Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So what's good with X23 and Daken now?

Daken is on X-Factor as the "muscle" of the group. There's an interesting relationship between him and Aurora on the book too, as well as more explanations to his powers.

X-23 was sent to the Vault to deal with that problem, we'll know what ended up happening with her in the next issue of X-Men.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Daken is on X-Factor as the "muscle" of the group. There's an interesting relationship between him and Aurora on the book too, as well as more explanations to his powers.

X-23 was sent to the Vault to deal with that problem, we'll know what ended up happening with her in the next issue of X-Men.
I've missed the last 3 issues..I can download that tonight. Getting a little bit behind but I'm a very fast reader. Won't take long.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So Morrison's The Green Lantern book was essentially one big meta-conceptual criticism of DC's editorial and leadership being on a bunch of bullshyt. Gotta love the man even when it feels shrooms were more essential to the writing process of this book than typewriters. :russ:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So Final Crisis part 2? :dead:
Pretty much but even more batshyt insane and when you read into it much harsher. Remember that they also put this shyt on paper with no fukks given.

Speaking of Snyder, Grant Morrison fukking destroyed Snyder's writing in the second issue of Blackstars.:mjgrin:

QzhuBlo.jpg

Summed up and shat on Snyder's JL in a single panel. :picard::wow:

And of course he had words for Metal and The Batman Who Laughs too.

szc2cdX.jpg

Pulled out the Star Trek facial hair doppelganger and had Batman throw in the towel at this nonsense! :russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What’s the comparison to FC? Was FC a subliminal?

Final Crisis (and the "Countdown" to it) has a lot of jabs at editorial or how editors work. Couldn't give you an exact example as I haven't read it in more than a decade but it was pretty glaring and it was a talking point about that whole cross over. shyt, the whole Monitors stuff was shytting on editors IIRC :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Final Crisis (and the "Countdown" to it) has a lot of jabs at editorial or how editors work. Couldn't give you an exact example as I haven't read it in more than a decade but it was pretty glaring and it was a talking point about that whole cross over. shyt, the whole Monitors stuff was shytting on editors IIRC :pachaha:
I read both and never read between the lines. Maybe it had to do with the moment they were happening? I read both around 2014/15.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It sucks that King in Black took 3 out of 4 issues of S.W.O.R.D. but Ewing made it work and used it as a way to showcase Manifold. That breh is DOPE, taking to the universe and lending a piece of the Sun :wow:

Good cliffhanger too. What is Magneto planning? :lupe: