Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:what: maaan y'all seen them Thor/Avengers spoilers!?
Yeah I saw it...It is such a stupid retcon.
They already retconned Thor's mom to be Gaea back in the day and that actually made sense plus explained Thor's constant pull to Earth. This Phoenix stuff is just dumb and shows a fundamental lack of understanding from Aaron about just what The Phoenix Force is.

Jason Aaron has been one of the Top 5 worst Avengers writers.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They already retconned Thor's mom to be Gaea back in the day and that actually made sense plus explained Thor's constant pull to Earth. This Phoenix stuff is just dumb and shows a fundamental lack of understanding from Aaron about just what The Phoenix Force is.

breh, how can he have hose grandiose ideas then fukk them up by adding all this stupid shyt!?

edit:

Aaron: Yo yo! Hey editors! I got these grandiose ideas! :gladbron:

Editors: :francis: yeah uh huh... you up next anyway... lets hear them.

Aaron: *Pitches grandiose ideas* :gladbron:

Editorial: :gladbron::whoo: Have fun carte blanche this gonna be great!

Aaron: :win: *sneaks incredibly dumb shyt in like the government does with tax bills*

Us: :dwillhuh:

Editorial: :dwillhuh:

Blogs/Columns/Reviewers: :dwillhuh:

Aaron: :win::win::win::win::win::win::win::

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
breh, how can he have hose grandiose ideas then fukk them up by adding all this stupid shyt!?

edit:

Aaron: Yo yo! Hey editors! I got these grandiose ideas! :gladbron:

Editors: :francis: yeah uh huh... you up next anyway... lets hear them.

Aaron: *Pitches grandiose ideas* :gladbron:

Editorial: :gladbron::whoo: Have fun carte blanche this gonna be great!

Aaron: :win: *sneaks incredibly dumb shyt in like the government does with tax bills*

Us: :dwillhuh:

Editorial: :dwillhuh:

Blogs/Columns/Reviewers: :dwillhuh:

Aaron: :win::win::win::win::win::win::win::
There is also something incredibly douchebaggy about doing this just a couple months after Al Ewing and Dan Slott made this stuff be such major parts of Empyre story:
EvL0BZj.jpg

Kfyyx6u.jpg

yiM2n9I.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
There is also something incredibly douchebaggy about doing this just a couple months after Al Ewing and Dan Slott made this stuff be such major parts of Empyre story:
EvL0BZj.jpg

Kfyyx6u.jpg

yiM2n9I.jpg

Editorial are rarely fans,IMO;

they're not reading, just watching (the bottom line)

It's my main problem with with reading/watching the Bendis/Brevroot pairing.

Note DC going ":yeshrug:" to actual continuity.... while letting Bendis not be "exclusive"

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Editorial are rarely fans,IMO;

they're not reading, just watching (the bottom line)

It's my main problem with with reading/watching the Bendis/Brevroot pairing.

Note DC going ":yeshrug:" to actual continuity.... while letting Bendis not be "exclusive"
DC is so far past caring about continuity it's not even funny. They barely even try anymore.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

geeez
this is such a stupid retcon. The Gaea thing makes sense.. this Phoenix shyt is just really stupid. almost as bad as Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver retcon.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

So that's the real reason dude been so gung ho about Avengers 10.000 B,C and all that shyt :scusthov:

I guess Aaron just trying to do wild shyt to try to lure Feige to use one of his stories in the MCU. Good luck with that one Jason :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
EvL0BZj.jpg

Kfyyx6u.jpg

yiM2n9I.jpg
fukk all these continuity ignoring wannabe big event writers. All chasing pop culture clout hoping the asinine bullshyt retcons they come up with will stick around.

That’s why I'll forever have Morrison in my top 3 because unless he's handed the keys (and even when he's handed the keys) he works in a continuity bubble that will outlast all these 'in-the-moment' writers whose books will become outdated three months from now.

'I'm rereading Book X. That great Y storyline from 2 years ago. You know, during that period when Z was not a mutant and W was the inheritant of the Phoenix Force, and V was U at the time because Kang switched them out as babies...'

:francis: