Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Iron Man, but agree 100% on Spider-Man.

I was listening to a podcast and they were saying Spencer wants to do a 100-issue run but has no plan for it, and boy does it show. :francis:

Last Remains was the highlight of his run so far, but just like I feared it's back to being stupid again. :francis:

Yea LR was decent. but his run has been really sub par.

I tried to give Iron Man a shot but it just hasn't grabbed me. I'm glad Rhodey was in it though.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If y'all want a Spidey story...

Chip's "What If" relaunch, Spider's Shadow is out today. And it doesn't disappoint :banderas: it says it's 4 part story but I heard Chip yesterday in an interview were he said Marvel gave him 5 issues because the story warranted it. Check it out

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The new X-Men lineup is official. Duggan will write the team of:

XMEN2021001_cov.jpg

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Sunfire
Rogue
Wolverine (X-23)
Synch
Polaris (vote winner)

Dope that Synch made it after that awesome showcase Hickman did for him. Kinda weird he's actually leaving the book after setting him up like that though.

In an another interview, Duggan said Hickman offered him the gig as he wanted to do other stuff (the book he's doing in September) and that he had gotten away for too long with not having a legit X-Men team doing hero stuff :heh: also confirmed Hickman is staying as the "head of X" and leading the whole line like he's been doing.

Duggan also mentioned he was excited to have fun with these characters "for a year".

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The new X-Men lineup is official. Duggan will write the team of:

XMEN2021001_cov.jpg

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Sunfire
Rogue
Wolverine (X-23)
Synch
Polaris (vote winner)

Dope that Synch made it after that awesome showcase Hickman did for him. Kinda weird he's actually leaving the book after setting him up like that though.

In an another interview, Duggan said Hickman offered him the gig as he wanted to do other stuff (the book he's doing in September) and that he had gotten away for too long with not having a legit X-Men team doing hero stuff :heh: also confirmed Hickman is staying as the "head of X" and leading the whole line like he's been doing.

Duggan also mentioned he was excited to have fun with these characters "for a year".
Why is Laura replacing her father? Is he dead? Where is her brother? Is her father still :mjpls:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also confirmed Hickman is staying as the "head of X" and leading the whole line like he's been doing.

OK. This was confusing me because I'm a few weeks behind on all the X-Books and I saw they already had the complete X-Men by Hickman Omnibus due out in November. :wtf:

I was like are they wrapping up already? :mindblown:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
OK. This was confusing me because I'm a few weeks behind on all the X-Books and I saw they already had the complete X-Men by Hickman Omnibus due out in November. :wtf:

I was like are they wrapping up already? :mindblown:

Yeah, it seems #20 will be his last one with that title (not sure if there will be a #21 for the Hell Fire Gala).

My guess is that he's either doing Moira's book or the Storm story they've been hyping up for almost a year now (maybe she leads an "Uncanny X-Men" team?).

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
If y'all want a Spidey story...

Chip's "What If" relaunch, Spider's Shadow is out today. And it doesn't disappoint :banderas: it says it's 4 part story but I heard Chip yesterday in an interview were he said Marvel gave him 5 issues because the story warranted it. Check it out

Good start so far
don't know if I'm feeling this "venom" look. Ain't the what if Spidey has been taken over by the suit

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Why is Laura replacing her father? Is he dead? Where is her brother? Is her father still :mjpls:

Sync need to make good and run up in Laura’s cheeks :ehh:

Speaking of Sync, I’m glad one of my favorite X-men finally getting some shine :blessed:.

Haven’t seen him personally since the Phalanx saga. He back :mjcry: