Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
X-men 21 wasn't bad. I have some questions though. Why the fukk were the Avengers taking to Namor? Did I miss something? Also this new team seems kinda forgettable.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Men #21. Sinister's Secrets are back :banderas: and they make it pretty clear Inferno is one more step towards the story instead of the climax.

The Apoc teaser had me :lupe:

The Illuminati reforming :damn: Namor gonna end up betraying them again if Krakoa gives him the right offer?

Loved the nuance of every Omega level mutant being gathered and leaving the party. It was a nice subtle way of previewing Planet Sized X-Men next week.

Excalibur was asscheeks as usual :scust: fukk that book.

Spider Shadow continues to be demonic as fukk :merchant: :merchant: :whoa:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-men 21 wasn't bad. I have some questions though. Why the fukk were the Avengers taking to Namor? Did I miss something? Also this new team seems kinda forgettable.

Illuminati was heavily implied. Not only with Namor telling Chuck and Erik to comeback to him with a better offer because until then he was gonna be talking with the Avengers. But also, one Sinister Secret talked about more than two "ruling councils circling the sun".

The team was the least important thing about this issue, which was :dead: considering it was sold as the presentation of it.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Illuminati was heavily implied. Not only with Namor telling Chuck and Erik to comeback to him with a better offer because until then he was gonna be talking with the Avengers. But also, one Sinister Secret talked about more than two "ruling councils circling the sun".

The team was the least important thing about this issue, which was :dead: considering it was sold as the presentation of it.
so this is tying into Hickman's Avenger run? Are we totally discounting all the shyt Namor did on Aaron's Avengers?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
X-Men #21. Sinister's Secrets are back :banderas: and they make it pretty clear Inferno is one more step towards the story instead of the climax.

The Apoc teaser had me :lupe:

The Illuminati reforming :damn: Namor gonna end up betraying them again if Krakoa gives him the right offer?

Loved the nuance of every Omega level mutant being gathered and leaving the party. It was a nice subtle way of previewing Planet Sized X-Men next week.

Excalibur was asscheeks as usual :scust: fukk that book.

Spider Shadow continues to be demonic as fukk :merchant: :merchant: :whoa:
They should have let T'challa kill Namor when he had the chance.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
BTW, the Mad Jim Jaspers tease had me :krs:

so this is tying into Hickman's Avenger run? Are we totally discounting all the shyt Namor did on Aaron's Avengers?

Not sure it will tie into Hickman's Avengers run but it seems to me Aaron's run has been cast aside by most of Marvel creators, specially the X-Office.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Could've just been a case of Namor going over there to be a dikk to the Avengers since they didn't actually show us the conversation they had.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So the vacant seats on the Quiet Council are Apocalypse's spot in Autumn and Storm's seat in Summer.

So that means they will have to get another member of one of the X-teams to take Storm's place and someone who is a leader of a group or lands.

Namor would've been a good pick for the 3rd seat on the Autumn faction with Chuck and Magneto but with him turning them down the only other mutant who fits the criteria is Jamie Braddock by virtue of him being king of Avalon.

I would like to see Danielle Moonstar get Storm's spot since Dani is basically the de facto leader of the next generation of mutants.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So the vacant seats on the Quiet Council are Apocalypse's spot in Autumn and Storm's seat in Summer.

So that means they will have to get another member of one of the X-teams to take Storm's place and someone who is a leader of a group or lands.

Namor would've been a good pick for the 3rd seat on the Autumn faction with Chuck and Magneto but with him turning them down the only other mutant who fits the criteria is Jamie Braddock by virtue of him being king of Avalon.

I would like to see Danielle Moonstar get Storm's spot since Dani is basically the de facto leader of the next generation of mutants.

Considering Planet Size X-Men will likely be about conquering another planet, maybe Namor changes his mind as Krakoa wouldn't be just a little Island anymore.

Storm is still in the QC. Maybe she leaves once SWORD comes out and we find out what are her plans but the vacant seat is Jean's.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Considering Planet Size X-Men will likely be about conquering another planet, maybe Namor changes his mind as Krakoa wouldn't be just a little Island anymore.

Storm is still in the QC. Maybe she leaves once SWORD comes out and we find out what are her plans but the vacant seat is Jean's.
I forgot Jean gave up her seat during that goofy X of Swords story. And then she and Cyclops turned down Magneto and Xavier's offer for them to rejoin/join the council.
So with Apoc, Jean and soon Storm leaving that means they will have 3 seats to fill.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I forgot Jean gave up her seat during that goofy X of Swords story. And then she and Cyclops turned down Magneto and Xavier's offer for them to rejoin/join the council.
So with Apoc, Jean and soon Storm leaving that means they will have 3 seats to fill.

I still think the Quiet Council stops being a thing after Inferno anyway. At least in the way it was established in HoX/PoX

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
E3f-8aDWEAEJVIu

:russ: @ Feige asking what's the X-Men's deal.....