Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Can someone explain what substack is? Is it like Image comics but instead of artist the writers are creating a universe? Why is everyone heading there now?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain what substack is? Is it like Image comics but instead of artist the writers are creating a universe? Why is everyone heading there now?
From what I seen in this thread Hickman done with X-Men after Inferno - Comics and Graphic Novels Message Board - GameFAQs

Check out the YouTube channel ComicPop Returns they did a huge talk about it. Basically it's a subscription newsletter service sniping writers from Marvel and DC to do independent books for their service. You subscribe to the individual ones you like for various fees per person like $7 a month for one guy maybe $7 a month for another writer. Basically it's like a Patreon but Substack gave these writers *(probably gigantic) payments upfront.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Inferno #3 cover :damn:

INFERNO2021003-col.jpg

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cullen Bunn has been pitching a Marvel version of a Justice League Dark type book and Marvel keeps rejecting him...that don't make no sense.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Wondering if I should buy the Flashpoint omni. Main story is great, but I don’t know about the side issues. I read the Batman one. I remember the other stories in the trade didn’t catch my attention.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Spider Man - Life Story Annual #1 was great. A perfect company piece to an awesome fukking series :obama:

Cable Reloaded was a really fun read, glad to have the old man back and interacting with the SWORD crew. Also, Cable's interaction with Rocket is a must read :russ: :russ:

These last two Wolverine issues are by far the best I've read from Percy as an X-writer. Love the Solem character and fukkery and love that Logan keeps catching Ls to him :mjlol: