Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I've heard ppl say a lot of good things about Cates venom run (I only read a couple issues early on, a while back.. so i can't judge) but one problem i immediately have with this king in black first issue is the complete negligence of the current MU status quo.... acting like we're still in 2004 New Avengers era.

Cap isn't the leader of the Avengers, BP is. Luke isn't in the front lines of big Avenger battles, Blade is; Blade is an active member who should be all in the video.

My memory of Sentry is foggy as i thought he had gone super sayian red, last seen in annihilation scourge... but here he's back in his '04 gimmick trying to reenact a gimmick he pulled back in... '04.

And why do they stay neglecting Blue Marvel in all these "all hands on deck" extinction level events that happen semi-quarterly?

I think Al Ewing is the only one that cares about Blue Marvel. He'll make sure he appears in one of his books.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
uZ1rWu.jpg

I hate this man's art so much :mjcry:

Him, Frank Quitely, Jae Lee and Greg Land.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've heard ppl say a lot of good things about Cates venom run (I only read a couple issues early on, a while back.. so i can't judge) but one problem i immediately have with this king in black first issue is the complete negligence of the current MU status quo.... acting like we're still in 2004 New Avengers era.

Cap isn't the leader of the Avengers, BP is. Luke isn't in the front lines of big Avenger battles, Blade is; Blade is an active member who should be all in the video.

My memory of Sentry is foggy as i thought he had gone super sayian red, last seen in annihilation scourge... but here he's back in his '04 gimmick trying to reenact a gimmick he pulled back in... '04.

And why do they stay neglecting Blue Marvel in all these "all hands on deck" extinction level events that happen semi-quarterly?

Marvel doesn't know what they want to do with Sentry. It honestly could be a story in itself. I'm expecting Zombie Sentry to pop up sooner or later, adding more confusion.

And yeah, They really need to do something with Adam. But I guess it's hard to write someone who matches Reed in brains and Thor in power into an event.

He'd just solve the shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What's this DC Future State? Is it just a spotlight on Elseworlds/Multiverse characters?
Its a look at the possible future of the DC Universe.

In reality it is DC taking that 5G event Dan Didio was planning on doing where he replaced all the OG heroes with new versions and turning it into a mini-event with the goal of throwing a bunch of new characters/concepts out into the world and seeing which ones people respond to.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This week saw Marvel and DC both release new event series (King in Black and Justice League: Endless Winter) and both of them were ass cheeks.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't know if I ever opened this can of worms on this message board.

But Agree or Disagree:

Doom is smarter than Reed.

Reason being, even though Reed trumps Doom in pure "science", the only person who knows more magic on earth than Doom is Dr. Strange. Reed can't be bothered with magic.

Plus, Reed can't figure out time travel, but Doom mastered it.

edit: yes I have.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I didn't like that first issue of King in Black at all.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

But Agree or Disagree:

Reason being, even though Reed trumps Doom in pure "science", the only person who knows more magic on earth than Doom is Dr. Strange. Reed can't be bothered with magic.

Doom is smarter but deep down he is insecure about Reed being smarter than him due to his miscalculation in the experiment that disfigured him (and that Reed tried to warn him about) so he tends to sabotage himself when it comes to face offs of intellect with Richards.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Doom is smarter but deep down he is insecure about Reed being smarter than him due to his miscalculation in the experiment that disfigured him (and that Reed tried to warn him about) so he tends to sabotage himself when it comes to face offs of intellect with Richards.

Doom is the Thanos of Earth, you say?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

But Agree or Disagree:

Anyone who read the original Secret Wars knows Victor is smarter..not to mention he created a time machine and Reed can't even out how to make Thing human again.