Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
56be56dbf5c7087df43a44595db74242.jpg
I recognized Conan but who is the other guy supposed to be?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I kinda don't want Krakoa to fall. I mean let the mutants stay where they're at. Also why would Destiny want to ruin a mutant paradise? Couldn't they just convince her to keep the whole thing a secret?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I kinda don't want Krakoa to fall. I mean let the mutants stay where they're at. Also why would Destiny want to ruin a mutant paradise? Couldn't they just convince her to keep the whole thing a secret?

Because destiny, like all the villains are petty as shyt. Probably the same reason why they gave villains the keys to most of the doors of the kingdom, so they would be less reluctant to fukk up their own shyt

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Because destiny, like all the villains are petty as shyt. Probably the same reason why they gave villains the keys to most of the doors of the kingdom, so they would be less reluctant to fukk up their own shyt
They should give Raven what she wants and be like "Yo Des. Check it." Ya'll can have the run of the place, be on the council ect. Just don't break no laws and don't fukk shyt up and ya'll good."

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

There's a lot about Destiny and Moira we still don't know about. Why does Moira doesn't want precogs? Is it because mutants always lose and she doesn't want that to be out there when they are trying to build a nation?

Or is it because it's about something hundreds of year into the future that needs ignorance bliss from mutants?

Or is it just her being scared about Destiny, considering she was burned alive and warned by her? To the point of her final life (the 11th one) being dependent of "playing her cards right".

On the other hand, we have no clue about the motivations from Destiny. All we know from this version of her (the Hickman one) is that she wanted Moira to make the most out her power for mutant's sake instead of using it to eradicate them. We have no clue how she would feel about this version of Krakoa or what the future tells her post HoX/PoX...I guess that's the point of Moira having her diaries?

They should give Raven what she wants and be like "Yo Des. Check it." Ya'll can have the run of the place, be on the council ect. Just don't break no laws and don't fukk shyt up and ya'll good."

Never trust Mystique, she's compromised the Earth before over her own pettiness or ambitions. The real question is why the fukk did Charles and Magneto wanted her in the Quiet Council or being a part of Krakoa. Only reason bringing Destiny back became an issue is because those two promised her as a bargain chip so she would join the QC.

There's a couple of big stuff that could either be compelling stories or very lazy writing by Hickman. We'll see what it ends up being soon.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Or is it just her being scared about Destiny, considering she was burned alive and warned by her? To the point of her final life (the 11th one) being dependent of "playing her cards right
She also didn't want Blindfold alive either.

Charles and Magneto wanted her in the Quiet Council or being a part of Krakoa

To keep an eye on her presumably.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
She also didn't want Blindfold alive either.

It could also be she's banning every precog so there's no scenario were everyone's back except Destiny :heh: that would be even harder to justify.

To keep an eye on her presumably.

True. But they've done such a horrible job at it that it begs the question of "is it convenient writing or they've done this shyt on purpose"?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It could also be she's banning every precog so there's no scenario were everyone's back except Destiny :heh: that would be even harder to justify.

True. But they've done such a horrible job at it that it begs the question of "is it convenient writing or they've done this shyt on purpose"?
If what David told Kurt is true then Charles and Erik are not in the drivers seat and maybe never have been. But then that begs the question what does the driver want?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Isn't Krakoa destined to fall whether Mystique and Destiny have a hand in burning it all down or not?
That seemed to be the gist of what we were shown in the House of X/Power of X books.
Besides, how Krakoa has been set up is just a recipe for disaster and the trio of Xavier, Magneto and Moira seem to be the worst people to put in charge of the "great mutant society".
Also, Destiny decided that Moira was a threat because she spent one of her lives creating a cure for being a mutant which Destiny foresaw as something that would end up being used against all mutants eventually.
So Destiny basically saw that Moira would end up destroying mutants more often than not. She gave her the warning to help mutant kind or face the consequence of Destiny finding her as a child before her mutant powers manifest and ending her for good.
The fact that Moira is keeping a lot of the stuff with Destiny from Mags and Chuck as well as being so hellbent on keeping her dead leads me to believe that Moira will eventually fukk over Krakoa and all the mutants living there sooner or later.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

She's definitely taking a broad "no precogs" stance just because she wants Destiny to stay dead but no one to realize that she only wants Destiny to stay dead.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Give Mystique what she wants? She's a utter psychotic...she has no business being on the council..she's not resourceful or smart enough to be there. She has no big accomplishments. Exodus kicked the Avengers asses in Bloodties..Jean was the Phoenix...Xavier is the definition of the mythos..Cyclops is Xavier's top sidekick..Storm is royalty...Nightcrawler is the heart and soul of things..Magneto is there for every big change..Sinister is the top geneticist in Marvel..
Mystique? Come on..lol

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There's a lot about Destiny and Moira we still don't know about. Why does Moira doesn't want precogs? Is it because mutants always lose and she doesn't want that to be out there when they are trying to build a nation?

Or is it because it's about something hundreds of year into the future that needs ignorance bliss from mutants?

Or is it just her being scared about Destiny, considering she was burned alive and warned by her? To the point of her final life (the 11th one) being dependent of "playing her cards right".

On the other hand, we have no clue about the motivations from Destiny. All we know from this version of her (the Hickman one) is that she wanted Moira to make the most out her power for mutant's sake instead of using it to eradicate them. We have no clue how she would feel about this version of Krakoa or what the future tells her post HoX/PoX...I guess that's the point of Moira having her diaries?
When Destiny's powers manifest she will automatically have full knowledge of all of her interactions with Moira. So Destiny basically is on mission by puberty to deal with Moria if Moria fukks up.
The better question is what is Moira hiding that she's so shook by Destiny's threat? Because Destiny only said she would take action if Moira does something to endanger her fellow mutants. If she's really down with building a thriving mutant society then she shouldn't be so worried.
Or she's just petty and wants revenge on Destiny for burning her alive that last time.

Never trust Mystique, she's compromised the Earth before over her own pettiness or ambitions. The real question is why the fukk did Charles and Magneto wanted her in the Quiet Council or being a part of Krakoa. Only reason bringing Destiny back became an issue is because those two promised her as a bargain chip so she would join the QC.
I guess Chuck and them figured having Mystique close was better than having her out in the wild possibly plotting against them.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Give Mystique what she wants? She's a utter psychotic...she has no business being on the council..she's not resourceful or smart enough to be there. She has no big accomplishments. Exodus kicked the Avengers asses in Bloodties..Jean was the Phoenix...Xavier is the definition of the mythos..Cyclops is Xavier's top sidekick..Storm is royalty...Nightcrawler is the heart and soul of things..Magneto is there for every big change..Sinister is the top geneticist in Marvel..
Mystique? Come on..lol
Look all I'm saying is either kill her or give her what she asked for. They know what they got into