Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
gnzqlg6bhga61.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Wonder Woman Future State book was surprisingly good. :leon:

Joelle Jones did some amazing art, it had a cool story, and even though I know absolutely nothing about Brazilian folklore, it was cool to see it weaved into the story. I wasn't against the idea of Yara Flor but I could take it or leave it. After this, I'm legit interested in her now. I liked her characterization in this.

The rest of them shyts were:trash: tho. Flash being the worst of them all. The only one that was decent was the Guardian backup in Superman.

Harley Quinn had some amazing art by Simone Di Meo (one of my favorite artists right now), but it was all talking and exposition.

John Ridley's Batman was ok, but it was all setup. It has the most issues out of all of them so I'll be more lenient on it. Outsiders had cool art, but I didn't care for the story. I don't care about Arkham Knight at all, so I glazed over that story.

And I hated everything about Superman of Metropolis except the John Timms art. :scust:

People weren't kidding when they said these were just leftover scripts they needed something to do with. They're not even paced properly to end in only one more issue. :hhh:

To be fair, I heard the Swamp Thing one was good, but it was getting late so I didn't finish it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Wonder Woman Future State book was surprisingly good. :leon:

Joelle Jones did some amazing art, it had a cool story, and even though I know absolutely nothing about Brazilian folklore, it was cool to see it weaved into the story. I wasn't against the idea of Yara Flor but I could take it or leave it. After this, I'm legit interested in her now. I liked her characterization in this.

The rest of them shyts were:trash: tho. Flash being the worst of them all. The only one that was decent was the Guardian backup in Superman.

Harley Quinn had some amazing art by Simone Di Meo (one of my favorite artists right now), but it was all talking and exposition.

John Ridley's Batman was ok, but it was all setup. It has the most issues out of all of them so I'll be more lenient on it. Outsiders had cool art, but I didn't care for the story. I don't care about Arkham Knight at all, so I glazed over that story.

And I hated everything about Superman of Metropolis except the John Timms art. :scust:

People weren't kidding when they said these were just leftover scripts they needed something to do with. They're not even paced properly to end in only one more issue. :hhh:

To be fair, I heard the Swamp Thing one was good, but it was getting late so I didn't finish it.
I liked the Swamp Thing one but as you said Wonder Woman was the best.

I hated The Flash one too. The story was dumb and Dale Eaglesham drew Flash and them all brolic for no damn reason.

To me this seems like a case of them having these scripts ready to go for whatever the 5G thing was going to be so instead of dumping them they figured they would make a small event and see if any of the new characters take off.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I... have no idea.

I think she might be addicted to dying and using it in place of her alcoholism. Sounds wild, but that's all I got.
CBR is saying she's still possessed by the Goddess Morrigan from the last X Factor series when they took her out the book..or she's been replaced by Morrigan.

You know Siryn, in the 90s, used to have these weird run ins with Deadpool. I'm not sure if they made them a couple or what.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Speaking of X-Factor, I laughed loud as hell as Jean Paul being called "Discount Doctor Who". I been waiting on him to be called on it. Didn't expect it from Daken.

31145_1.jpg

that's not what I'm here to talk about, though.

I'm wondering.... why isn't Jamie Madrox in this book!?

And where is Layla Miller (who I don't want on this book post Layla Revamp) Hey @Jello Biafra that could be something else for the ideas that we pitch but don't work on: Layla being outright rejected from Krakoa on the low because her powers aren't "Knowing Stuff", but are actually resurrecting the dead without their souls, which would fukk up Krakoa's status quo severely.

Honestly, I wish she just "knew stuff". Her revamp seemed like a dumb way for editorial to make Peter David write more stories.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Speaking of X-Factor, I laughed loud as hell as Jean Paul being called "Discount Doctor Who". I been waiting on him to be called on it. Didn't expect it from Daken.

31145_1.jpg

And where is Layla Miller (who I don't want on this book post Layla Revamp) Hey @Jello Biafra that could be something else for the ideas that we pitch but don't work on: Layla being outright rejected from Krakoa on the low because her powers aren't "Knowing Stuff", but are actually resurrecting the dead without their souls, which would fukk up Krakoa's status quo severely.

Honestly, I wish she just "knew stuff". Her revamp seemed like a dumb way for editorial to make Peter David write more stories.
Ok..they made her like a college age girl and married her off. Long way from when everyone thought she was somehow Wanda's daughter after House of M..I mean how else did she know as much as she did? But Peter David took it a different direction..it was a good little arc. She's missing. Magneto's sidekick Briar Raleigh that Cullen Bunn created is MIA these days. Not enough Uniscione either..she was so damn loyal in the Acolytes.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Marauders was great. :mjcry:..
Callisto asking her "Sister" to kill her. Storm's ass BETTER NOT go to Wakanda

Emma fukking with Shaw by tying Shinobi (his.... "son") to Harry Leland (for those not in the know, Harry Leland was the Black Bishop of the Hellfire Club at one point. His power was making thing s heavier by increasing their density. He died of a heart attack while fighting Nimrod (whom Emma called "killrod" the dismissal is a... red flag in itself. Nimrod kills X-Men). Shinobi's power is... controlling his density.

Kate being a badass

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ok..they made her like a college age girl and married her off. Long way from when everyone thought she was somehow Wanda's daughter after House of M..I mean how else did she know as much as she did? But Peter David took it a different direction..it was a good little arc. She's missing. Magneto's sidekick Briar Raleigh that Cullen Bunn created is MIA these days. Not enough Uniscione either..she was so damn loyal in the Acolytes.

Funny, right. She was the "Third Summers Brother" of Wanda's two children.

For some reason, I don't think Marvel liked the idea of Magneto's family line being WAY MORE powerful than the Summers Line

Polaris having her dad's power, insanity and rage (seen just last X-Factor issue. I love Lorna)

Wanda altering reality, having her dad's insanity and compassion

Pietro altering Time and having his dad's insanity plus... well.. insanity (and regal arrogance)

Briar needs to (still) be Magneto's human liaison. Such a great character. .

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CBR is saying she's still possessed by the Goddess Morrigan from the last X Factor series when they took her out the book..or she's been replaced by Morrigan.

You know Siryn, in the 90s, used to have these weird run ins with Deadpool. I'm not sure if they made them a couple or what.

they did for a while.

But I think that whole section of time (and yes I know I sound obsessive) was Brevroot having too much power, and various editors were like :yeshrug:

Hell, I think Deadpool had a thing with Rogue during this time.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

31145_1.jpg

Bruh I've been wondering why they have Northstar leading an investigation team instead of Madrox since the books was first announced.

And I hate the retcon of Layla Miller's powers.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bruh I've been wondering why they have Northstar leading an investigation team instead of Madrox since the books was first announced.

And I hate the retcon of Layla Miller's powers.

It just hit me, they wouldn't allow her on the island anyway. No Precogs.

edit: Damn it's a hell of a knot to untangle, but RACHEL is there.

edited edit: so is Turk Cable. Who should know EVERYTHING, if his beef with OG cable is he fukked up.

another "Cable is Stryfe" thread to hopelessly try to unravel

edited edited edit: summers children.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

They tried. But wade being mentally fukked up he pushed her away after a while