with The X-Men.

Not sure I understood that tweet :patrice: are they trying to boost sales with a "final issue" and then relaunching with a new n°1 with Chip still writing it?
I'm thinking Zdarsky might do a DD event series or some sort of limited run on DD but I don't think he's going to commit to the long haul on the next chapter of the book.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some excerpts

Yeah, I think he'll be back at some point. The takeaway for me is that they're still invested in whatever his story is, but are comfortable with the X line riding the wave its on right now until the next major point. That's why I immediately thought of the Time Runs Out/Secret Wars run. It's mostly just a Fantastic Four story.

And my understanding of the Daredevil thing is that that Marvel is pulling a Marvel and just launching a new storyline/status quo with a #1, because Zdarsky is supposedly staying.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Trial of Magneto preview:

FSvouQu.jpg

s3rWfic.jpg

Rwy8sQq.jpg

k2BCbkY.jpg

mX61DWG.jpg

k7sYIc5.jpg

ahhhh shyt. Here we go.

Only thing I can figure now is it was some c-level player who isn't gonna "WOW" with the reveal.

Of Wanda isn't a mutant, then we can rule out Forge's power nullifier

Prolly got Leech cowering and scared in a corner somewhere, or just standing there. Could be anybody. Margali or Belasco.

All we can do is ride it out.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, I think he'll be back at some point. The takeaway for me is that they're still invested in whatever his story is, but are comfortable with the X line riding the wave its on right now until the next major point. That's why I immediately thought of the Time Runs Out/Secret Wars run. It's mostly just a Fantastic Four story.

And my understanding of the Daredevil thing is that that Marvel is pulling a Marvel and just launching a new storyline/status quo with a #1, because Zdarsky is supposedly staying.

I just hope he actually stays in good graces with Marvel because who knows what will happen with the X-Office now. J.D. White seems to be a cool editor to work with that is able to make this weekly meetings something people actually want to be a part of, but if you read what happened to X-Factor, good ol' Marvel fukkery happened and without a big name like Hickman having his back, editorial could come in and ruin everything in 2022 and so long Krakoa + whatever Hickman might've came back for.

To be honest I'm surprised this dude asked "so, can I move forward with my story now?" and when the answer was "honestly, can we just keep this part going breh?" he went "aight :ehh:" and kept it moving. He has to have a lot of faith in White, Ewing and Duggan.

RE: Daredevil. I hope that's the case, I have to catch up with the run but Chip gotta be Marvel's best writer and it would suck for him to leave a monthly book.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Jason Aaron is introducing a new version of The Masters of Evil with a twist...The Multiversal Masters of Evil (which I guess are alternate universe versions of characters we know) will be led by an alternate universe Dr. Doom.

bKPOn32.jpg

Crimson Dynamo
Punisher/Venom hybrid
Kid Thanos
Wolverine
Have no clue who the woman is but she looks to be wearing either a Madam Masque mask or a Destiny mask

It’s a shame his typical Avengers issue is so mid... because Aaron writes a GOAT Black Panther and a top tier Squadron Supreme (GOAT Nighthawk).

If his heart is in this MMoE ish the way it was with SS, it could be great.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I just hope he actually stays in good graces with Marvel because who knows what will happen with the X-Office now. J.D. White seems to be a cool editor to work with that is able to make this weekly meetings something people actually want to be a part of, but if you read what happened to X-Factor, good ol' Marvel fukkery happened and without a big name like Hickman having his back, editorial could come in and ruin everything in 2022 and so long Krakoa + whatever Hickman might've came back for.

To be honest I'm surprised this dude asked "so, can I move forward with my story now?" and when the answer was "honestly, can we just keep this part going breh?" he went "aight :ehh:" and kept it moving. He has to have a lot of faith in White, Ewing and Duggan.

RE: Daredevil. I hope that's the case, I have to catch up with the run but Chip gotta be Marvel's best writer and it would suck for him to leave a monthly book.

Or at least that was the diplomatic explanation, for the press. Could just be polite damage control. Read another way: whatever he had in mind for the pivot, nobody was feeling it (or was told “no”) and so he said aight then I’m out.

But since Marvel still had the bag ready for him... to do “big events” with less chances of future derailment (think more Secret Wars, less entire X or Avengers line) he chose peace, even tho he only got 1/3rd out of the story he wanted to tell.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

bKPOn32.jpg

Crimson Dynamo
Punisher/Venom hybrid
Kid Thanos
Wolverine

That team shouldn't have a problem fukking anybody up

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Or at least that was the diplomatic explanation, for the press. Could just be polite damage control. Read another way: whatever he had in mind for the pivot, nobody was feeling it (or was told “no”) and so he said aight then I’m out.

But since Marvel still had the bag ready for him... to do “big events” with less chances of future derailment (think more Secret Wars, less entire X or Avengers line) he chose peace, even tho he only got 1/3rd out of the story he wanted to tell.

I guess money talks, but I have a hard time picturing a dude like Hickman just playing ball over something he didn't agree with, being all política about it And staying with Marvel in a scenario were things with the X-line went in a direction he didn't like (to the point he left that office).

He's too big of a name at this point, and has the ability to make money elsewhere (that he didn't have after he left post Secret Wars). If he was pissed I'm pretty sure we would know and he would've taken someone else's money (or just suck Substack dry).

My bet is he's content with the people he left in charge. Plus he seems to like the fact he could be remenbered as the person who saved the X-Men and ushered a new Era that lasted many years, instead of the dude that told a big epic of 3 acts. Plus he could potentially comeback for a huge crossover event at some point.

Of course things could turn sideways quick. Editorial fukks Krakoa up in 2022 and his "next big Marvel thing" goes nowhere and he leaves agsin. But as of right now, I believe he's OK with how things turned out.

Duggan's Substack post about the while thing (not his trolling tweet about it) is kinda envigorating. I just hope it keeps selling well after the "relaunch" in Jsnuary so they don't scrap everything.